Profile for sledgey > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Grind
Grind

5.0 out of 5 stars Lively, 9 July 2016
This review is from: Grind (Audio CD)
This was a recommendation from a musician on the folk-rock circuit. Very enjoyable, their gigs look tremendous fun. Unfortunately, they had just visite London the week before I found them but a definite for the future

Speedo Men's Essential Endurance+ 7cm Sportsbrief - Black, 34"
Speedo Men's Essential Endurance+ 7cm Sportsbrief - Black, 34"

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 9 July 2016
Just what I needed to wear under shorts on the squash court

Bluetooth Headphones, SoundPEATS Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sports Earphones, Running Gym Exercise Sweatproof Headsets In-ear Stereo Earbuds with Microphone(Black/Yellow)
Offered by SOUNDSOUL Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, excellent value, 16 Jun. 2016
I found these headphones on a review of best headphones on CNET or somewhere similar. It was an impulse buy whilst searching around a different pair offered as an Amazon deal of the day. They were compared with models priced around £200 and the report said they were astounding value for a tenth of that price tag.

I'm still finding my way around the controls but they readily connect to all 4 devices I have used them with and can hold two connections at once. The sound quality is fine especially as most situations I use them in are noisy anyway. using wired bus on my phone, I was always straining to hear when they were at full whack but the Bluetooth connection allows me to operate them around the middle of the range.

Very pleased with them

TaoTronics® Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Transmitter (DSP, A2DP, 3.5mm Audio-Out Jack, USB Audio)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It took a moment or two to get it paired ..., 27 Mar. 2016
It took a moment or two to get it paired with my new headphones because I wasn't familiar with either but once they had paired (and it was actually easy), it was plain sailing and now they connect readily.

VLC for Fire
VLC for Fire

3.0 out of 5 stars Style over function, 27 April 2015
This review is from: VLC for Fire (App)
The updated app has a nice fresh feel to it and looks really slick but unfortunately for me it is badly let down by the fast forward and rewind functions which only seem to work on the audio leaving me with a frozen screen

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm, salty, 19 April 2015
Just the job for our water softener, too. As cheap as we have found and delivered to your door. Now where can we get some vinegar...

Karakal PU Supergrip Replacement Racquet Grip - tennis / badminton / squash (Yellow, 4 x Grips)
Offered by RacquetDeal

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping stuff, 14 Mar. 2015
These are the best grips for me. I put one on last week for a tournament quarter final and the next morning found the strings had gone when I came to play my semi so I had to use another one hastily so I'll have to re-order again soon.

The Thirty-Nine Steps
The Thirty-Nine Steps

4.0 out of 5 stars A Jolly Good Tale of Derring Do, 14 Mar. 2015
I got this because I caught the film on iPlayer a month or so ago on the last night it was available but was unable to finish it. This is the original Robert Donat version, the best of the lot. I got the book which was free anyway, being out of copyright. It is quite striking how different the book is from the film, no leading ladies here but it was a good tale nonetheless. The story rolls along at a fair old pace and it incorporates a fair bit of humour.

Apocalypticon
Apocalypticon

5.0 out of 5 stars An envoyable post-apocalyptic romp, 14 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Apocalypticon (Kindle Edition)
This was another suggested free read from BookBub and a very enjoyable one it was too. Unsurprisingly, going off the title, it is another post-apocalyptic tale but this time with a comic flavour. The story follows two very likeable characters as they track across post-apocalypse America from Chicago down towards Disneyland, Florida. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the ending was special.

To Kill A Mockingbird
To Kill A Mockingbird

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 27 July 2014
This was the only book we covered in my English O'Level that I actually enjoyed reading. I have re-read it again many times. Now, my son is reading it for his GCSE

Page: 1 | 2 | 3