Profile for Smiffy P > Reviews

Content by Smiffy P

Smiffy P (Swanley, Kent United Kingdom)

Children's Step-by-Step Cookbook
Children's Step-by-Step Cookbook
by Angela Wilkes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jan. 2016
Lovely book.

Personalised '... Is a Baking Superstar' Aprons Fun Novelty Gifts Available in All Ages (Small Adult 78cm x 58cm)
Offered by Cookify

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jan. 2016
Good value. Very pleased.

Incendiary
Incendiary
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars The Love Film synopsis says she goes to the stadium and ..., 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Incendiary (DVD)
I thought Incendiary had a muddled, pointless plot. The Love Film synopsis says she goes to the stadium and runs into her late husband's boss, Terrance Butcher. Well I must have blinked, because I didn't see that happen in the version I watched! As for the scene where Terrance pitches his caravan on Camber Sands - well that really is stretching probability.
The synopsis also describes the film as a Thriller - I wasn't thrilled at all I'm afraid.

The Comfort Of Strangers
The Comfort Of Strangers
by Ian McEwan

2.0 out of 5 stars The Comfort of Strangers, 27 Nov. 2005
The basis of the plot is that a couple on holiday in modern-day Venice are unable to find anywhere to eat during the late evening, in the holiday season! This is so fundamentally flawed that it bugged me for the rest of the book.
Although not described in graphic terms, the sexual perversions described are pretty unsavoury and I might not have chosen to read the book if I had known this at the start. However, it probably says much about the author's skills (and me!) that I had to know how the story ended, and so read to the finish. I am unlikely to read any more of Mr McEwan's works.