Profile for MIDNIGHT > Reviews

Content by MIDNIGHT

MIDNIGHT "MIDNIGHT" (SUSSEX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Slaughter in the Cotswolds (Cotswold Mystery 6)
Slaughter in the Cotswolds (Cotswold Mystery 6)
by Rebecca Tope

5.0 out of 5 stars Slaughter in the Cotswolds, 30 May 2011
Rebecca Tope is fantastic. I read the first book and I just could not put it down, likewise with all the rest of them. You don't get bogged down with lots of Police jargon - this is basically a lady trying to work out what is going on as she is actually on the "Scene". You can imagine yourself in her shoes wandering around the countryside trying to figure things out. I am just sorry that I have now read all the books. I am now looking for other books by Rebecca, hopes she writes some more. Well worth the read.

The Case of the Murdered Muckraker (Daisy Dalrymple)
The Case of the Murdered Muckraker (Daisy Dalrymple)
by Carola Dunn

2.0 out of 5 stars The Case of the Murdered Muckraker (Daisy Dalrymple Mystery, 30 May 2011
This is the first time I have read any books by this author. I have to say that I was really disappointed, it is so slow and "heavy" and "empty". When you put the book down you feel you could not continue with it for a few days in which time you would have forgotten all about it.
I am a great fan of "whodun its" especially around this era, but this does not tick any boxs for me at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2017 12:58 PM GMT

I'm Watching You
I'm Watching You
by Karen Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars BLUE BLOOD/S?, 30 May 2011
This review is from: I'm Watching You (Paperback)
I am confused - I have started to read one of Karen Rose's books and it is ringing bells with me
- the TV series "Blue Bloods" is it based on her books? I am enjoying the book very fast moving and spooky - I am reading "You Can't Hide".

Stratton's War
Stratton's War
by Laura Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Stratton's War, 3 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Stratton's War (Paperback)
Laura Wilson made a good job of this book. It is set in War Time London (WW2), it is based loosely on a real person. Its about a young woman with a disasterous marriage, while her husband is abroad fighting she gets a job working for the Government in an undercover situation. Very well
written, I will be looking for more of Laura Wilson's titles. I could not put this book down, I highly recommend it.

Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders
Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders
by Judith Durant

2.0 out of 5 stars Luxury Yarn one-skein Wonders, 3 Mar. 2011
Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: I have been knitting for years and have made all sorts of things,
but unfortunately I could not get on with this book. Visually it is a lovely book, great pictures and ideas BUT the way the instructions are laid out is a nightmare. It is very difficult to follow the patterns, you have the pattern description in one place, you have the "setting up" in another place then you have the pattern set out to follow on a chart. If knitting is new to you this is not the book for you. There were several things in the book I started to make and gave up in frustration in the end. This is definately not for beginners or for people who have been knitting for years unless you are very calm!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2011 12:55 PM GMT

Curse Of The Amsterdam Diamond (PC CD)
Curse Of The Amsterdam Diamond (PC CD)
Offered by TCGUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amsterdam Diamond, 3 Mar. 2011
Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond - is entertaining and keeps you thinking, frustrating as well.
Some of the clues you have to work hard at, but that is probably just me not being used to playing these games. I am quite hooked now and will be buying more in the series or similar.

Hothouse Flower
Hothouse Flower
by Lucinda Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars Hothouse Flower, 31 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Hothouse Flower (Paperback)
HOTHOUSE FLOWER - was sooooo good I simply could not put it down, I managed to read it in two days.
I certainly hope Lucinda Riley writes more books, can't wait till the next one. She writes with feeling, you could feel the main character of the books, feelings and how she was hurting and trying to come to terms with her loss and her new found love. Well worth reading.
Amber

Food for Friends: Modern vegetarian cooking at home
Food for Friends: Modern vegetarian cooking at home
by Jane and Ramin Mostowfi with Kalil Resende

5.0 out of 5 stars FOOD FOR FRIENDS, 13 Jan. 2011
A beautiful book, lovely photographs and back ground information about the formation of the Company. I bought this book as a present for someone, I had a look through it and decided that I
would like a copy of my own. I am not a vegetarian but after looking at the receipes I would like to try some of them so I will be getting my own copy.

Rising Storm (Warrior Cats, Book 4)
Rising Storm (Warrior Cats, Book 4)
by Erin Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars WARRIOR CATS, 13 Jan. 2011
I have read nearly all the series of these books. Erin Hunter is such a good writer, she appeals to young and old. I find that my thoughts do not wander when I am reading these books the stories get my full attention. I can recommend these to anyone who loves cats.

25 Cushions to Knit: Fantastic Cushions for Every Room in Your Home (C&B Crafts)
by Debbie Abrahams

5.0 out of 5 stars 25 Cushions to Knit, 13 Jan. 2011
I love this book it will take me ages to knit all of the cushions. I liked the layout of the book and the pictures are great so you can see what your efforts should look like (hopefully).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4