Profile for littleleicesterfox > Reviews

Content by littleleicesterfox

littleleicesterfox "littleleicesterfox" (Wiltshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Speedy 300 cm x 28 mm Poles Apart Fixed Eyelet Pole, Satin Silver
Speedy 300 cm x 28 mm Poles Apart Fixed Eyelet Pole, Satin Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking curtain poles., 7 Jan. 2017
Lovely curtain poles. Very sturdy metal and look very classy.
Comment Comment | Permalink

YouCopia StoreMore Adjustable Bakeware Rack, White/Taupe
YouCopia StoreMore Adjustable Bakeware Rack, White/Taupe
Offered by Panda Value

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressively sturdy!, 17 Oct. 2016
I was really concerned when I bought this that the stand was going to be flimsy and was going to be moving around and having bits falling over in my cupboard but I'm actually genuinely impressed at this.

The quality of this is really high, the base is really sturdy with good rubber feet that stops it moving around and the dividers fit in really well, the whole thing is very sturdy and exactly what I was searching for.

Thank you for an excellent product YouCopia!

Origami Paper 200 sheets Designer Pattern Gift Pack
Origami Paper 200 sheets Designer Pattern Gift Pack
Offered by Folded Square Origami

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely paper, 28 Jan. 2015
I love this origami paper, it folds beautifully and is a lovely weight.

Livescribe 3 Smartpen Pro Edition for Android & iOS Tablets and Smartphones
Livescribe 3 Smartpen Pro Edition for Android & iOS Tablets and Smartphones

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite gadget!, 6 Sept. 2014
I'm not going to say that the software is perfect, because the integration with Evernote is a bit clunky and can send things erratically (though a LOT of the is to do with the fact that I cannot always be on WiFi when I'm at school and so it syncs later and I got a bit impatient at first), however I have still given it 5 stars because it has proven perfect for my needs and I do, indeed, love it.

I have started a teacher training course and there are a lot of lectures and classroom observations to be done and I did not fancy writing all of these up separately on my little air laptop and one day I spotted this little beauty. The writing clarity is absolutely excellent and it looks like I have written on the screen! I have all my notes in one place and I can use the ocr within the software to grab areas of my text and copy them direct to work I am doing. In a recent update, Livescribe included an automatic sync to Evernote and this now syncs across from my pad to my air so I can use all the work I have done on there and tag it and file it until it submits.

It is a wonderful little gadget and unless people know what they are looking for, not obviously desirable to those with slightly stickier fingers. I got a zip up case for mine in addition, as both ends look liable to fall off in one's bag, and use the A4 ring bound books for taking notes.

Overall: Positives: It's quick, easy and intuitive to use and unlike things like Bambu it's ok to rest your hand on the paper. The looks on people's faces as they see the writing appear on your iPad lol. Battery holds charge well and you don't have to have your pad cluttering up your desk as it will sync afterwards if that's how you want it.

Down: syncing is a bit clunky, it would be nice if the feed version (i.e. the text that has been through the OCR) would be the version that syncs to Evernote rather than just the handwritten version, or you were at least given that option.

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty and engrossing, 30 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
I had this book delivered to my Kindle by 8am on Thursday morning, and by 8pm that night I had read it. I love Kate Atkinson's work and one of my all-time favourite books is 'Behind the Scenes at the Museum'; this book was a book on a par with that paragon of my literary world.

Where Kate's work excels is in how she handles death, it is a recurring theme in her books and death haunts her works. In this book, death is virtually the main character and makes probably as many appearances as Ursula herself. However, the brilliance of the work lies in that this is not a morbid book, it is filled with warmth and optimism. The characterisation is again exquisite, we barely meet Hugh early in the book but she could convey him in a serendipitous moment, how he looks at Sylvie or when he calls his office his 'Growlery'.

Her writing makes you hope and dream for the people you are reading about and genuinely curious to see what happens to them next. There are some very short chapters and the way scenes flash before you at times jar you deliberately, making you feel ill-at-ease with what is unfolding before you.

I can see that not everybody would get along with this book but to me it is like a puzzle made of delicate glass, a thing of beauty but to be considered. There is no definitive storyline to this book and it I like the way it gently coerces me into wondering what really happened to Ursula and her family.

To fully understand the book it needs to be read and I thoroughly recommend that you do as soon as possible. Thank you, Kate, for another fantastic book and I hope it garners the honours it deserves!

Indulgence Cupcakes: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats
Indulgence Cupcakes: A Fine Selection of Sweet Treats
by Murdoch Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and insiprational recipes, 6 Mar. 2012
I make cakes as my job and I love this little cupcake book. There are a great selection of unusual recipes and different taste combinations that can be used and adapted for big cakes and some of the decorating is just darn gorgeous.

