Profile for Sue > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 594

Sue (C.I.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 13 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 13 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))
by Richard Wentk

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually attractive and Easy to Understand, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This almost 400 page book takes you right from the beginning when you load Elements onto the computer, describing and showing the tools used.. You will learn layers, importing raw images, how to enhance and rate photos, create a photobook, restoring old photos, using the organiser and so much more.
Each chapter is colour coded with a page showing what is covered. Each page gives your instructions step by step with the use of coloured bullet points which are replicated in the diagram shown. The book shows you how to use quick mode, guided mode and expert mode.
This is a visually pleasing book which is very well set out using colour to highlight different areas of learning. It is a book that makes learning pleasurable by the use of colour and simple instructions which everyone can understand.
This is a great start to anyone starting to learn Photoshop Elements 13 and will give you a good grounding to go onto advanced work. Highly recommended.

Early Rider Spherovelo Red
Early Rider Spherovelo Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, although our baby is 14 months and nowhere near ready to lose the stabilisers!, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband was surprised at the relatively small size of the box after I had described it as a sort of "balance bike", but it absolutely is small but perfectly formed. It's gorgeous bright red and shiny, with a retro look to it.
On his first go my son would push with his legs but alternating his legs - and because he was in a sort of half sitting half standing position, he would end up sliding off the back as he wasn't sitting on the dip. However with my husband's help he soon got the hang of it and surprised us by actually being able to steer it (usually he will keep going until he hits something, and even then he often tries to keep going whether it be the cat or a piece of furniture in the way!).
He looks very serious when riding it although I think its more concentration than anything as he certainly isn't showing much keenness to get off.
There's a little pair of stabilisers underneath (very subtle and unobtrusive) which you can remove when your child gets their confidence up.
The instructions say suitable from 12 months whereas the amazon website suggests it might be suitable from 7 months - in my experience I'd say 7 months would be far too young and / or small for the average baby to use this as there is no safety harness or any way of keeping the baby from sliding off.
The back is quite low so its not very easy for Mum or Dad to push the child along (certainly not as easy as on a trike) but its so gorgeous and quirky, I can put up with a bit of bending!

Only® 0.98 x 0.98 ft (30 x 30 cm) Microfiber Cleaning Cloths - 4 Colorful Cloths, for Cleaning Glasses, Spectacles, Camera Lenses, iPad, Tablets, Phones, iPhone, Android Phones,Silverware, LCD Screens and other Delicate Surfaces (4 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really soft, like a very delicate chamois!, 13 Mar. 2015
Being a family of spectacle wearers and having a few cameras, I was pleased to find this and was sent a sample for my opinion.
These are lovely and soft (I like the fact that you get different colours in the one pack, handy in case you are using them for different items).

What the Ladybird Heard
What the Ladybird Heard
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars And the duck said "Moo"!, 12 Mar. 2015
This was given to our son for his Christening aged 4.5 months and we've only recently got this out in the last couple of months as he preferred noisy books before now.
He will actually now, aged 14 months, go to his books and slide the others onto the floor to get to this one that is underneath to bring it over to me (subtle as a brick). He loves the rhyming (although I suspect he is confused as to what a hog is, given that we refer to the animal as a pig in all other ways) and the story telling, and I for one like doing the noises. I've read it that many times I could probably recite it from memory, but my little boy adores looking at the pictures and will happily point out the sheep or the hen etc if I ask him.
Definitely our favourite book!

Science in Sport REGO 500g Chocolate REGO Rapid Recovery
Science in Sport REGO 500g Chocolate REGO Rapid Recovery

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner, 12 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband uses something very similar from a well known High Street supplements shop which at about £35 for 22 servings, is about double the price of this (£8 for 10 servings)
He's quite impressed with this one - it mixes well (the package advises to mix with water rather than milk for faster absorption) and actually tastes quite nice which I did not expect!
It recommends to consume this within 30 minutes of exercising for maximum effect.
One little niggle is the scoop - its huge in comparison with the size of the pot (needing to use 5 or 6 smaller scoops would be better) and the long handle was buried downwards in the powder meaning we had to forage to get it out.
Would order this for sure!

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleansing 252 Wipes Family Pack
Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleansing 252 Wipes Family Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars We go through a lot of these, 11 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like any family with young children and / or pets we go through a LOT of these!
They are easy to get out of the packet (similar approach to baby wipes) and are a decent thickness and moist too.
The only thing I would say is that if you have any cuts or open sores on your hands wear rubber gloves because it will sting!!

At the time of writing they are priced at £10 for 3 x 72; whereas my local B&Q have them for about £4 for the same brand and same quantity.

This review is of the product not of Amazon's pricing which I am aware can fluctuate. .

Johnson's Baby Wipes 12 x Pack of 56 Wipes (672 Wipes)
Johnson's Baby Wipes 12 x Pack of 56 Wipes (672 Wipes)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargains to be had, 6 Mar. 2015
I got these when they were ridiculously cheap (about £6-odd for the 12 packs) as like any family with young children we go through a LOT of wipes!
These are good and smell nice (I have used half a packet to clean the inside of my car!) but they do seem a little on the thin side and actually stretch when you pull them out of the packet so a wipe that might have been 8" by 5" in the packet suddenly becomes 12" x 3" - long and thin doesn't really work well for cleaning dirty bottoms, although its not a problem when we're using them at mealtimes for a mucky face.
We still use Huggies Pure for the soiled nappies as they are thicker and more moist.

Prince Lionheart Corner Guards (Grey)
Prince Lionheart Corner Guards (Grey)

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective if you can get them to stick, 6 Mar. 2015
These are really good, nice and soft so baby doesn't knock himself on the corner of our coffee table. I have however deducted a star for the stickiness as two of the corners came off within minutes of being attached and lost their stickiness straight away. I remedied this by using some double sided tape I had already which must be a lot stronger as the baby hasn't actually been able to pull the corners off since (I may come to regret this when I can't get them off in the long run though!)

I just wish they did them in a range of colours, not just grey and chocolate, as our table is beech and the grey looks a bit dull.

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ear Headphones - Black
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ear Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with these, 6 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love these! I generally use the in-ear earphones that come with whatever I'm using (usually my ipod Nano) and have also had a pair of fancy wireless headphones which have sadly died a death.

I have quite a small head (usually headphones, even on the smallest setting, tend to be a touch on the large side for me) but I found these really comfortable. They're really comfortable on your ears with a nice soft casing. They're not overly light but with such a nice comfortable fit they don't actually feel too heavy on your head.

The headphones can fold down which would be handy for travelling although to be honest if I am travelling I take the smallest version of absolutely everything so I wouldn't really use this function. In fact for me it would almost be better if they didn't fold as they'd feel a little more sturdier - but its a good feature for most people nonetheless.

The lead is quite long but then I'd rather it was too long than too short so I can't complain about that!

The sound is good, and clear, and especially good with a bit of Bon Jovi or other soft rock :)

Culinare 20 Hour Digital Timer
Culinare 20 Hour Digital Timer
Offered by EasihomeCookshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good but instructions need amending, 1 Mar. 2015
Easy to set once you read the instructions, and the beeper is very loud! The instructions say you can set the timer for "19 minutes and 59 seconds" which I thought was a bit rubbish (who needs a timer for that short a time!), but then discovered that it actually works for up to 19 hours and 59 minutes (it doesn't count in seconds at all)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20