Profile for Mr. P. Tanner > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Tanner

Mr. P. Tanner "paultanner2"
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
That Mitchell & Webb Sound: The Complete Fourth Series
That Mitchell & Webb Sound: The Complete Fourth Series
by David Mitchell
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars I.....er....he....we......caesar thinks this is great., 28 Nov. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From the off this series continues to show that Mitchell and Webb are as sharp as ever. Sharply observed, Python Esqeue in parts yet utterly modern. The comedic tangents are there aplenty, the sketch takes you from one starting point and quickly takes you into an alternative ending. You quickly move from one sketch to the next and they do not get boring or, more importantly, unfunny. They must be written by Peacocks with thier classy poop!

The "adverts" are brilliant - the "iThink" is an advert you could have really heard. The supporting cast, as per the TV shows, are all spot on. If you love Mitchell and Webb you'll love this - three hours of two of the best modern comics. What's not to like?

Suffer the Children (DI Staffe)
Suffer the Children (DI Staffe)
by Adam Creed

1.0 out of 5 stars Bland, 23 July 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is little to say about this book.

The story, the plot nor the characters made me feel engaged in this book at all. I am a slow reader as it is but felt that this was just a wasted of my time. Read the summary on the back - this is better than what lies between the covers.

The Life You Can Save: Acting Now to End World Poverty
The Life You Can Save: Acting Now to End World Poverty
by Peter Singer

3.0 out of 5 stars If only I was ten years younger!!!!, 28 April 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This would have been a great book for me at Uni, and while the content are as relevant to how I live my life today as they were then I feel that there is nothing more here than something that will make me think a little then carry on with my life. Whilst at uni I would probably have pointed this book at book at people and told them they had to read it "it will change your life".

As the author realises, if the subjet matter is your thing then you should read this, if you are starting on a social policy course read it - otherwise it won't offer much.

Adobe InDesign CS4 & CS3 Core Video Training (Mac/PC DVD)
Adobe InDesign CS4 & CS3 Core Video Training (Mac/PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Logical, 28 April 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is set out into "chapters", each covering a specific training module of the software. The sound and pictures are clear, if un-inspirational. You won't go far wrong with this software as a learning aid, but don't expect flash dynamic education. If you wish to learn how to use InDesign then you can do a lot worse than this.

Live It Out
Live It Out
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Heard it all before., 28 April 2009
This review is from: Live It Out (Audio CD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love my music and always love to hear new talent. While I have to say there is nothing wrong with this, there is obvious talent here, it offers nothing new to the Soul scene.

If you are a fan I would say buy it, if not then only buy it if you are looking for more of the same.

Norton 360 v3.0, 3 User Licence (PC DVD)
Norton 360 v3.0, 3 User Licence (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Total all round protection., 28 April 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Norton Products before and have had mixed experiences of their products.

I have to say I am seriously impressed with this product. It installs quickly, isn't a resource hog and does really give you all round protection straight out of the box.

I am an avid online gamer and have found no problems with this, it works without having to adjust settings, although there is some configuration needed to utilise the automatic back up.

The scans occur quietly in the background and again don't hog your system resources. The interface is simple and looks good but under the hood the more experienced user has plenty play with.

Updates are very, very regular but again don't drain anything away from what you are doing.

I am seriously impressed. So many features that you can let do their thing or tweak - if you a looking for a good security solution I can't recomment this highly enough.

We're British, Innit: An Irreverent A to Z of All Things British
We're British, Innit: An Irreverent A to Z of All Things British
by Iain Aitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Never a truer word spoken in jest., 13 Feb. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very lighthearted. Very observant. Politically incorrect and absolutely spot on. If you want to get a snap shot of what britain and its people are really like tehn give this book a go. It celebrates and sends up every stereotype ans "mis"conception there is about these sceptered isles. Seriously - a must read for all those wanting to live here and the rest of us too.

DrawPlus X2 Graphics Studio (PC)
DrawPlus X2 Graphics Studio (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pens to the ready., 13 Feb. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are looking for a photo enhancement program then look elswhere, this is not teh software for you.

If you are looking for a package that allows you as much freedom as an art box an easl and a whole load of art supplies then this might be the thing for you.

It has layers and lines and brushes and swatches that give you such a wide range of configurable options that it is limited only by your own imagination.

The different brush effects are all superb and as realistic as you are going to get in a digital format. I would definately recommend a pen and tablet although the mouse is very responsive you will not get that true flow unless you use the pen.

If you are an artist of budding artist then give this a whirl. It is as simple or as complicated as you need or want it to be.

Serif Desktop Publishing Suite 2009
Serif Desktop Publishing Suite 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as any other, 19 Dec. 2008
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For the novice user this software is as fully featured as other manufacturers products.

This has all the wizards and options you need to start producing your own quality products.

There are also a plethora of more complex tools which I'm sure would satisfy the most experienced user. Within minutes you could be producing calenders, cards, newsletters and so much more.

The layout of the screen will be instantaneously familiar to anyone who has used any other DTP software, the icons are all representative of what they do.

I could give a long and more featured review, but to put it simply - if you want a quality DTP program at a fraction of the price of many competitiors then I would happily recommend this. You will not be disapointed.

Movies on iPod 2 (PC)
Movies on iPod 2 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, Poor performance, 22 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Movies on iPod 2 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am one of those who likes to watch my DVD collection on my ipod. I thought that this was a legitimate way to convert my DVD collection to do just that. How wrong I was. Not only does this software perform poorly but it will not convert ANY encrypted movie! So, once again, I'm treated like a common criminal when all I want to do is watch my movie on my ipod.

Very poor.