It's a lovely book within itself, beautifully photographed and is a hardcover keepsake type book with a proper ribbon as a pagemarker.

I would recommend it to all bakers, it's retro without being twee.

Norton 360 (3 User Licence) (PC)
Norton 360 (3 User Licence) (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Please, do not buy this program, 29 Dec. 2007
Like others before me, I happily installed Norton 360 using the three user licence onto three of my Home PC's as the package seemed very good value.

Norton IS was a bit of a leviathan of a program, but copable and only ever interrupted me when it needed to. However, 360 is one HUGE mistake.

The initial installation did not inspire confidence when it did not remove IS2006 correctly and therefore refused to install. I contacted the online support services who helped me despite them pointing out that they didn't have to because I was in the UK and this feature was apparently not for UK users, despite us having to pay the equivalent in UKP as the americans in USD (i.e. about twice as much!). I had to download a tool which finally cleared the old program out and it finally worked.

However, because I prefer to shut down my computer and not leave it in stand by, Norton 360 did NOT like me. Because I didn't use stand by I had to manually perform all the tasks that 360 demanded of me before it would work - and what a taskmaster the program is! The user settings are over complicated and definitely user-unfriendly, leaving you to guess how to shut down all the peripheral parts of the program which don't even work.

However, if you do not perform your weekly alloted tasks then Norton simply stops working. It turns off the firewall and refuses to let you turn it on again. In my computers case it stopped the internet working completely when this happened. Fabulous.

I finally uninstalled the thing once and for all with at least 6 months of my user licence remaining (not that I could use that code again because it's not within a week of purchase!) one day when I installed something else and it conflicted and stopped me using my internet totally. How I managed to do this before I threw my computer against the wall was a masterclass in triumph of restraint.

A few weeks later, my husband has followed my example and also has uninstalled Norton 360.

This is a classic example of a company which had a good product years ago and to justify us shelling out an increasing amount every year has added more and more "features" which has turned the entire thing into a shambolic and frustrating waste of time and money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2008 8:40 PM GMT

Adesso Sempre
Adesso Sempre
Offered by pb ReCommerce GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to their best!, 18 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Adesso Sempre (Audio CD)
After a few so-so albums, this is one where the Wiggles do what they do best! There's a mixture of traditional favourites such as 'Row your Boat' with great new songs. 'Here Comes the Chicken' is a instant catchy classic but other tunes like 'The Footballer's Song (Huddle huddle huddle)' and 'Bump-a Deedle' are sparky and exciting.

Like much Wiggles stuff it has a strong american bias (the football referred to is of course American Football and my kids fid it a bit confusing that they call Daddy Long Legs a spider) but if you can ignore this the music is as well-constructed as any album they have created.

It's the last CD with Greg Page which makes it a little poignant but we're looking forward to them releasing the DVD in Regrion 2 encoding :) (hint hint)

Love Machine [CD 1]
Love Machine [CD 1]
Offered by Buks4less

4.0 out of 5 stars Staring position: I hate Girls Aloud, 24 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Love Machine [CD 1] (Audio CD)
I've never bought anything by them before and most of their stuff is truly dire but this is a stonkingly infectious single...

Like 'Don't Stop Movin' by S Club 7 another manufactured band has hit upon a great catchy chorus and a sassy set of verses with guitar riff that is an instant classic (as evidenced by it's appearance on adverts for a well-known DIY chain).

Buy it, but it lost a star because loving it makes me feel dirty lol

The Pale Horseman (The Last Kingdom Series, Book 2) (Alfred the Great 2)
The Pale Horseman (The Last Kingdom Series, Book 2) (Alfred the Great 2)
by Bernard Cornwell

5.0 out of 5 stars It just keeps getting better..., 6 Oct. 2005
I was looking forward to this book ever since the closing moments of 'The Last Kingdom' and when I received it Monday morning I sat down and started to read...
And I couldn't stop! I won't give away any of the story to people reading the review because that would spoil it but Cornwell again makes you feel you know the people he is writing about and, damn it, you begin to care about them. Uhtred is, without a doubt, a bit of a rogue but he insistently worms his way into your affections.
The atmosphere was superb - there is a thick mist hanging around saxon times but Mr. Cornwell seems to offer us a set of foglights. Yes, some bits are not strictly bound to the historical record but it is downright believeable. His chracters are not bound to some higher cause, they are just normal people who make normal mistakes and have normal emotions.
This book feels like a time machine for your imagination, taking you back onto the bloody battlefields of the time - buy it and enjoy the experience!

Page: 1 | 2