Profile for Kai > Reviews

CHERUB: The Fall
CHERUB: The Fall
by Robert Muchamore

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Cut Above The Rest, 27 Feb. 2007
This review is from: CHERUB: The Fall (Paperback)
This book actually made me go through so many emotions whilst reading: Rage, Happiness, Frustration, Sadness, Shock and more I shall have to list the next time I read again.

It's so refreshing; I've not read a book that has ever these topics before. Its unique, its original, its fantastic. The Fall is well researched, has lots of character development AND action whilst being injected with humour that left me in stitches for 10 minutes at a time. It really is a rollercoaster of different thoughts and feelings. It really is not what I expected; It's so much better.

The missions discussed and the Campus events were, in my opinion, the perfect length. If I had to pick a fault, the bit with Meryl on James birthday was fantastic but the race itself dragged out a tad.

With human trafficking being a major topic at the moment in the news, it's a great coincidence for readers who read about it now and what Lauren went through. It's put in an understandable perspective that pulls more emotions as the reader-character ties are reinforced at the beginning.

If you were to start off with this book, you can't help but fall in love with at least one character and hate another because the description and effort taken in each one is detailed enough to make a decent judgement on them.

Without trying to reveal the plotline, the James' mission in Russia- Awesome. It actually showed his training come into practice, like Mr Muchamore explicitly writes about the pigeons.

This book definitely ties everything in together. Kind of like a pretty present with The Fall being the bow.

Wicked stuff. I cannot wait until CHERUB: Mad Dogs, which is the next instalment in the CHERUB Series and I love the new style and ambience Mr Muchamore creates with his books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2012 5:48 PM BST

Faithless: (Grant County series 5)
Faithless: (Grant County series 5)
by Karin Slaughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations, 22 May 2006
Originally I was not seeking this book. I read the blurb and thought, "hmm, sounds interesting, will read in my spare time"

Unfortunately...it took up more than my spare time. From the beginning I found the tale gripping and intriguing - I loved the intricate details and description.

In retrospect, I think that the character development and the level of detail put the polish on this book - its one of the rare gems where you can imagine EVERYTHING. I sincerely urge you to read this book. If you have teenage children about to begin reading adult fiction, I suggest you let them read it as well - I enjoyed it and I'm sure others my age and older will.

Definitely deserves a place among the likes of James Patterson and other well known crime fiction writers.

Creative ZEN Vision:M 30GB MP3 / Video Player - Light Blue
Creative ZEN Vision:M 30GB MP3 / Video Player - Light Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars After Much anticipation, Creative show us the goods!, 19 April 2006
Ok, im a total music fan - the ipod nano is just too small for me.

After scoping out the market for 4 months, i came to a decision - Creative Zen: Vision M. How? you may ask? Lots of research!

The thing that really made me want this instead of the ipod (of which many friends have) was 4 key things:

i) Radio

ii) Voice Recording

iii) Personalised wallpapers and themes (beats white and blue any day)

iv) It can be charged WITHOUT a PC (unlike the Ipod) and comes with the UK plug and the International 2 pin plug.

Within moments of receiving my new toy (which was promptly delivered)i was extatic - the packaging was amazing (so much so i took a picture of it to immediately show my father.) I put it on charge (half battery in 30 mins) and have copied all of my music over in 10 mins, using microsoft media player - the software provided is not even needed!

Sound Quality - Brilliant, can do with new headphones if your really picky.

Cons:

Be careful with it - it can get a few scratches, invest in a cover (though my creative seems not to like its pretty jacket, it refuses to turn on - probably because the battery is charging)

People with previous experience of Creatives may have heard the touch pad sensitive - its not, its near perfect now.

So, to conclude, 4 months of research and my answer : Creative Zen: Vision M, Creatives best piece of work yet!

Noreve Tradition Leather Case for Apple iPod Mini 4 & 6Gb - Black
Noreve Tradition Leather Case for Apple iPod Mini 4 & 6Gb - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour is wrong, otherwise fantastic, 19 April 2006
I was expecting a pink cover for my ipod nano as it shows in the picture, but i received a black one (just to let you know the picture is wrong :P)

However the cover is lovely leather and ive dropped my ipod in it 4 times - no scratches!! fantastic value for money as well!