Profile for Jay Cee > Reviews

Content by Jay Cee

Jay Cee

LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)
LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic Lego title, 12 Jun. 2015
Not gonna go deep into it, here's a link to my YouTube channel where I will go into deeper detail about the game.

YouTube/colafellah

Andoer® 60cm / 24 Inch Sliding-pad Video Track Slider Dolly Stabilizer System for Canon Nikon DSLR Camcorders
Offered by Andoer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit!!!, 3 Jun. 2015
For the price can't fault it. Great build, nice and strong. But you will need a ball head mount if you want to get a Jaws style zoom shot. Otherwise, the end of the strip will get in shot.

Smooth slide and I can use my 5d without it effecting the smoothness. And for the price, it's a must buy!

Bryan Cranston 182cm Lifesize Cardboard Cutout (Breaking Bad)
Bryan Cranston 182cm Lifesize Cardboard Cutout (Breaking Bad)
Offered by Partyrama

5.0 out of 5 stars This is making me go Cran, Cran!, 2 Jun. 2015
I like this. I hold it close to me at night, kissing it goodnight.

Sadly, there is a hole in the crotch area that gets bigger everyday. It's gotten bigger then a KFC bargain bucket. Might have to exchange it for a new one

Locke [DVD]
Locke [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars People need a lesson in film-making, 11 May 2015
This review is from: Locke [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know what film people have been watching saying it's bad, but I think this film is fantastic.

I'm not going to go into the plot due to people saying them in their own reviews so I'd be wasting my time. If this was a play on the stage people might see it in a different light, but because it's film people are expecting Michael bay filmmaking.

I think it's a film everyone should see at least once in their lifetime.

PILOT
PILOT
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearlman is brilliant, 30 Aug. 2014
in my life I don't often say this but Ron Pearlman is a very underrated actor and this pilot continues to prove he is a fantastic screen presence and actor. I feel this could be the start of something brilliant, as everything about this was spot on. The writing the acting the camerawork and the editing were all spot on. I can't wait to see more of this series.

Give it a watch
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2014 2:07 AM BST

X-Men: Days of Future Past [Blu-ray + UV Copy]
X-Men: Days of Future Past [Blu-ray + UV Copy]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Past & Future Collide graciously, 22 May 2014
First off I love the X-Men films and have often wondered since "First Class" what would it be like with the James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart Xavier on the same screen together and this film granted my wish.

Trivia

1) Including his cameo in X-Men: First Class (2011), this will be Hugh Jackman's seventh portrayal of Logan/Wolverine, raising his own record for the most times a comic book character has been played by the same actor in theatrical films. He will also be the only actor to appear in the entire X-Men film series.
2) The original 'Days of Future past' comic mentioned time travel from the year 2013, the same year in which filming began.
3) According to Bryan Singer, he could only get the film started with confidence once Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen agreed to return.
4) This is the sixth time that Patrick Stewart has appeared in an X-Men film; Stewart had made an uncredited appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), and appeared in The Wolverine (2013)'s credits scene.
5) Shooting went on under the working title "Hello Kitty." This refers to X-Men member Kitty Pryde.

Synopsis:

In the not too distant future, mankind and mutant have been killed in a war with the Sentinels, machines meant to track down mutants and kill them but in the wake also went after humans. So Logan is sent back in time to convince the younger Xavier about the fate of the future and change it around for the greater good.

My Thoughts

With this being the third Marvel film to be released this year, it seems Marvel arn't stopping anytime soon with great stories and characters. Something the DC movies need to take a note from.

In my own experience of watching this film this is what The Last Stand should have been. But without the film First Class, I don't think this would have worked as well as it has done. This is what is great with the Marvel films, after 14 years of X-Men films, they are still an amazing fun ride to partake in.

There is a lot of great cinematography in this film and great editing, one scene in particular involves Quicksilver and a great use of the "Bullet-Cam" effect. The dialogue just rolls right off the tip of your tongue and feels so fast paced it's as if they are having a real discussion in the dark times they are in.

The acting from the cast is top notch and this shows just how good Peter Dinklage is as an actor. Before Game of Thrones, he wasn't taken seriously but that shouldn't stop the fact he is great at what he does. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoys chemistry as friends turning to enemies is done so well it is like something from a Shakespearean tragedy. Jennifer Lawrence is undoubtedly good as always, using her facial expressions rather then speech to show how she is feeling.

I won't say much else as I don't want to spoil the brilliance of this film, this is on par with X2: X-Men United in terms of storytelling, acting, camera and editing.

Defo make the trip to the cinema to see this film, you will not be disappointed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2014 12:25 PM BST

The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] [2014]
The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Knight of Action Flicks, 12 April 2014
After hearing the hype of The Raid, I sat down to watch it and was blown away by realistic, breathtaking camera work, editing and action/fight choreography.

But this review is about the sequel and because the first was so successful a sequel was announced. Usually when a sequel is announced, people get worried if or not it's going to be better then the first. I sat down in the cinema to watch the film and I can sum it up in three words "The Dark Knight" and I say this because when I saw that film back in '08 it blew my mind. The character development, the settings, the dialogue, the directing and the camera and editing were all top. The same can be said about "The Raid 2: Berendal" set shortly after the events of the first Raid flick our hero is sent in undercover to take down a crime lord and the action doesn't stop for a second it's a 2hr 30min film but it doesn't seem like it when you're watching. The adrenaline is constantly pumping and the whole film is aware of this.

The acting and dialogue is brilliant, the camerawork is superb with some shots causing you to cling to the edge of your seat.

If you don't get the chance to see this film in the cinema, I highly recommend you pick it up on blu-ray the picture quality is stunning.

10/10 a fast paced thrill ride
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2014 5:51 PM BST