Profile for Mespeak Youlisten > Reviews

Dvd ~ Tamsin Greig
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Dec. 2016
Top notch comedy.

Sword of God (payne and jones Series Book 3)
Sword of God (payne and jones Series Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars That's good to know, 23 Dec. 2016
I picked this book up for free. I wish I hadn't bothered. Within the first few chapters, the author assumes that his readers are completely ignorant - telling us that women have to observe restrictive laws and customs in Saudi Arabia (No, really?!) and that light emitting diode can be abbreviated to LED (Wow! That's good to know!).

I kept on for about 40 pages, expecting the writer to tell us some other amazing new revelations, such as "it was a hot day, because the Sun was in the sky, and the Sun is very warm" or "the woman ate the pork, which comes from a pig, as does bacon and ham". Then I gave up reading.

The Inbetweeners Movie [DVD]
The Inbetweeners Movie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Bird
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the TV series instead, 2 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Inbetweeners Movie [DVD] (DVD)
A massive disappointment following the brilliant sitcom. It's quite funny up until the point that they get to the hotel, then it just loses the energy and edginess of the TV series.

Pest-Stop Trip-Trap Boxed Pack (Single)
Pest-Stop Trip-Trap Boxed Pack (Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, happy mouse, 2 Jan. 2016
It took 15 minutes to catch our mouse using this trap, using chocolate buttons and a walnut as bait. The mouse was duly released onto the local field with the aforementioned chocolate. Happy customer, happy mouse.

Harbour
Harbour
by John Ajvide Lindqvist

5.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favour - buy this book. Now., 2 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Harbour (Paperback)
I found it very hard to put this book down. A modern masterpiece and even better than Let The Right One In.

Rail King Intelligent Classical Train Set Track With Lights
Rail King Intelligent Classical Train Set Track With Lights

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap junk, 29 Aug. 2015
After 3 days of use, 2 of the wheels are broken, one of the trucks won't attach to the others and one of the rails is broken. Absolute waste of money even at this price.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh, how I miss my Mac, 25 Mar. 2014
I really, really wish I could afford to buy another Apple computer. Every time I buy Windows, there seem to be more and more pointless features added on that complicate the system needlessly. I'm not an IT fanatic but neither am I a slouch when it comes to computers and I have to say that this is the most counter-intuitive OS I have ever used.

A good OS should be simple. You should be able to get in and start enjoying it within a few minutes. It shouldn't demand that the customers spend hours on end trying to work it out. Some of us do have lives away from the keyboard.

On the plus side, it is fairly fast and reliable, so I'll give it 0 stars for ease of use, 1 star for speed and 1 star for reliability.

Araldite Precision - Syringe Pack
Araldite Precision - Syringe Pack

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, terrible product, 2 Mar. 2014
The glue didn't come out of the nozzle properly and the plunger isn't strong enough, so actually getting the glue out of the tube and onto the surface was impossible.

I can't tell you how strong it is as an adhesive since I didn't get the chance to glue two things together.

I'm going to the shop tomorrow to but some proper superglue.

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 [DVD]
Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stewart Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Jun. 2011
I like a lot of Stewart Lee's work, and I thought the 1st series of Comedy Vehicle was great, especially the episode about books. I kept watching the 2nd, hoping for it to get better, but I can honestly say that I laughed 3 times over the 6 episodes.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2012 9:06 PM GMT

The Mind Map Book: Illustrated Version: Radiant Thinking - Major Evolution in Human Thought (Mind Set)
by Barry Buzan

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind maps transformed my studies, 10 Sept. 2010
I first came across the concept of mind mapping 10 years ago when I was at university. I wasn't doing particularly well, averaging a 2.2, but when I started using mind maps my marks went up to mainly 2.1s and 1st. I'm now studying again with the Open University, and I find that once again mind mapping is a fantastic way of taking note and planning my studies and assignments, as it allows me to get a very clear overview of my subject much more easily than traditional note-taking.

The only drawback to this method is that it is more time-consuming than traditional note-taking, but if you need to memorise large amounts of information, you will find that this is time invested, rather than time lost.

I don't buy all of Tony Buzan's claims about mind mapping, and I find that the writing style can get a little bit grating at times, which is why I am giving this book 4 stars rather than 5. If you are already self-confident, you might find Buzan's style slightly annoying too, but I can understand that he wrote this book with a wide audience in mind, and other people might need constant encouragement.

All in all, an extremely useful book, and one that should find its way onto any student's shelf.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3