Profile for DS Reid > Reviews

LEGO Super Heroes 76017: Captain America vs. Hydra
LEGO Super Heroes 76017: Captain America vs. Hydra
Offered by Mytoyfactory

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 22 Nov. 2015
It is a gift but looks as if it will fill the role

Happy Birthday (Doodle) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher
Happy Birthday (Doodle) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Oct. 2015
No problem with this as usual

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone Girl, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
What a tangled web this author weaves. I swung from like to dislike of the two main characters and I am still not sure where I am with one of the characters. It demonstrates how parents can screw up their kids and I began to wonder what damage I have may have done to mine - I hope none. I am not surprised that this was top of the best seller list for such a long time.

Blue Lightning (Shetland)
Blue Lightning (Shetland)
by Ann Cleeves

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue lightening, 6 Sept. 2013
This is the fourth book in the series and I would recommend that the first three are read first since you really get to know and like/dislike the main characters. As before the descriptions of the life and the living in these "remote" islands are wonderful. This is the first time I actually got the perpetrator right as the author usually leads you up a blind alley. However the ending is very unexpected - "oh dear" I said - but I will say no more. Really worth reading.

The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy
The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy
by Peter May

4.0 out of 5 stars Lewis trilogy, 24 July 2013
This is the first of the Lewis trilogy and paints an incredible picture of the outer isles, the way of life and the community and the influence of the language and the church. I got really involved with one of the characters and felt she was treated abominally and could not wait to read the next book hoping that the outcome for her was better. I will not spoil this by letting you know. Read the next book.

Red Bones (Shetland)
Red Bones (Shetland)
by Ann Cleeves

4.0 out of 5 stars Shetland quartet, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Red Bones (Shetland) (Paperback)
I have enjoyed the two previous books. The characters are fascinating and the description of the islands and the way of life is entrancing. I was determined to solve this knowing that the author always guides you to a particular individual who seems the most likely "culprit" - usually someone I cannot relate to and dislike - but who is not the villain. I failed again - oh dear. I would highly recommend this and will try again to win with the next book.

A Wanted Man: (Jack Reacher 17)
A Wanted Man: (Jack Reacher 17)
by Lee Child

4.0 out of 5 stars Jack Reacher, 8 May 2013
I am a Lee Child/ Jack Reacher fan so the rating should not be a surprise. I do enjoy the fact that the books are easy to read with the short concise chapters. They do give the flavour of the USA, the places and the people. It is always fun trying to sort out the "goodies" from the "baddies" as well as enjoying the resourcefulness of the hero. Just fun.

Wool (Wool Trilogy)
Wool (Wool Trilogy)
by Hugh Howey

4.0 out of 5 stars Wool 1, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Wool (Wool Trilogy) (Hardcover)
I have neaver read a Hugh Howey book and did not know what to expect but quickly became involved in the story. It is a fascinating concept of the possible future and the characters in the book a were portrayed. I would highly recommend this and will follow the story when the next part of the trilogy appears

Snake Ropes
Snake Ropes
by Jess Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars An unusual book, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Snake Ropes (Paperback)
I really did not know what to expect. I do like fantasy and the fact that it was a prize winner tempted me. I have to admit that it is beautifully written but it was quite an unusual plot. I did make me think and I suspect that I am too thick to fully appreciate its contents

Roberts R9927 LW/MW/FM Radio with Separate Bass and Treble Controls
Roberts R9927 LW/MW/FM Radio with Separate Bass and Treble Controls
Offered by Hughes Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars A bog standard radio, 8 May 2013
Have had a Sony radio in the kitchen for many many years -certainly 15 - but was beginning to give up. All I wished for was a reasonably priced FM radio that was easy to use and did have to be usable via the mains. I have had this now for over a month and it fulfills my needs - easy to use and good reception even in the highlands. Lets see if it has the durability of the last one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3