Profile for notimetoulouse > Reviews

Content by notimetoulouse
Top Reviewer Ranking: 584

notimetoulouse "I might be old, but at least I got to see all the good bands!" (Sheffield UK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Pelikan 4001 Bottled Ink - Blue/Black 62.5ml
Pelikan 4001 Bottled Ink - Blue/Black 62.5ml
Offered by Sign Materials Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Subtle Blue Black Ink, 7 Nov. 2013
I have never been a fan of Blue Black inks, but a positive review on the Fountain Pen Network forum pointed me towards this ink and I'm so glad it did!
It is a very fast drying ink with lovely shading through all my fine and medium nibbed pens. I have a Montblanc Meisterstuck that cost upwards of £300 and a Chinese copy that cost less than £4 and this ink completely levels them as writing implements.
It provides 'glide' across any page I put in front of it, be it 120gsm bond or a cheap yellow legal pad,and I wholeheartedly recommend this ink to any FountainPenner looking for a classy business ink. Without doubt a great find...and at this price (a third of the price of Montblancs own inks), I think it is an absolute steal. No clogging, no nib crud, just a really classy writing experience.
Pens used: Mont Blanc 146 F nib, a Jinhao 159 m nib, Dauer Feder f nib. Papers tested" Leuchtturm 1917 A5 notebook in cream, 100gsm Viking Direct Copy paper and a 60 gsm Tesco project book.
Pelikan Blue Black performed flawlessly on all papers except the uber cheap Tesco offering, which feathered slightly and showed bleedthrough to the next page (but my Mont Blanc is a notoriously wet writer, so don't hold me to that).

The Marine Diet: The Low Carb & Low Calorie Diet for Rapid Weight Loss Book
The Marine Diet: The Low Carb & Low Calorie Diet for Rapid Weight Loss Book

1.0 out of 5 stars An absolute ripoff of a free product, 7 Nov. 2013
I agree totally with reviewer D Schmidt. This is a total ripoff of something that is widely available on the web at no cost (just gurgle search the term).
I'm a Kindle author, writing under a pen name (as I think this 'author' is doing), however, where we differ is I research and write real 300+ page books for Kindle whereas there is a movement afoot, brought about by the Internet Marketing community, to use Kindle as a get rich quick scheme. There are hundreds of 'Kindle Millionaire' type courses that recommend finding free stuff on the web, and quickly repackaging it as 'fresh meat' and uploading it to the Kindle platform.
This diet has been widely available for years now on the web as a free download. It's one A4 side of text - this appears to have been blown up to a monster 28 pages (in arial 25 point type to fill the page?) and would have been a ripoff at 77p.
At this price it is a diabolical affront.
Amazon needs to clamp down on this sort of thing quickly, or the Kindle will be awash with pap like this.
Disgraceful. Stay well away, and search the web for the same thing for nothing.
I hope this review stopped you from wasting your money.
I'll get my coat.

SAMSUNG CH@T 335 HORIZONTAL HOLSTER CASE / COVER / SHELL / SKIN - BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too bulky...., 7 Nov. 2013
I bought this for my wife to protect her new 335 last year, and found that although it protected the phone perfectly, it was too bulky to use except in a briefcase. It proved to big and took up too much space in a hand bag.

Rohrer & Klingner *since 1892* Fountain Pen Ink - Verdigrease - 50ml
Rohrer & Klingner *since 1892* Fountain Pen Ink - Verdigrease - 50ml
Offered by Seitz Kreuznach e. K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take the plunge and try a Rohrer and Klingner ink - you won't regret it!!, 7 Nov. 2013
You will see from my other reviews that I am an avid user of fountain pens and gorgeous inks, and this ink is no exception to that rule.
Firstly, to clear something up (seller pse note) it's R&K Verdigris (not grease), and as such it is a very subtle blue black, (through a fine nib) and a gorgeous greeny blue black with shading that makes you smile through a medium or broad nib. I love this ink and can sit all evening using it for note taking or general correspondence. Classy enough to use for business writing, R&K inks are famous for their ease of flushing out of pens once they need a refill.
I have a Platinum clear demonstrator pen that was stained awfully by a well known English ink that took ages to clean out with water and ammonia - whereas a change after a month with an R&K ink needed only two flushes with warm water to clean it perfectly.
If you are looking for an uberclassy blue black that errs on the side of green, please consider this ink, and if you love pens and ink and paper and you are looking for a lovely BB ink that will flow with ease, and look lovely on the page, this is one ink that you need on your ink shelf.
I currently use this ink in a TWSBI 580 clear demonstrator (buy one!!) and it is never out of my pen rotation. As with other R&K inks, it is freeflowing, has minimum feathering and hardly any bleedthrough except on the cheapest of papers.
It has performed flawlessly on any paper above 80gsm.
It's a gorgeous ink, buy it with confidence.

