Profile for CS Ang > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Sims 4   - Vampires EditionDLC [PC Code - Origin]
The Sims 4 - Vampires EditionDLC [PC Code - Origin]

4.0 out of 5 stars could be darker!, 24 Feb. 2017
This is no doubt the best implementation of vampires in the Sims series. It is much more in depth, and it contains a lot more gameplay, compared to Alien or Ghost currently in the Sims 4. Players can train the vampire up to Grand Master , and choose different supernatural powers . What is really cool about the vamp power is that you also need to choose weaknesses to counterbalance the power. Please can we have more "negative" consequences in the game. The whole game in The Sims 4 is currently too artificially happy, and we desperately need some "dark" sides of the game please.

Final Fantasy XV: Day One Edition (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV: Day One Edition (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars What you see (on youtube) is what you get!, 29 Nov. 2016
I havd played several final fantasy games before. My favourite one is FF6 and the last one I completed is FF8. So it has been a while.

When I watched the trailer several months ago, I fell in love with it instantly! I have not been following the 10 years development progress. I just fell in love with the characters, the modern battel system moving away from turn-based system. Now that I have played it, it is exactly what I imagined watching various videos online. I even went to the IGN premiere event in London!

Overall:
As for the game itself, I think the developers did a very honest job marketing the game (something quite rare these days). It is exactly what I expected - beautiful open world, engaging characters, well balanced battle system, absolutely pretty cut scenes, and need I say the car Regalia looks just so cool that I want one in real life! Thr gameplay is what one would expect in a modern RPG - a range of items and gears to customize your characters. Despite the complexity of this customisation, SquareEnix did a fantasric job in UI design that it feels so simple to use it.

Graphics:
Ok, it is certainly above average by PS4 standard. But occassionally I did spot some minor graphical glitches. So far the most impressive graphics I have come accross in PS4 is undoubtly Uncharted 4 and FFXV graphic is not quite there yet I am afraid.

Battle system
I appreciate that some FF fans might be sceptical about the real time battle system. I was too but I am glad I gave it a try! Yes it is different but it is good. I like the combo attacks with the three friends and warp attack is a very nice idea well executed. However I am not so sure about the magic system. It looks rather underwhelming compared to other FF games. In particular magic effects also your friends so I feel like there is just no chance for me to use magic without hurting my friends and in the end I just stopped using it. It is really a shame!

Others
Funny enough for me the most memorable moment in FFXV is not the graphics , nor the battle systems which are the key features in most FF games. What I like most about FFXV are little things like camping with friends, photography, gathering ingredients for cooking, etc. The whole experience feels really real. The three friends are probbaly the most "realistic" game characters you will ever encounter. I have not yet completed the game but I sincerely hope none of them will die!

No games are perfect. But if you like RPG, I would certainly recommend FFXV as your next purchase!

The Sims 4 Spa Day [PC Code - Origin]
The Sims 4 Spa Day [PC Code - Origin]

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid game pack with tones of relaxing fun, 19 Jun. 2016
So far I have been very impressed by the quality of game packs. The level of details is amazing, arguably much more superior than some friends the features of expanding pack!

Spa Day contains the sleekest buy/build items and I find myself using them a lot in my generation build not just spa venue. The new activities like massage, yoga, meditation, sauna are very well executed. They are sure to send your sims in a good mood.... which actually doesn't matter much in the game. In ts3 if your sims are in a "good mood", they actually gain some lifetime points hence i like sending my sims to spa om ts3 so that the sims remain in a good mood even after a long day for hard work. Anyway i cannot blame this pack for what i thinn is the flaw of the mood system in ts4.i guess one can use this to tell weirder stories. :)

The new wellness skill.... well it is not really for me. I don't know about you but so far I am not so impressed by all the new skills added since the Base game. I like crafting skills like nectar making, social media (making a blog) photography (such a huge let down by the half baked photography skill in get work but anyway). Wellness for me is just like one of the skills where you just grind though max level by starting at your sims meditating.... which I suppose it better than watching the pain dry :)

Overall it is a very solid pack with tones of new game play. I would recommend it for your stressed out sims!

The Sims 4 Bundle Pack 5(Download Only)
The Sims 4 Bundle Pack 5(Download Only)
Offered by superdiskdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Dine out! Movie hangout is good but romantic garden is meh, 19 Jun. 2016
This is a review of all the individual packs:

Dine out:5/5 arguably the best game pack (not to be confused with expansion pack) so far. The level of details is far more superior hand the miserable retail system in Get to Work. You have chefs, hosts and waiters in the restaurants all behaving properly. The customisation of menu is amazing with drink, appetiser, main and dessert . Whilst the retail system in the sims 4 is a disaster compared to ts2, this current restaurant system is in my view far more superior than the sims 2 restaurant. There are still a few problems with customers sometimes not sitting properly which I hope will be fixed.

