Profile for ecsjcoop > Reviews

Content by ecsjcoop

ecsjcoop

Sony Mobile Large Spare/Replacement Wrist Strap for Sony SmartBand Talk - Red/Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars These are great if you have a SmartBand SWR30 already, 19 Jun. 2015
These are great if you have a SmartBand SWR30 already. I do, but find its 1-day battery life annoyingly short.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't download the new app they recommend, but stick with the original Cabasse app on ..., 19 Jun. 2015
I've got an old amp without a Bluetooth connection, so this brings it right up to date with both Bluetooth / Wifi / and NFC One-touch connection.

Don't download the new app they recommend, but stick with the original Cabasse app on Google Play. It works a treat for controlling your Hi-Fi from an Android Tablet or Phone on the couch. You can even listen to radio stations from all around the world!

Not having an off-switch is the only weird thing I've found, but the instructions assure you that it is lower power consumption.

Very pleased with this overall.

Lost Lanes: 36 Glorious Bike Rides in Southern England (London and the South-East)

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit waffly and not practical to use, 25 May 2014
I don't want to sound all down on this book, so I will start by saying it contains some good ideas for rides.

Having said that, there is a lot of unnecessary dialogue from the author, which are just his opinions. The directions for rides are intricate in places, so you need to be paying attention to follow them. This makes it a bit hard work.

You can get a device you can load GPX data into - this may be the best bet. But how many of us are that far into technology when going for a simple bike ride.

I am sure there are better books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2014 11:06 PM BST

NORCO Sacoche guidon grise
NORCO Sacoche guidon grise

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but compromised, 16 Mar. 2013
This review is from: NORCO Sacoche guidon grise
A well made little bag, but only the size of a small handbag. I was expecting something slightly larger, soplease make a note of how small it is.

Added to that, the big plastic bracket on the back takes up a significant amount of interior space. It's also mounted too high up, so there is a danger of the bag touching the front wheel on Dahons. Better to use it with the Dahon luggage truss than the Klickfix truss.

Mudguard Stays Set of 4 V Stays with Mounting Kit
Mudguard Stays Set of 4 V Stays with Mounting Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars No instructions included, 9 Mar. 2013
Ok so these are SKS mudguard stays and high quality, but there are no instructions on fitting.
After doing some internet research I found out how they fit. You need a special bracket for the mudguard (not included). I ended up making one myself.
Only buy this if you know it's what you need,

Cateye Reflex HL-560 Front Bike Light
Cateye Reflex HL-560 Front Bike Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely gets you seen - like a disco on a bike!, 29 Dec. 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect with this product, but have been so impressed I bought the matching red one for the rear!

The 5 LED's give a dazzling all-round light show that no car driver could miss! For riding in the city the constant beam is sufficient to improve visibility when complimented by streetlights. But if you were in the country, you may also want a light that throws a beam for riding in the pitch black.

5 flashing modes offer one to suit everyone. 2 x AA batteries seem to last for ages. And since it includes a reflector, you can replace the standard reflector for a less cluttered handlebar.

Because this is a cateye, there are various inexepensive mounting solutions. If the standard one doesn't suit you, simply go online or into Evans cycles to find a range of clips and mounts for a few pounds each. I use mine both with the bike mount, and with a belt clip which I attach to a front mounted bag.

Overall, an excellent product!

Lorraine Connection
Lorraine Connection

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow starter, then too quick to finish, 13 May 2012
I started reading this book because I was given it, and I agonised over whether it was worth the £4 on Kindle. Probably not is the answer in my opinion. It was just a lot more convenient to read on Kindle, otherwise I wouldn't have done.

If you like intellectually written French political thrillers, then this may well be for you. I found this a bit impenetrable to get started with - too many characters and too many unfamiliar situations in extravagant detail. Once I got the middle I had to re-cap to make sure I understood everything correctly. THen I was really into the book - the second half went very quickly!

Ultimately though, it ended all too quickly. It's like the ideas for the storyline ran outtowards the end, and so to the glorious detail from other sections. It left me feeling a little diappointed, but has broadened my horizons a little.

Mad Catz Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360)
Mad Catz Wireless Network Adaptor (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad Catz Wireless adaptor for PS3 / XBOX 360, 15 Sept. 2011
I configured this using the PC - quite easy - then connected it to my PS3. It worked!!

Using this I can get BBC iPlayer streamed to the PS3 in HD. I can also download and watch movies from PS Store on demand. It's a great product, and much smaller than you might think from the photo.

You can even use it for Wireless Ethernet on a PC. Recommended!