Profile for handymelon > Reviews

Content by handymelon

handymelon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
One Touch Bicycle Bike Handlebar Bell Ping Ring Lever Cycle Push Bike (Gold)
One Touch Bicycle Bike Handlebar Bell Ping Ring Lever Cycle Push Bike (Gold)
Offered by onlineon1

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivery a bit slow but worth the wait, 14 Jun. 2015
Nice little product, would recommend.
Very "pingable" even by quite a small child and not too loud, so the inevitable testing-out not too much of a trial!
Fixes on easily.
Not massively durable but should last with no problems if sensibly used.
For the price, a very nice product.

Set of 2 Flower Petal Blue/Pink Iron on Sew on Fully Embroidered Patch
Set of 2 Flower Petal Blue/Pink Iron on Sew on Fully Embroidered Patch
Offered by PatchWOW

5.0 out of 5 stars Two beautiful little patches which arrived carefully packaged and with full, 14 Jun. 2015
Two beautiful little patches which arrived carefully packaged and with full, clear and detailed instructions.

I followed the instructions exactly and both patches have worked brilliantly - the pink one onto the skirt of a little dress, the blue one has been turned into a hair-clip for my daughter.

Very pleased - highly recommended!

DISNEY PRINCESS KIDS GIRLS SCHOOL LUNCH SANDWICH STORAGE BOX PINK + STICKERS NEW
Offered by scificollectorshop

3.0 out of 5 stars A pretty, distinctive lunch-boxand the stickers were nice, 24 Jan. 2015
A pretty, distinctive lunch-boxand the stickers were nice.
The weak point is the catch, which is very flimsy and, inevitably, broke.
It cannot be repaired, so i would recommend this for an older child (7 upwards) who can take care of it properly.
Unfortunately that would make the capacity a bit small...

The search for the perfect lunchbox goes on...

Doctor Who Zipclip Led Torch
Doctor Who Zipclip Led Torch
Offered by Oyoo-fr

3.0 out of 5 stars nice clear light, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Doctor Who Zipclip Led Torch (Toy)
Rather smaller than I expected!
Works well, though, nice clear light.
Good quality, too.

Opus: Student Book 1
Opus: Student Book 1
by Peter Roadknight

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Opus: Student Book 1 (Paperback)
Slightly in need of revision in terms of modern music, but that's always a problem with textbooks.
Clear, well-written, lots of good istening tests and activities - a very useful KS3 coursebook.

20 x Stretchy Smiley Men Party Bags Fillers
20 x Stretchy Smiley Men Party Bags Fillers
Offered by MyParty Party Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, cheap, 12 Aug. 2014
Cute, fun, cheap!

Psyc Mako Bluetooth Speaker
Psyc Mako Bluetooth Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet brilliant!, 12 Aug. 2014
Set the speaker up this morning, have been using it all day and I am delighted!

Good, clear sound, long battery life and a useful stand. I have my tablet connected through the mini-jack provided and it works perfectly.

Charged it using the USB mains adaptor that came with my phone but imagine it would work by connecting it trough the laptop. Also suspect, though not tried, that the jack would mean I can use this speaker to amplify my laptop.

Simple yet brilliant, and got it for under fifteen quid.

Would highly recommend at the price.

Jumping Clay - Air Dry Modelling Clay - 8 Colour Clay Set
Jumping Clay - Air Dry Modelling Clay - 8 Colour Clay Set
Offered by Jumping Clay Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is brilliant!, 23 July 2014
This is a superb product!
We bought it to make a cake-topper for my Dad's 70th birthday so that we could make a lookalike one, and I am delighted with the clay and how easy it is to use.

It is soft, pliable and blendable so you can make any colour. Our pack came with eight reasonable-sized pots and a colour-blending chart plus some ideas for things to make and basic shapes. There are also various tutorials online if required.

It does not stick to hands or work surfaces and smells of jasmine!

It is warm weather as I type and I have found that the clay stays mouldable for upwards of an hour. I did keep the bits for the figure in a plastic bag for protection as we were working. As long as you fasten the lids on the pots as you go it will be fine.

A little of it goes a reasonably long way if you just want to make little brooches, fridge-magnets and the like. Creating the body for our figure used most of the pot of white; if you want to blend the colours a lot it would be worth buying a big packet of white as that is the base colour and you add the others to it. Blending is really easy, you just squish it together till it stops being swirly! You can cut it using a ruler and a reasonable kitchen knife, though proper tools would be better, and my daughter's Play Doh cutters work on it too.

It sticks to itself more easily than Fimo; I found that once you touch two bits together they stay stuck unless you are very quick and careful. For this reason I would recommend that younger children should only use the colours singly as otherwise you will quickly end up with a big mess of swirly brown and this stuff is a bit expensive for that!

My daughter is six and a half and she has been able to make a flower and a caterpillar on a leaf with just a little bit of guidance and help from me with the details. She helped me to blend the clay and make the parts for the model person we made; she made one of the arms and one of the legs herself by copying me, and she make the "hair worms" using one of her Play Doh cutters.

We found that in warm summer weather little models dry in just a few hours. The figure, who is about six inches high, is taking longer but will only take about 24 hours to be fully dry I think. It may take longer in cool/damp weather unless you pop it somewhere warm (not hot!).

Once dry the models are very light and still smell nice! Because of the scent I am going to put the cake-topper on a little plinth so we don't get jasmine-scented icing, but it is non-toxic. I have not tried snapping a dry bit but I suspect it will be fairly brittle and the models are deffo not toys. The colours stay lovely and true, though, and the effect is great.

In summary - this is not a cheap product and I would not let an under-five play with it unsupervised. It's for proper modelling, really, not a Play-Doh substitute. However - as a safe, pretty, fuss-free alternative to Fimo it is perfect, and older children (and adults) will really enjoy working with it.

Corner Tool Rack - Tool Storage For Your Shed or House - Product ID: 564
Corner Tool Rack - Tool Storage For Your Shed or House - Product ID: 564

5.0 out of 5 stars A good piece of kit, 26 July 2013
A solid, well-priced item which has transformed our horrible messy shed.
Stays upright even when full and does the job nicely.

My First Album
My First Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute without being irritating!, 26 July 2013
This review is from: My First Album (Audio CD)
Our daughter loved this CD from first listen. It has loads of nursery rhymes, plus some well-known TV themes, and is suitable cheery and sweet. Luckily, the songs on the CD are well arranged and quite singable, so won't drive you mad on repeated listens.

The DVD is a good idea, especially id it's a "no playing outside" day. It is separated into sections which last between ten and twenty minutes each so your little one won't get bored, and has some of the songs grouped by different categories (Learning, Activity, Fun), plus four fairy-tales read aloud. You can play the whole thing through or just put on one section.

Most of the songs, and the fairy tales, have simple graphics to accompany them and are subtitled so older children can read as they listen. The action songs have a live-action video with them, where a group of tots and playgroup leaders dance to the songs in a soft-play. This means your child can dance along, though i always get shouted through for Ring A Ring Of Roses! There are subtitles for this section, too.

Our daughter was two when we first bought this - she's now five and still sometimes watches/listens to it - so i'd call that value for money!

It's a nice way for your child to learn lots of traditional nursery rhymes and songs, too - the usual ones are here, but also some less well-known ones, and because they are arranged well they are good to sing along to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3