Profile for Mr. P. Tanner > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Tanner

Mr. P. Tanner "paultanner2"
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Bullguard Internet Security Version 8: 1 Pack (Jewel Case) (PC)
Bullguard Internet Security Version 8: 1 Pack (Jewel Case) (PC)
Offered by PNA247

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Security Package, 30 July 2008
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK before I start I need to let you know I am not an advanced user so I will not be talking about false positives or anything similar.

Right! The first thing I noticed when I opened the "Super Jewel Box" is the quality of the manual which was made of nice, thick paper and feels nice quality. The contents are simple and explain functions and options well.

The product is very easy and quick to install - you will need to register the product but this is as simple as typing in your e-mail address. You are given a password and a hyperlink which explains how to change the password if you so wish.

Once installed the product has all the usual internet security products - Anti Virus, Antspyware, Firewall and Spam Filter. The basic setup is a simple as installing the software. Install and you are protected.

The Virus check is thourough and found no problems (I had check with another product befre uninstalling it and installing Bullguard and found nothing).

The firewall is again standard fayre, it will ask about connections as they try to access the internet or your computer and has the option to remember your choice or send the offending program to bullguard for analysis. You can also manually configure the connections which is as simple as clicking a + button and finding the program that you want to allow or deny a connection for, this is changeable at any time.

The SPAM filter has some option which need to be configured but as it scans your system and tells you which programs you have that it can protect this becomes as simple as pressing options. You then select where you want the SPAM to go. Works very well.

Every aspect of this software has options for the experienced or inexperienced user. All are easy to change and it comes with the option to back up your files to an online drive or a system drive. It provides you with live protection wich, again, is fully configurable.

Being a gamer the draw on system resources is important to me and I am more than happy with this product - it sits in the background quietly and efficiently doing its job. What makes this better than other products? To be honest I just found the quality and simplicity of the package pleasing. I have used Live One Care and Norton Internet Security and they were prominent on my system, always asking me for permission or warning me this needs attention. Bullguard just does its job with the minimum of fuss. I would highly recommend this because it has options to suit all needs.

Just to add - I have been running this on a Vista 64 bit machine for 4 days now and I am having no problems and everything works ver well indeed.

Dog House Music
Dog House Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank Heavens for Jules, 23 May 2008
This review is from: Dog House Music (Audio CD)
I am another who saw the performance on Jools' show and yet another who was amazed. I am new to the Blues so forgive me if I can't liken it to anything else. As I listened to this I could imagine myself sat on some wooden porch on the edge of a swamp listening to some real homestrung blues. Very raw but very real and all with three strings. Amazing stuff. If you enjoy the blues this is highly recommended - all from such an unimposing figure - he really looks like he just turns up with his geetar, beat box and nothing else.

FIFA 08 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 08 (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pro Evo beater?, 20 Nov. 2007
This review is from: FIFA 08 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Before I begin I have to say that I have never been one to stay loyal to the brand - so wether it be FIFA or Pro Evo I bought the one which played best, which was usually Pro Evo. That is until this year.

I bought FIFA about a week after it came out and can honestly say that it is the best FIFA for years and the first one I bought since I got hold of the PC FIFA 2005 (not that good).

Graphically - Well it's fifa, it has the official liscence of almost the whole world so you get official kits and badges, which all look fine and have a realistic flow, as do the player animations. THe players look like who they are supposed to look like, that is the more famous players (as usual) the less famous ones could be anyone - but this isn't new to any football game.

Sound - Commentary is good, once agin though you do get the odd change in tone as a commentator excitedly shouts "goal for" then in a normal tone says the name of the team. Crowd sounds are good and you now have recognisable songs for your team - that are actually in tune!

Playability - Plays really well. Tricks and skills can be used in the match and the more acomplished player can really do some dazzling stuff. I don't really play 360 online - thats what my PC is for - so I won't comment on that.

The only dissapointment I find is that while the stadia are beautifully presented I would like to see a version where English grounds for every club are there - difficult I know, but just my opinion.

I prefer this over Pro Evo for the first time in a while, my son prefers Pro Evo - to be honest there isn't much between them this year.

Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Stealth is the name of the game and I wanna play the game with you., 20 Nov. 2007
OK - So I actually read the IGN review of this game before buying it and I'm glad I bought it despite that. Lets look at the main issue here and that is repetativeness. OK so it can be a little repetative, but look at any of the mission based games GTA, Scarface, Zelda I could go on, infact most games are repetative, very few offer a range of wildly differing tasks, infact most time the difference is location. If you enjoy splinter cell or metal gear I'm sure you will enjoy this.