Edit 17/6/15.
I have to come back to tidy this review up a bit, as I've found that the more pens I put this ink through, the more it is, in fact, a lovely deep green with blue undertones - the extra fine nib I was using when I originally put up this review showed it to be extremely dark, nearly blue black. I've since used this ink in a Platinum 3776 medium nib, an Aurora Archiviste, and three Delta pens, (all fine nibs) and the ink through these pens is an intense green blue that looks stunning on the page. So nice to look at it now is one of my four favourite inks. Buy it with confidence, it really is a classy, graceful ink on the page, and although I don't sketch, I have a friend that does, and she raves about it's shading and vibrancy.
The ink arrived from Germany within three days of ordering and the seller is willing to combine shipping if you order other colours in the same order.
Hope this helps.

Pelikan 4001 Bottled Ink - Brilliant Black 62.5ml
Pelikan 4001 Bottled Ink - Brilliant Black 62.5ml
Offered by Europens

4.0 out of 5 stars As it says on the bottle - a 'bright' black ink., 7 Nov. 2013
Firstly, this review comes from the desk of Mr Blue Black and Mr Lovely Green - I only use black ink when business necessitates, but suffice to say that my staple black is this BB by Pelikan.
The bottle is iconic, the sloping shoulders of a Pelikan ink bottle are instantly recognisable to a fountain penner - the cap has the ornate Pelikan logo atop, and the bottle itself (from this seller) is a generous 62.5 ml - a very large bottle. (If you are looking for this ink at a cheaper price, please look at the bottle size in the Amazon description - Pelikan offer the same ink in 30ml bottles that are only a pound or so cheaper - I've made that mistake personally).
The ink itself, although styled 'brilliant black' is in fact on the dark grey side of pitch black, and seems to change shading and colour with the nib size used. Through a fine nib, it seems pure black, but through my one broad nib, the shading is lovely and the very classy grey black is noticeable. Shame my handwriting doesn't lend itself to broad or italic nibs.
Free flowing, this ink lubricates all my pens perfectly and never leads to hard starts, even when the pen has been out of rotation for nearly a month.
Currently this ink is in a fine nib Mont Blanc 146, and it performs flawlessly. i have used it on a Nu 100gsm notebook, Viking Direct 100 gsm copy paper, a Leuchtturm 1917 cream notebook (again 100gsm) and as the test of tests, a Tesco school notebook apparently made of what looks like recycled kleenex tissues.
Pelikan BBlack performs faultlessly on all but the Tesco, which has a little feathering and very slight bleedthrough on the back of the page (but then again the Mont Blanc is a wet writer).
All in all, a very good, all round business black, in a large iconic bottle that will last you for ages.
Order with confidence.
I hope this helped.

VISCONTI Ink Cartridge - Sepia (Tube of 7)
VISCONTI Ink Cartridge - Sepia (Tube of 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the bottled ink, 7 Nov. 2013
Firstly, I found that after buying this ink I was not a brown ink type of guy, probably because I remain particularly underwhelmed by the colour and shading of this ink.
After five years now using fountain pens on a daily basis, my own personal view is that I would rather fill my pen from a bottle than use a cartridge. Not only is the cartridge restricted in its capacity, but no matter what colour or type of ink I use in cartridge form, they nearly always seem to be less vivid than their bottled counterparts.
On the page this sepia ink looks bland and lifeless to me, but then, you might love it, I know now that I just don't like brown ink as a writing medium, and no matter what pen I use, I always have flow and start issues with cartridges, leading me to pinch the cartridge to get the ink to flow, thereby using a largish proportion of the ink reservoir.
I have Visconti Blue, Visconti Purple, Visconti Bergundy, and Visconti Blue Black and all of them shade gorgeously and perform flawlessly on any paper (especially the Blue Black) - but all of them are in bottled form,
I've given it three stars because I don't want to 'do down' the ink purely because I've tried it and don't like the colour. In a nutshell, Visconti ink in bottles - vivid and engaging, Visconti in cartridges - shade differently and give poor capacity.
Papers used: Viking Direct 100gsm copy paper white, Pukka Vellum Notepad Cream 90gsm a Nu 120gsm notebook and Tesco 60gsm copy paper.
Pen used was a Dikawen 902 fine nib that gave no feathering or bleedthrough.
Sorry I couldn't give it more stars. I hope this helped you in your purchase choice.

