Profile for pathfinder > Reviews

Content by pathfinder

pathfinder

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
The Cleaner - John Milton #1 (John Milton Series)
The Cleaner - John Milton #1 (John Milton Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Born and bred in Hackney, 7 Aug. 2016
This is not my usual style of book but when I read it was set in the East End I thought I would give it a go. I really liked the book and was taken on a trip down memory lane (thank you Mark Dawson) I lived in Hackney for the first 24years of my life so knew all the roads and areas he used in the book. Although due to the fact I haven't lived there for over 40years I havent experienced exactly how it is described now in the book. No yuppies in my day but neither was there the level of gun crime that there is now, lots of slums, crime and gangs but not on the scale it is now. I would have loved to give this book five stars but I do agree with other reviews in a few areas the writing could have been better and also too many sad endings for me. On the whole though I liked this book very much and would definitely try other books by Mark Dawson in the future.

Us
Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Rarely give 5 stars, 2 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Us (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book! I have read Starter for Ten and One Day and loved those but I think I like this one the most. I literally laughed out loud in some parts and was on the proverbial emotional roller coaster for the rest of this book. So worth reading. I love his style and the ease of which I read his books.

While My Eyes Were Closed: The #1 Bestseller
While My Eyes Were Closed: The #1 Bestseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrifying, heartbreaking, sad and emotional. Im drained ., 3 May 2016
I was on the highly emotional roller coaster with this book. I had to keep reading it to try to get Ella home as quickly as possible but the twists and turns that this book took me on made me an emotional wreck. I think I read it in about four days and caused myself eye strain and a few sleepless nights. I can't say that I "enjoyed" this book as most of it was very upsetting. It was very safe and traumatic from more than one of the character's points of view. It was very well written and held me gripped right to the very end. I would only recommend this to someone with a very strong nervous disposition. I'm glad that my children are grown up although my youngest grandchild is only ten it will make me even more worried and vidulant about them. I rarely give a book five stars but in this case I had to.

The Potter's House
The Potter's House

4.0 out of 5 stars Greek island romance, 5 Mar. 2016
I quite enjoyed this book. I was hooked at the first line and chapter but it lost me a bit as the story progressed . I felt that there was an awful lot of description and padding out. I read this book for my book club and found that the ending was ambiguous.. I was certain of how I and a few others interpreted the ending but found others didn't agree.

The Story of You
The Story of You

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 6 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Story of You (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book as it is different to what I usually read. This book combines the past the present and the future and how they weave lives, emotions and bring life full circle. Life death and mental issues are covered in this book.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 6 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Saw all the hype and decided to read the book (although I know there is a film). I was hooked from the start and it kept me hooked for the first three quarters of the way but sort of tailed off for me at the end. BUT definitely worth a read.

Twelve Years A Slave
Twelve Years A Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I read the book, 6 Feb. 2016
I didn't see the film and I usually prefer the book anyway so decided to read it. We all know about what happened but it was good to read it written in such a non emotional and fact based way. I do think I learnt more by reading this. Bless them all, glad slavery is behind us but seems we still have a long way to go.

I Let You Go
I Let You Go

4.0 out of 5 stars Saw the hype ...so read the book... glad I did, 6 Feb. 2016
This review is from: I Let You Go (Kindle Edition)
This book had a lot of good publicity so I thought I would give it a go. I thoroughly enjoyed it most of the time. Well worth reading. Dare I say a cliff hanger???

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading and great for a Book Club discussion, 6 Feb. 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. A contemporary story set in Australia. The first three chapters were a bit confusing but once I had it in my brain who was who and how they were connected it all fell into place. I love a book where I cant predict the ending (cos I usually do) but I could not predict this ending. Worth reading and would be great for a Book Club/Group as would make for a good discussion. Well worth a read as it really makes you think.

A Brief History Of Time: From Big Bang To Black Holes
A Brief History Of Time: From Big Bang To Black Holes
by Stephen Hawking

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my son, 6 Feb. 2016
I bought this for my son and he was pleased with it... he has recommended that I read it lol

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12