Profile for ChrisR > Reviews

No Harm Can Come to a Good Man
No Harm Can Come to a Good Man
by James Smythe

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting Work., 16 Feb. 2016
This was a very interesting take on the (over?) dependence on tick boxes to indicate who is worthwhile and who is not, coupled with the amount of information we give out about ourselves virtually non-stop and how that may come back to bite us later on. I was riveted all the way through and felt that James Smythe's theme was one to be considered seriously. The breaking down of the central character, in all senses, was powerful but not excessive. A really interesting read.

camel active Outback Gtx 70, Womens Boots, Brown (Nut), 4 UK
camel active Outback Gtx 70, Womens Boots, Brown (Nut), 4 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent, 5 Jan. 2016
So pleased with these boots. I have broad feet so at first a little tight but after a couple of wears they are now extremely comfortable. An excellent bargain too.

Detectorists [DVD] [2014]
Detectorists [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Mackenzie Crook

5.0 out of 5 stars All round fab., 13 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Detectorists [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Comedy doesn't have to be madly funny. This is a beautiful observation of the routines of life together with the happy and sad moments we all experience. Life is repetitive and sometimes that is a safety net. I loved this - I also love Stewart Lee, who is very different to what is on offer here.

Metaltex 29 cm Non-Stick Splatter Screen Splash Guard
Metaltex 29 cm Non-Stick Splatter Screen Splash Guard

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Aug. 2014
Excellent value for money and does what it should!

Camel Active Womens Evita Oxblood Slouch Boots 790.70.02 8 UK, 41 EU
Camel Active Womens Evita Oxblood Slouch Boots 790.70.02 8 UK, 41 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect boots at perfect price, 11 Feb. 2014
Excellent value at sale price for high quality boots. I have wide feet and Camel fit me so well. Love them.

Sahara London WND05-CHCL Audrey Slouch Pocket Maxi Women's Dress Navy X-Large
Sahara London WND05-CHCL Audrey Slouch Pocket Maxi Women's Dress Navy X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 13 Oct. 2013
I really like Sahara but cannot afford full price items. Have had my eye on this dress for some time and Amazon had it in my size and at half cost. It is very comfortable to wear but looks quite elegant without being fussy, which for me is perfect. Extremely happy with purchase and service. One gripe though, does it need to be packed in such a huge box?

Merrell Siren Ventilator 2, Women's Lace-Up Trekking and Hiking Shoes - Brown (Dark Earth/Orange), 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable from the go., 23 Aug. 2013
I needed a pair of trainer type walking shoes to replace my very old Merrells and these have proven to be an excellent purchase for me. Some reviews of the latest Merrell shoes indicated a change in sizing but I have to say these are accurate for my feet. Extremely pleased both with design and the look of these so 100% success for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 29, 2016 11:29 PM GMT

Fly London Women's Mon Dark Brown Open Toe Flats P142610004 8 UK
Fly London Women's Mon Dark Brown Open Toe Flats P142610004 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss to wear, 8 Aug. 2013
These are lovely sandals and broad enough for my wide old feet. Comfortable to wear and walk in. Great purchase and a great price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous moody Mae, 5 Aug. 2013
Delighted with the poster of Mae West, the original liberated lady. The seller is a class act too and again sent a second, FOC poster, with the item.

A**************

Fly London Women's Peel Leather Pistachio Casual Loafers P500399004 8 UK
Fly London Women's Peel Leather Pistachio Casual Loafers P500399004 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort with style, 24 July 2013
These are a change to normal Mary-Jane style and the pistachio colour is different and fun. I have wide feet but these fit perfectly. I could fly over the moon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3