Atlantis Rising 99 - May/June 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazine)
Atlantis Rising 99 - May/June 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazine)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracking read, 7 Nov. 2013
With articles by Julie Loar (the bible and astrology), Patrick Marsolek (Theosophy's mahatmas and their letters), Michael Tymn (The Confucius/Manhattan encounter), John Chambers and the Ark of the Covenant and finally Mark Andrews take on King Arthur and the comet all make, as usual, compelling reading.
Always worth buying for the commute into work.

Rohrer & Klingner *since 1892* Fountain Pen Ink - Old Golden Green - 50ml
Rohrer & Klingner *since 1892* Fountain Pen Ink - Old Golden Green - 50ml
Offered by Seitz Kreuznach e. K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ink that surpasses it's reputation., 7 Nov. 2013
If you look at some of my other reviews, you will see that I'm a fountain pen and ink afficionado, and I am lately to the Rohrer and Klingner table. I have Daimine, Visconti, Lindauer, Private Reserve, Mont Blanc, Pelikan, Roberson, Sailor, Lamy, Waterman and Sailor inks, and I have to say that this one ink is in my top five.
It's a lovely medium cut grass green that shows lovely shading through a medium nib ( and no loss of colour through a fine one), R&K inks have a quality all of their own - I find them the easiest to clean from a pen of all the inks I have, they flush out perfectly. I have no feathering or bleed issues with any of the R&K inks I own, and Alt Goldgrun (old golden green) is no exception.
I apologise to all you broad nib users out there, but I can't comment on how it looks through a B nib - I don't have one as B's don't suit my handwriting at all.
If you are a fan of green inks, you will love this, and if you are looking for something different, this needs to be in your ink drawer, it performs flawlessly.
A class act. Not for business, but for journals, notebooks, cards and letters it marks you out as a lover of good pens, good paper and good ink.
The supplier never fails to have my order with me within four days of buying, even from Germany. It will always arrive safely packed.
This is a beautiful ink that will be appreciated by anyone who loves pen and paper.
I have this inked in a Chinese Zhong Zhue fine nibbed accountants pen initially, and it is performing faultlessly. It helps the pen start straight out of the cap even after four or five days out of rotation. I have a Waterman Kultur Clear Demonstrator on order and can't wait to see this ink through a Waterman nib.
Paper used? Viking Direct 100 gsm copy paper, Nu 120 gsm notebook, Pukka Pad Vellum 90 gsm Cream and as a real test, a Tesco 60 gsm ringbound notepad made from what looks like old recycled shirts. On the heavier papers it is flawless, but on the cheaper paper there is sign of feathering and bleedthrough to the other side of the page.
Don't let this put you off though - this is a gorgeous ink, and would make a great surprise gift to anyone who loves fountain pens.
I hope this helped.

Atlantis Rising 102 - November/December 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazine)
Atlantis Rising 102 - November/December 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazine)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for every issue, 7 Nov. 2013
If you love the unexplained, you will love Atlantis Rising, it's been around for years now and never disappoints. This issue has issues on Lake Vostok (very relevant with the latest drillings there), the apparent ancient antiquity of Easter Island - which poses some tricky questions for current archeological theories there, an expose of the USAF disinformation plan re the Roswell crash, a description of the apparent zodiac contained in the areas surrounding Glastonbury, and last but not least, Steven Sora's brief essay on the welsh connection with the discovery of the New World.
Always worth buying.
Hope this helped.

Atlantis Rising 101 - September/October 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazing)
Atlantis Rising 101 - September/October 2013 (Atlantis Rising Magazing)

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a good read!, 7 Nov. 2013
This issue has Martin Ruggles discussing the Neanderthal development issue, a new contributor, Rita Louise brings into focus the apparent connections between our mythology and the possibility of an extraterrestrial intervention, Robert Bauval contributes his knowledge of ancient Egypt and the Imhotep enigma, plus Steven Sora, Patrick Marsolek and the usual in depth reviews of high strangeness videos. Well worth a look.
Hope this helped!