Profile for pamela > Reviews

Content by pamela

pamela

Waiting for Wednesday (Frieda Klein, Book 3)
Waiting for Wednesday (Frieda Klein, Book 3)
by Nicci French

3.0 out of 5 stars I was a little disappointed with the disjointed style, 3 July 2014
As the third in the 'week-day' books, I was a little disappointed with the disjointed style, making it a bit confusing at times. 'Monday' and 'Tuesday' were exciting and I couldn't wait to pick them up to continue the story.
However, having finished the book I have to say that although I felt that it was hard work, I did enjoy it and felt a sense of accomplishment on the last page. I would like to read the 'Thursday' book, but am a bit nervous, as I wouldn't want to be disappointed by an author that I have read for some years. It feels like the author is losing their 'edge'.

Gino's Italian Escape (Book 1)
Gino's Italian Escape (Book 1)
by Gino D'Acampo

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, 5 Nov. 2013
I had been watching Gino's series on the tv and decided to buy the book. I was considering giving it as a gift, but... I just couldn't let it go.

Mistress Of The Art Of Death: Mistress of the Art of Death, Adelia Aguilar series 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 5 Nov. 2013
This was my first book of this author. Wow! I love her style and historical detail. Keeps you guessing until the end.

City of Shadows
City of Shadows

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, 5 Nov. 2013
This review is from: City of Shadows (Paperback)
After reading the other Ariana Franklin books, this was a disappointment. I couldn't get into it at all. Maybe I'll go back to it later.

The Assassin's Prayer: Mistress of the Art of Death, Adelia Aguilar series 4
The Assassin's Prayer: Mistress of the Art of Death, Adelia Aguilar series 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 5 Nov. 2013
I loved the book. My only criticism would be that I got so engrossed, I found myself still reading into the night, therefore finishing it quickly.

Fifty Shades Darker: 2/3
Fifty Shades Darker: 2/3
by E. L. James

4.0 out of 5 stars Fifty Shades Darker, 2 Aug. 2012
Having read Fifty Shades of Grey I was interested to see how the story evolved. I enjoyed the book. It's a very fast read. However, there seems to be lots of 'filling', which makes the book a bit (dare I say)boring/tedious, but it doesn't really detract from making your imagination run away with you (if you let it).
Nicely written and an unusual love story.

Fifty Shades Freed: 3/3
Fifty Shades Freed: 3/3
by E. L. James

4.0 out of 5 stars Fifty Shades Freed, 2 Aug. 2012
A nice completion of the trilogy, though I think there was too much 'filling'. Not quite the ending I had suspected, but I was partly right, so that was pleasing. If they make it into a film, I feel it would be too violent in places and simply filled with gratuitous sex. Otherwise, it was an interesting journey.

We Look To The Stars
We Look To The Stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 26 July 2012
This review is from: We Look To The Stars (Audio CD)
I first heard this chap on the radio. His sound was great. On listening to the whole thing though, I was really dissapointed in the range of music. Lesson learned :-(.