Profile for Mrs. L. J. Wanstall > Reviews

Content by Mrs. L. J. Wan...

Mrs. L. J. Wanstall "loopylou4266" (Great Britain)

The Young Mary, Queen of Scots (Plaidy's Children's Series No. 1)
The Young Mary, Queen of Scots (Plaidy's Children's Series No. 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Mar. 2016
Brilliant.

The Young Elizabeth (Plaidy's Children's Series No. 2)
The Young Elizabeth (Plaidy's Children's Series No. 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Mar. 2016
Wonderful

Murder in the Tower  (Stuart saga / Jean Plaidy)
Murder in the Tower (Stuart saga / Jean Plaidy)
by Jean Plaidy

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the book many many years ago and loved it. Just as good then as it is ..., 7 Mar. 2016
Read the book many many years ago and loved it. Just as good then as it is now. Many thanks..

Rose without a Thorn (Queens of England Series)
Rose without a Thorn (Queens of England Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Mar. 2016
Prompt delivery will recommend to others.

The Phoenix: The Morland Dynasty, Book 35
The Phoenix: The Morland Dynasty, Book 35
by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Dec. 2014
Another fantastic Morland series book.

Henry VIII [DVD] [2003]
Henry VIII [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone

5.0 out of 5 stars HenryV111 and his Six Wives (Ray Winstone), 19 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Henry VIII [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Fantastic Film.. Ray Winstone catches Henry's charather brilliantly..
I love the scenes between him and Anne Boleyn, Helena Bonham Carter seem to make Anne come alive again. Also the scenes between Anne and Catherine of Aragon.. I should imagine that in real Life Catherine of Aragon would have cheerfully strangled Anne without grace or gravy if she hadn't got other things on her mind..
One of the scenes, where Anne and Henry dance together (well sort of) after they've just got married is a particulary beautiful moment in the film as you can see the love between them, and the music that goes with that scene is driving me nuts, it's just so beautiful. Does anyone actually know who wrote it? and if it's possible to get hold of it?
There is also another scene that is sort of disturbing, when he finds out that Katherine Howard has been playing away from home so to speak. Marches into her room to kill her, I think that did actually happen in real life but of course he was stopped by his bodyguard or something.
Anyway I loved it and it deserves more than the 5 stars I've given it here so I guess I could say 5.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000etc etc forever..

The Dancing Years: The Morland Dynasty, Book 33
The Dancing Years: The Morland Dynasty, Book 33
by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dancing years (Cynthia Harrod Eagles) Morland Dynasty, 31 Oct. 2011
Like a previous comment I stumbled on this fantastic series quite by chance. The Librarian in our local Library, recommended to give them a go. Again like the pervious comment I too started with The Black Pearl, from the moment I read the first few pages I was completely hooked. I look forward to every single book and devour them with relish. I laugh and cry with the charaters. Cynthia has a way of making each reader of her books as if they are an unseen charater within each book.
This is a rare talent and only a few writers I know have that talent. The brilliant and much loved Children Author Enid Blyton was one (St Clare's and Malory Towers I never get tired of reading them).
Keep it up Cynthia we need our Morland family.