Profile for pecosbill > Reviews

Home Again
Home Again
Offered by A2Z Entertains

2.0 out of 5 stars Long awaited, 12 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Home Again (Audio CD)
I have been waiting for this release for weeks, listening repeatedly to the 'youtube' clips. Then the CD arrives, I am only two tracks in to listening to it, and wouldn't you know it 'the producers' have got a hold of it and turned it into something it never was: strings, horn sections, etc....What?? I thought we had found the new Richie Havens, at least that was until the producers got a hold of his music and turned it into something it isn't!!! They did the same with Newton Faulner. (Two promising talents ruined by the people out to make pop music and a quick buck!!!) Very disappointing, I am not sure I will listen to it. Well,definitely not as often as I hoped to. The raw talent is no longer there, unrecognisable behind all the interference and vocal arrangements.... Michael,(I know this is only wishful thinking) if you read this, take your music away, do your own thing in a home studio and you'll probably do a whole lot better!!!