Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Here)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Montgomery's Trouble in the Underworld (The Omnifex Chronicles Book 1)
Montgomery's Trouble in the Underworld (The Omnifex Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 28 April 2014
I'm always a bit wary when I find self-published ebooks on Amazon. Let's be honest, there is an awful lot of bad writing that has made its way into the marketplace. Happily, this isn't the case here. The book is well written and is a really enjoyable read. If you liked the power of five series by Anthony Horowitz, or the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan, then you'll love this.

A Bride from the Bush
A Bride from the Bush

1.0 out of 5 stars wow., 25 Mar. 2014
I have so many better things to do with my time. I got this on a whim because I enjoyed the Amateur Cracksman at a fairly superficial level, I have since discovered that it's basically a deeply snobbish story about a girl from Australia who tries to fit in with the English gentry, fails and goes back to Australia because she couldn't. I skimmed the second two thirds in the hope that it would improve. It didn't.

Create Your Own Conspiracy Theory
Create Your Own Conspiracy Theory

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit wide of the mark., 25 Mar. 2014
It's certainly an entertaining premise, but I suspect that those who can think critically will find it a bit too basic, and those who can't will miss the point altogether.

Successful Non-Fiction Writing: A Guide to Getting Published
Successful Non-Fiction Writing: A Guide to Getting Published
by Nicholas Corder

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps it's my fault, but..., 25 Mar. 2014
I thought that this was pretty basic to be honest. Most of the content is either common business sense, or freely available on the internet. It might be helpful if you are a total beginner, or you don't know how to write an email to present yourself in a businesslike way, but otherwise, I'd give it a miss.

5M MALE TO MALE SVGA/VGA MONITOR PC TO TFT LEAD CABLE
5M MALE TO MALE SVGA/VGA MONITOR PC TO TFT LEAD CABLE
Offered by rhinocables

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy from Memory Capital, 25 Mar. 2014
The cables that come from them are truly awful. I bought 2, they both had terrible ghosting issues and the computer failed to detect the correct settings on both monitors. While the other sellers might be OK, these ones most definitely are not. Avoid

Canada: Immigrating To Canada - The Ultimate Guide and Solution for Immigration Into Canada - Canada (Emigration and Immigration Law, Canadian Immigration, ... Immigration test, Law Practice Reference)

1.0 out of 5 stars Incomprehensible., 9 Feb. 2014
I am sorry to say that this book is basically worthless. I was hoping for some useful guidance and information, what I actually got was terrible, terrible English that really didn't give me any information I couldn't have got on the internet. I don't know if Mr Vengertsev wrote this himself or whether he has been the victim of a very poor translator, but either way, I suggest you at least read the sample before buying.

Rock Your Plot: A Simple System for Plotting Your Novel (Rock Your Writing Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, logical explanation of why you need clear logic...., 9 Feb. 2014
In the same way that just about everyone who has ever self published has found themselves wondering if they could write a book on self publishing, I suspect that most writers have toyed with the idea of writing a "how to" book to help make ends meet. Sad to say, most of them are really neither use or ornament. This on the other hand, is a a really nice concise summary of a really broad range of other book on writing. Really useful.

Only complaint is that it's a bit chick lit heavy in the examples, I guess that it's what the author knows, and In all fairness, she has tried to reference other material (like Lord of the Rings)- but I still found it a bit irritating... Otherwise, very much worth the princely £1.90 I paid, It is certainly a much more valuable tool than other more expensive books I could mention.

Twin Vertical Adjustable Monitor Desk Standing, Bolt Though or Screw Down Bracket in Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid as a rock, 2 Sept. 2013
I'm thoroughly impressed. I bought this product specifically because it allows you to bolt it to the desk for extra security, but it really isn't needed. It's as steady as a rock and so well engineered that I expect that it'll probably outlast western civilization... Only one slight issue - my Packard Bell monitor didn't come with the correct screws for mounting (only very short ones to blank off the holes) and the screws included with the stand weren't quite long enough to do the job. Quickly corrected with some cheap M4 20mm machine screws from Wickes (for the princely sum of about £1.20). I haven't given the stand 4 stars, because this is really PB's fault.

Thoroughly recommended.

Merlin Swim MP3 (Swim for HOURS to your own MP3s and WMA music. Stores over 4000 tracks on the 8GB Storage built-in) (4GB, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Nov. 2012
There are two main things you need to know before buying this product. First, using it involves shoving something deep into a hole that isn't designed to receive visitors. Second, it doesn't play nicely with iTunes.

Neither of these needs to be a problem.

Windows treats the player as a standard "bulk storage device" (memory stick) so you can just drag and drop files from iTunes into your desktop - which exports them as mp3 - and then copy them across. The files will play in the reverse order you add them (most recent first), which could conceivably be a bit of a pain if you want to change the order between swimming sessions, but as I usually listen to longish podcasts doesn't bother me much. There is no shuffle function, which could be an irritation if you want inspiring music (eye of the tiger...) but it would work very well if you wanted to listen to audiobooks for example.

You need to make sure that the ear buds are tight. I started using the medium set, and found that they kept leaking. I switched them up for the large set (supplied with the unit) and I've had no problems. You also need to make sure that they go as deep into your ear as possible. It feels weird. There's no getting round it, in order to make a waterproof seal you need to get them right into your ear canal. If this idea freaks you out, then they are probably not for you. It's easy to feel when they are seated correctly because there is a noticeable vacuum (your ears feel like they want to pop, like on a plane), you'll also notice a clear drop in volume of all the outside noise. Great - away you go.

When you're in the pool, don't take them out. If you get any water between your ear and the bud, it breaks the seal and makes it really hard to re-establish it, and if you do manage it, you'll be plagued by squelchy sounds as the earbud moves around. I suspect that this is a problem for all waterproof mp3 players, which are after all trying to do something quite technically difficult.

I'm very happy with my set, thoroughly recommended!

Small Business Accounting: Teach Yourself
Small Business Accounting: Teach Yourself
by Andy Lymer

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Clarity, 3 July 2012
This book is not going to turn you into an expert accountant. It won't tell you about how to use a spreadsheet, and you are unlikely to gain any significant understanding about the workings of the UK tax system.

What it does do, is provide a clear and simple mechanism for keeping track of your business accounts. The format in the book, which I'm sure is pretty rudimentary by most accountants' standards, is clear and simple. It shows you what information you need to keep and where to keep it, and what the key principles are for why you need it as well. If you keep all the paperwork as recommended in the book, you should at least not have an accountant pulling their hair out at the year end...

In my (beginner's) opinion it's well worth the money. I'd also recommend having a look at the example spreadsheets provided at [...] They follow the same principle and should give you a good idea of how the this system can be converted into a electronic version.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6