Romantic garden 2/5: for me this is the weakest pack of the three. The CAS items are so so and there aren't even many new flowers or plants. The game play items for me don't contribute much to the overall game play... playing in the fountain or wishing at the wishing well doesn't really appeal to me... I want more real life simulations and this pack is not for me

Movie hangout 4/5 : the Boho style of CAS and buy mode items are so refreshing and really stands out from the rest of the design. The big movie screen with ten new movies is very nice. Although this pack is not a cinema pack, with a bit of imagination, one can use the pack to build cinemas which kind of work. Again the sims tend to have problem sitting at one spot until they finish watching a movie ..the same problem with restaurants... well basically this problem persists throughout the whole game !

Stellaris (PC DVD)
Stellaris (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars I really want to like this game, 11 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Stellaris (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I really want to like this game...... but it is very boring at the moment! most of the new research gives you a small update on tech X which matters little in the actual game play. the whole game feels like a grind. there is nothing interesting to do but to keep exploring new systems and colonise more planets until the whole galaxy fills up. The only thing then you can do is to attack other empires, and when it comes to that, it is just a number game - if you have a bigger army, you win, Which means I can't even be bothered to research new tech really, just churn our more ships and you will win.....

Then the diplomacy screen.....basically, it is almost non-existent. I thought Civ V diplomacy is bad, but this is worse.

The most fun thing for me about this type of game is the research, exploration and wars, and none of these is interesting in Stellaris. The replyability of this game is also questionable, as I don't see the point of playing different races. They all look the same with minor differences, which probbaly don't make a difference in the gameplay anyway.

Granted, I have never played other Paradox game apart from Cities Skylines (which I adore!). Maybe I am missing something here. I also really like Paradox policy on regular free updates. But I feel like I should have waited maybe 6 months and bought this game with all the new updates (which may make the game actually fun to play) on a discount,

As it is, I really cannot recommend this game to anyone. Maybe if you like Paradox's other similar games. But if you like Civ V and hope that this is a space version of Civ V, or what Civ Beyond Earth should have been, no it is not nearly as fun as Civ V sadly .
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2016 5:55 AM BST

The Sims 4 Get Together (PC DVD)
The Sims 4 Get Together (PC DVD)
Offered by The Outlet Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great club system !, 16 Dec. 2015
I was very sceptical when this pack was first announced . More partying and night climbing , no thanks ! But as more information was released , I was becoming more positive , in particular the club system . I am a big fan of group play and the club system really transformed the sims 4 for me . Imagine having create-a-community tool , the club system is exactly that ! You can now have townies belonging to different clubs from mundane ones like book club or garden club, to weird ones like evil hacker club, or pub goers who never shower ! The possibility is endless. I can see myself playing this for many months to come . Also newer expansions will only expand the kind of clubs we can create ! Well done the sims 4 team ...

Yes there are some bugs introduced , but given their track record so far I am sure they will fix them soon :)

The Sims 4 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
The Sims 4 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but it is just a bad clone of sims 3, 26 Oct. 2014
I supposed if you had not played sims 3, it would be a great game. The problem of sims 4 is that sims 3 exists. Moving from sims 2 to 3 is a huge step, but not so much to sims 4. The whole game feels like a downgrade from sims 3. Yes there is multitasking which is very nice, but I am not so sure what emotions serve. I really like fishing, gardening, writing, collecting , etc in sims 3, and all these features are basically just copied and pasted into sims 4 . There are really not much new to explore . I do like the create the sims and the building tools are much better than sims 3 , and frankly that's the reason why I am still playing sims 4. I really hope new EPs would not be just again copy and paste from sims 3 EPs. I really hope people on EA and Maxis would focus on making creative, innovative and exciting games, not just making clones to milk their customers. The reason why I gave 3 stars is that on its own (without comparing to sims 3 or sims 2) it is still an enjoyable game.

Aroma Home Fuzzy Friends Hedgehog Slippers (Fit upto size 7UK)
Aroma Home Fuzzy Friends Hedgehog Slippers (Fit upto size 7UK)
Offered by Gelpacksdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy and cute, 16 Feb. 2014
I bought the Rudolf version before but they have worn off.
This pair is just as good as the old one.

Yamaha YDP161 Digital Portable Piano Dark Rosewood
Yamaha YDP161 Digital Portable Piano Dark Rosewood

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this digital piano, 16 Feb. 2014
I am an absolute beginner. A friend who knows a lot about the piano recommended this. I am glad I followed his advice. Of course I can't tell the difference between this and other possibly more expensive high end pianos, but I am so far very happy with my purchase. I can easily connect this to my computer and it works straight away with software like synthesia and garage band. I am a happy piano learner !

Alesis USB-MIDI Cable   Conversion Cable
Alesis USB-MIDI Cable Conversion Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice MIDI cable!, 16 Feb. 2014
I know very little about music, and I have just started learning to play the piano.
I was researching a MIDI cable for my digital piano, and I saw a lot of cheapy ones on Amazon. Having read the reviews of these cheap ones, I decided to buy this Alesis cable. What a good decision that was!!!!

Very happy - plug and play on my Mac, and Yahama Arius 161. Highly recommended