Profile for Lawlost > Reviews

Lawlost

Harlequin Dream
Harlequin Dream

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Ozzie band, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Harlequin Dream (Audio CD)
A good second album, maybe not quite on a par with the first which I would give 5 stars but definitely worth a listen

The Ghost of Grotteskew (Stitch Head)
The Ghost of Grotteskew (Stitch Head)
by Guy Bass

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for either girls or boys, 7 Sept. 2013
I have read all of the stitch head books to my girls aged 6 and 8, they love them. The books are fun and lend themselves to being read aloud.

Daewoo KOR6AOR Digital ECO Microwave, 800 Watt, 20 Litre - Black/Silver Handle
Daewoo KOR6AOR Digital ECO Microwave, 800 Watt, 20 Litre - Black/Silver Handle
Offered by ARMCO

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little microwave, 7 Sept. 2013
Had this microwave for around 6 months now and we really like it. We were looking for something compact but with a decent sized turning table and this fitted those requirements perfectly. It is powerful and has a good number of pre-sets. I like the eco mode so that it shuts off completely, turning it back on takes 1 second. Recommended.

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Offered by Pii Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars The nifty fifty, 7 Sept. 2013
Best value lens I have. Very versatile lens but is particularly good for portrait photos. It is becoming the default lens for me now.

The Hairy Bikers' Great Curries
The Hairy Bikers' Great Curries
by Si King

5.0 out of 5 stars Best curry book I own, 7 Sept. 2013
I have made a few curries out of this book now and all of them have been absolutely fantastic. The pilau rice is perfect and is easily as good as any I have had a good indian restaurants. The quick and easy thai curry tastes very authentic and the sticky pork curry has become a real favourite.

RHA MA350 Aluminium Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones - 3 year warranty
RHA MA350 Aluminium Noise Isolating In-Ear Earphones - 3 year warranty

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sound but the left earpiece went after a month., 7 Sept. 2013
These sound great and I really like them but after just over a month the left ear piece stopped working. Amazon were great and replaced them immediately. So I'll see how long the replacements last....

UPDATE, amazon replaced the faulty pair very quickly, but the replacement pair broke after a week! Again one of the ear pieces stopped working, refund this time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 12:13 PM GMT

Case Logic Compact Nylon Sling Bag with EVA Protection, Hammock and Extra Pockets for SLR Camera - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SLA camera bag, 7 Sept. 2013
I have had the bag a few months now. Originally I ordered the larger case logic bag, which was far too big for what I needed so I sent it back. This bag is ideal, I wanted a bag that I could just grab and sling over my shoulder, without being too bulky. I can fit my canon 700d into the hammock nicely with any of my lenses, 50mm, 18-55mm and 55-200mm. With a little juggling I can fit the camera, all 3 lenses, a pod, the charger and cables all in the bag.

So plus point:

1) Very easy to slide the pack from your back to your front which allow easy access to the camera, so you have the camera out in seconds. Also quick and easy to put back.
2) Very comfortable to wear even for longer period of 4 -6 hours.
3) the camera sits in a sling which protects it and makes it very easy to get to and put back.
4) I found I could change lenses really quickly, whilst wearing the bag, pulling them in and out of the main section of the bag.
5) Really versatile with plenty of pockets, particularly the small pocket on the strap which is perfect to drop a lens cap into when shooting.

Negatives: Only one, security would be better if you could lock the zips, with a little padlock. Having said that if I was in a situation where I felt the camera was vulnerable, like a very busy market I just slid the bag from my back to my front.

Rockport Men's Ridge Peak Desert Boot Caramel Lace Up K59685 10.5 UK
Rockport Men's Ridge Peak Desert Boot Caramel Lace Up K59685 10.5 UK
Offered by BRANDPOINT UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Rockport ridge peak boots, 22 April 2012
I have bought two pairs of Rockports previously, both pairs are fantastic, high quality and very durable. Unfortunately these boots fell very far short of my expectations, they looked and felt cheap. I sent them back immediately. If you are used to and expect the usual quality of Rockports steer well clear of these.

AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe
AcuLife Ear Wax Removal Syringe

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear wax removal, 22 April 2012
I bought this for my wife who was really suffering from a blocked ear, she was finding it progressively more difficult to hear out of her left ear. She had used earex for 1 week with no effect I then bought her Audiclean from boots which she used for another week, still no help. I then ordered the Acu-Life syringe. She could not believe how well it worked, it took two or three goes, but it really cleaned out her ear. She had been to the doctors some years back to have her ears syringed and found it very painful, but there was NO PAIN with the acu life syringe. She thinks that the oil and audiclean helped to soften any wax but the syringe was the product that flushed it all out. Very highly recommended.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Sunnies, 10 Sept. 2011
After about 2 weeks wear the lenses started to get small cracks around the edges the cracks then got worse until they were unwearable. Not great, but cheap!