Profile for Toni Harness > Reviews

Content by Toni Harness

Toni Harness "Raven Reader" (Coventry, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Night Star: 5
Night Star: 5
by Alyson Noel

5.0 out of 5 stars Continually excellent, 6 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Night Star: 5 (Paperback)
Alyson Noel continues to out do herself in the fantastic 'Immortals' series as Ever's journey continues in Night Star. The book picks up where the last one left, with Roman's death, and if anyone thought this would be the end of the excitement then they would be dramatically wrong!! The book continues developing Ever and Damon's storyline while continually including the fantastic characters Noel has created. I enjoyed it from the first to the last page and as with all previous books in this series it left me searching for when the next installment was out! A must for any fan of Meyer/Marr/Clare.

Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS)
Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Mar. 2011
I have played the pokemon games for over 10 years now and have to commend Nintendo for managing to keep it fresh each time. I didn't think they would be able to beat Heartgold/Soul Silver but they continue to up the ante! The names of some of the new pokemon are slightly ridiculous in places however the graphics manage to overcome this. The game starts the same, making it accessible for anyone new to Pokemon games, but continues down a new path making it exciting for anyone still addicted to these fantastic games. I've been playing for over 17 hours now and haven't found myself bored at all yet. I would recommend to anyone who likes a good game to get their teeth into and frankly challenge any child or adult not to find this game a fine purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2011 6:51 PM BST

My Love Lies Bleeding (The Drake Chronicles)
My Love Lies Bleeding (The Drake Chronicles)
by Alyxandra Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing beginning, 31 Oct. 2010
With Solange soon to become a vampire, and dreading craving blood more than anything along with having to deal with other vampires craving her life becomes even more dangerous for the Drake family.

The book is the first in the Drake Chronicles, and it is a fantastic way to spark off interest in a new saga of vampire books. Whilst Solange is the main focus in a way, so are her brother Nicholas and her best friend, a human, Lucy.

Harvey is an amazing author with the power to draw you in to all of the characters. I didn't expect to enjoy this book half as much as I did, but I couldn't put it down and went straight on to the next in the series. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves the dark genre and enjoys Meyer/Black/Noel/Smith. I only hope this book gets the praise it deserves.

4: Dark Angel (Night World)
4: Dark Angel (Night World)
by L J Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Oct. 2010
I think its unfortunate that the Night World books can sometimes get forgotten about as they were written before the most recent vampire and dark era books. The night world deserves its place by the best written books of dark fantasy and romance as the individual stories are all brilliant, and the characters all believable and well written. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone of them and would recommend them to anyone who enjoys Meyer, Black, Clare, Noel or any other author who can write about fantasy in such a way that it opens it to people who have never thought about this genre of book.

ArchEnemy (Looking Glass Wars (Hardcover))
ArchEnemy (Looking Glass Wars (Hardcover))
by Frank Beddor

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Oct. 2010
Beddor's way of turning a traditional tale into a new fantasy epic is brilliant. This ending to the Looking Glass war trilogy is every bit as fantastic as the first two and drew the tale to an end that suited the tale and did every character within it justice. There are parts which make you laugh, and parts where you feel so many emotions for the characters. Beddor's style of writing is amazing and I hope this book one days reaches the levels it deserves. There is no way this book should be limited to being labelled as a children's book, anyone who has ever read Alice in Wonderland should enjoy this book no matter their age.

Do Not Read Any Further: Finch's Top Secrets on Boys, Rabbits, Warrior Princesses, School, Guinea Pigs, Friends, Enemies, Worry Bugs, Cringeworld, ... Etc.: Pt. 2 (Finch's Secret Diaries)
by Pat Moon

3.0 out of 5 stars Comedy, 22 Oct. 2010
For any girls between the ages of 9-13 this book is hilarious and offers advice on bizarre situations. My neice thought it was a fantastic and was constantly laughing out loud, as I did when I read it years ago. Its a great book for people who like light subjects with a message underneath.

Betty Boop 2010 Calendar (Square Calendar)
Betty Boop 2010 Calendar (Square Calendar)
by Global
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 22 Oct. 2010
For any lovers of Betty Boop this is a great gift and was full of fun pictures for each month. The friend who I bought it for thought it was excellent.

Social Research
Social Research
by Sotirios Sarantakos

3.0 out of 5 stars Good chapters, 22 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Social Research (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by a lecturer, however I hardly used it for my research module and only found a few chapters actually any use to me throughout my social work degree. I found it was written in a way that made it hard for me to gather any information from it. I would not recommend this book highly as I believe there are better ones available on the subject.

Liverpool FC Bath Time Duck
Liverpool FC Bath Time Duck

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 22 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Liverpool FC Bath Time Duck
my dad is an avid collector of anything with LFC on it, and this was a fun piece to add to that collection. Fun for child supporters of the team and great for adult fans. Great treat or stocking filler.

The Dark Divine
The Dark Divine
by Bree Despain

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 22 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Dark Divine (Paperback)
The Dark Divine started off as a great book, and throughout the tale I was kept captivated to find out who was doing what and exactly what the issues were, however I found the ending really disapointing. Its worth reading as up until the last few chapters I found it excellent, but I felt as though the author thought they had to finish it within a certain number of pages and therefore a ending worth the rest of the book was forgotten. The story itself and the characters are brilliant and I would read anything else from Bree Despain, but would hope her conclusions have improved.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3