Profile for Ewescool > Reviews

Content by Ewescool

Ewescool

Trailer on the Fly (The Time Travel Trailer Book 2)
Trailer on the Fly (The Time Travel Trailer Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Jun. 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Please write more!

Rivers of London: Night Witch #1
Rivers of London: Night Witch #1

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great graphic novel installment, 1 April 2016
I have the first in this series of comic books and was eager to get the second when I saw the first installment. I wasn't disappointed either. Full of tantalising hints as to background and what may unfold. It only lost a star because it isn't easy to read on Kindle in black and white, and doesn't move easily on the screen when enlarged. I hope that this too will be coming out as a book in due course; I've just received my copy of Body Work and thoroughly enjoyed rereading it. I'm a bit bemused at the reviewer here and others on Amazon.com who didn't realise it was a graphic novel. Surely the fact that it's described as a comic is clear enough? No fault should go to the author for purchasers' inability to read and comprehend the description. I'm waiting eagerly for the second installment (as well as for other books in this series, both graphic and conventional) and will certainly buy any hardcopy edition that may be released later. Loved it.

Llewellyn's 2016 Witches' Calendar (Calendars 2016)
Llewellyn's 2016 Witches' Calendar (Calendars 2016)
by Llewellyn
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only do I love the pictures but the writing is interesting and often ..., 22 Jan. 2016
I get this calendar every year. Not only do I love the pictures but the writing is interesting and often has good suggestions which I incorporate into public and private ritual.

Mollie Makes: Crochet: Techniques, Tricks & Tips with 15 Exclusive Projects
Mollie Makes: Crochet: Techniques, Tricks & Tips with 15 Exclusive Projects
by Mollie Makes

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introduction, 18 Sept. 2013
This is a very useful introduction to crochet and a valuable reference book - particularly so as it uses British crochet terms, unlike many basic books and YouTube videos. I found the diagrams good and very clear in their step-by-step nature which I found easier than trying to follow and stop a quick video. Too many crochet books assume that you know the basics and only cover them fleetingly. The projects are also basic but fun. Garments aren't covered other than a quick look at edgings but this is an excellent introduction for the beginner or near-beginner. I've already recommended it to someone I was helping learn.