Profile for Gill, mother of Olly > Reviews

Content by Gill, mother o...

Gill, mother of Olly

Kids Childrens Boys Girls Mens iBallisticSquid iballistic Squid YouTube T-Shirt Gift (Black)
Offered by Stardust
Price: £14.99 - £16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars iBallisticSquid t-shirt, 28 Aug. 2014
Bought age 5-6 for my son who is 5 in December and average size for his age, fits him now with some growing room. He is a massive Stampy and Squid fan, and absolutely loved it. Pleased that it is good quality and great colours given the steep price. Have now ordered the Stampy t-shirt and Squid pyjamas for his birthday and christmas presents.

Brolly Sheets Single Mattress Protector Blue
Brolly Sheets Single Mattress Protector Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Brolly sheets, 9 April 2014
Absolutely brilliant, wish I had known about these earlier. After months and months of having to wash endless sheets, mattress protectors and still end up sponging down the mattress at 3am whilst my child snoozes in my bed, finally a product that can have him back in his own bed within minutes. Surprised another reviewer mentions it didn't absorb his son's accident, given that it contained the considerable amount my son produced very easily. My 4 year old loves it, no complaints about noises and uncomfortableness like we have had from other cheaper products. Bought two for ease of drying them given other reviews say this is time consuming. Excellent and can't recommend enough.

Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby
by Dr Caroline Fertleman

4.0 out of 5 stars baby book, 17 Feb. 2010
I like this book and don't share other reviewers' complaints about repeated information as the book is not meant to be read in one go, rather you dip into it as your baby progresses in age (maybe I am just too knackered and therefore have to be told something several times before it sinks in!).
It doesn't cover everything you need to know but is useful to see what to expect in terms of sleeping, feeding, crying and development each week - something as a brand new parent I am clueless about. So best for knowing things like when to expect growth spurts (and increased feeding and crying) but probably useless book for parents who have already raised a child.

The Rough Guide to Babies
The Rough Guide to Babies
by Miranda Levy

4.0 out of 5 stars baby book, 17 Feb. 2010
Good informative book, plus is an entertaining read. Not all sections have been relevant (special family section for example) so have skipped some but wish I had read the information about birth and what to expect in hospital before I had my son. Best to buy when you are still expecting to be most relevant to you and your little one.

Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)
Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars nappy bin, 17 Feb. 2010
Bought the angelcare nappy bin after reading reviews online and my husband was sceptical about buying essentially a glorified bucket just for nappies. However, it is a fantastic product and we now both view it as an essential item for our newborn son. Nappies are disposed of quickly, without mess or smells. The system is very easy and quick to change. The cartridges last a long time - just make sure you squish the nappies up in the roll before you cut off the plastic to maximise usage - we are now on the 4th refill since he was born and our son is 2 months old. Perfect product and would recommend it to any new parent.