The graphics are amazing, the Cities are beautiful and the countryside is stunning. The sounds are all superb and reflect what is happening around you, but remember you aren't going to get a classic 80's soundtrack here, not in 1191AD.

I would say if you are unsure go rent it, if you like buy it, but I am not regretting it one bit. One final point the "tutorial" stage early on is a little boring, play your first full assassination before making your mind up.

I love this game.

Antony And The Johnsons
Antony And The Johnsons

5.0 out of 5 stars What a start., 25 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Antony And The Johnsons (Audio CD)
You may find some of the analogies in the lyrics a little odd at first, but persevere. A stunning start to what should be a stunning career follows. Antony's voice is something to behold.
With songs like "The Cripple and the Starfish" and "Hitler in my Heart" Antony really opens up his personal torment in a way that is completely compelling.
As with their second album "I am a Bird Now" Antony steals what is, on the whole, a pretty impressive show. His voice and their style are something different and special. I can only recommend that you get hold of this, it is an amazing album. And, afterall, who are we to argue with Lou Reed? Stunning.

I Am A Bird Now
I Am A Bird Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Purely Stunning., 2 Aug. 2005
This review is from: I Am A Bird Now (Audio CD)
How do you even begin to describe this album? It's a bit Parlour room, jazz-ish, smooth. Yet none of these seem to quite fully describe the magic that is "I Am a Bird Now". Antony's voice is something I have never quite heard the likes of before. Some special guests i.e. Boy George and Lou Reed amongst them add to the album, however the real star is Antony. Don't get me wrong though, the music and its arrangement simply adds to the most unique album in years. This is soooo good. Get your hands on this album anyway you can. It has me hooked - and no album has ever, ever done this to me before.

Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction
Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction
by Sue Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back Dear Friend., 5 Jan. 2005
Adrian is back! But I don't mean back as in back, but I mean "BACK". If you read and loved the early Mole stories as I did then buy this. Sue Townsend carries the narrative brilliantly through the dailly scribings of Adrian. All the old favourites are there and Sue has managed to rediscover that certain something that makes the happless Adrian so loveable. I laughed out loud again and again and again. I don't need to tell you the story, but simply let you know that this is pure Adrian Mole. Please Sue, MORE, MORE, MORE.

Football Manager 2005 (Mac/PC CD)
Football Manager 2005 (Mac/PC CD)
Offered by BOOKS-DVDS-TOYS-TECH

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same - Only Better., 5 Oct. 2004
I have just had the pleasure of playing the beta demo of this and............It's fantastic!. Revamped interface - confusing at first but soon second nature. No long waiting time for "processing". More realistic match highlights. Looks fantastic. No sound on this version. But overall it looks and plays like a dream - I can't wait for the full version!

The Safety Of Objects [DVD] [2003]
The Safety Of Objects [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Glenn Close
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Surreally real., 21 Mar. 2004
This movie is incredibly real and yet surreal at the same time. The humour is akin to that in American Beauty with the story being about real hopes and dreams and how people deal with them either being lost or just not happening.
We get a glimpse into the functinality of disfunctional middle America, and what a trip it is. There is an underlying sadness about this film that is so real it is frightening, we follow several families through trial and tribulation and it is terrific.
Every performance is first rate and everything is plausable due to the surreal aspects, including the talking doll-girlfriend which would ordinarilly be ludicrous.
The soundtrack is excellent and very enjoyable, some well known songs nicely mixed with some less well know, but appropriate, tracks.
If you don't like dark, morose humour then steer clear this is not a light comedy, but, if you you like dark real issues then I would snap this up at once.

Six Feet Under : Complete HBO Season 1 [DVD]
Six Feet Under : Complete HBO Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Ball
Offered by Fulfillment Next Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Far from death's door., 11 Mar. 2004
One of the most origional TV shows for many years. If you liked the humour in American Beauty then you WILL love this.
The series begins with a tragedy for the main family and then goes on to show how they adapt to him not being around - or being around in a different way.
All the characters are excellent and bring thier own set of problems to the story. Each episode while presenting a new set of dilemas is part of the ongoing healing process for the family and story for the viewer. Sometimes sweet and sometime very bitter, but always thoroughly entertaining, Six Feet Under is compulsive viewing.
All the issues are here, but dealt with in a way that really does make you laugh and cry with the characters. Six Feet Under? Buy it - It's fantastic!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6