Profile for Sue > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 846

Sue (C.I.)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Hallmark Forever Friends Anniversary Card For Husband 'The More I Love You' - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Not special, but "OK", 8 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my husband and actually decided against using this one; although it is lovely it's not very "wordy" - I'm not a particularly expressive person but will spend ages finding the "right" card that expresses my feelings.
Not a card for newlyweds or for a special anniversary.

Mr Men (Vintage Beeb)
Mr Men (Vintage Beeb)
by Roger Hargreaves
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely retro feel, but can't replace the books or screen, 8 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Mr Men (Vintage Beeb) (Audio CD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have this, a 6 track CD with just audio (and special sound effects!) for Mr Funny, Mr Dizzy, Mr Bump, Mr Fussy, Mr Topsy-Turvy, and Mr Small.
It is narrated by Arthur Lowe and has that very retro BBC clear English accent.

In places the fact that it is just the audio track from the original series is a clear disadvantage, as some of the jokes are clearly visual gags and therefore don't relay well over audio. It's a shame there is no book accompanying the CD, its definitely not suitable for our toddler to listen to but for me it does have that quaint charm.

Philips GC9630/20 Perfect Care Elite Steam Generator Iron with Optimal Temperature and 420 g Steam Boost - Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars A new improved version for sure!, 8 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We already have a Philips steam generator iron which I thought was fantastic, sadly the steam function stopped working. I thought this would be basically the same albeit with a lighter iron. It actually has a few improvements - the sort of thing you may not think of yourself but once you have them, you realise how much you missed them!

The auto fabric sensor is still there - and that is fantastic. What it also has is a removable water tank, a clip to hold the iron to the generator unit, and a boost button is on the base unit.

The Quick Start instructions are perfect and it is very easy to descale.

Garnier Body Summer Body Deep Gradual Tan Moisturiser 250ml
Garnier Body Summer Body Deep Gradual Tan Moisturiser 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars No "biscuity" smell but do treat it like a self-tan lotion, 8 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are lots of different "everyday self tanner" lotions which don't give an instant tan like self-tan but build up a colour each time you apply.
It has a pleasant smell and goes on easily.

Although not a typical self tanner, you should generally follow the same guidelines - exfoliate first, moisturise (especially elbows and knees), and be careful to wash the palms of your hands afterwards.

I can be prone to acne so have not used this on my face in case it blocks up the pores, but there doesn't seem to be any reason why you shouldn't.

The colour is subtle but it is there - I didn't really notice much difference so I started rubbing it in a little patch on my stomach for comparison, and actually after 3 applications it was noticeable (but thankfully not orange!)

I would buy this in the future.

Snug Pet Feeding Mat for Dog and Cat In Premium Food Grade Silicone - Large 19" x 12" (Grey)
Offered by iHeadphones ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 4 Sept. 2015
We've had a few mats from the pet shop but they tend to be a sort of laminated mat which, when wet (quite often in our house with a toddler who likes to play with the water bowl!) tends to peel.
This is absolutely perfect - waterproof, but stops the bowl sliding around due to the tiny little bumps on it. It has a sl;light lip around the edge meaning that (small) water spillages don't go onto the floor.
I received this item in exchange for an honest unbiased review.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent length, 4 Sept. 2015
We've had one dummy clip break on us and another is filthy, so I needed to get some more.

These are a little on the girly side (one pink, one black with pink dots and pink ribbon, and one blue with pink accents) but I have coloured the ribbon on the black clip, black, and between that and the blue one we probably do have enough.

The clip end is very strong and the ribbon end is very easy to loop through the dummy ring.

I was offered these in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Shipwreck Rails
Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Shipwreck Rails
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- (100% POSITIVE RATED; 12,000+ FEEDBACKS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice - but takes up a lot of space, and child could get bored easily., 3 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband assembled this and his first thought was its a bit boring - he actually thought you had to push the Thomas around the track and then just send it into the spiral on the downward slope. In actual fact the train takes 2 x AAA batteries and takes itself around the track.. over... and over.... and over.... and over again!

It does say suitable for 3-6 years and I do think most children would get bored of this very quickly, which is a shame as I love the idea!

LEGO DUPLO Town 10577: Big Royal Castle
LEGO DUPLO Town 10577: Big Royal Castle
Offered by Toybroker-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice castle, 3 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our toddler is big on building now, and also loves animals. If I am honest, the horse was what swayed me to order this.
The pieces all come grouped in separate bags.
The figures can be standing, or seated on the horse.
Unfortunately there is only one horse which I think is a shame (no jousting!) but you can order separate packs including another horse which we will probably do.
Makes a nice change for something designed for boys in mind with a castle not involving princesses etc!

skinChemists Under Eye Definer 2.5 ml
skinChemists Under Eye Definer 2.5 ml
Offered by Feel Like Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good - but also overpriced, 3 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used a variety of these under eye concealers, from Primark to No. 7 to YSL Touche Eclat. My favourite is Estee Lauder, and I was intrigued to know what an extra £20 would get me. Apparently not much! The packaging is basic (but that's fine, although for a high end product like this I expected something a bit fancy) and the casing feels a bit cheap. As with all these types of products you have to click a LOT to get anything out through the brush.
The results: so I did one eye with this and the comparison with the "naked" eye was noticeable - although I'd say lighter rather than brighter if I am honest.
Would I use it again, possibly, but not at £45.

Alphabet Placemat and Fruits & Vegetables Placemat
Alphabet Placemat and Fruits & Vegetables Placemat
Offered by Highmont

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, practical, and educational too, 1 Sept. 2015
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality - I was expecting not much more than a laminated print but they're not at all (meaning you can wash the entire mat without risk of water seeping in through the edges)
Our son loves the ABC mat and happily points out different items when we ask him. The only (very small) gripe is Unicorn being included - I mean its not even a real thing - and certainly doesn't appear in any of our son's books! What's wrong with Umbrella :)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30