Profile for Bridget > Reviews

Content by Bridget

Bridget

Page: 1 | 2
Organizing Your Workspace for a Productivity Boost (Instant Insights)
Organizing Your Workspace for a Productivity Boost (Instant Insights)

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and easy to follow, 2 Jun. 2016
The book is laid out very clearly and focuses on practical steps.

Parenting: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures

Cute & Easy Crochet: Learn to crochet with these 35 adorable projects
Cute & Easy Crochet: Learn to crochet with these 35 adorable projects
by Nicki Trench

4.0 out of 5 stars Great projects, would love more description, 6 Aug. 2013
I really like this book. As a beginner/intermediate crocheter I would have benefitted from an explanation of the pattern as well as the pattern itself - i.e. you're going to be doing three trebles and then a chain space and then three more trebles to create a square' or something along those lines and then the pattern. It would give me a clearer idea of what the pattern was doing as I worked through it.

Other than that, it's really a great book. The projects in it are divided according to skill level and nearly every page is another cute little project that I look forward to doing. The colours of the yarn used are lovely and I like Nicki Trench's style of writing. It's a great buy and one that I'll be working from for years to come.

Steal Like An Artist
Steal Like An Artist
by Austin Kleon

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read with lots of tips, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Steal Like An Artist (Paperback)
I like the layout and style of this book by Austin Kleon. It's a great little book that you can pick up time and time again when you're looking for inspiration and ways to work more creatively.

How to Write a Children's Picture Book Volume III: Figures of Speech: 3
How to Write a Children's Picture Book Volume III: Figures of Speech: 3
by Eve Heidi Heidi Bine-Stock

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read for working on language, 6 Aug. 2013
While I didn't find this book as useful as the first two books in the series, it is still a very interesting analysis of the use of language in a children's picturebook. A lot of the terminology was new to me so I think that I need to go back and read it again and I'll probably get more from it on a second or third reading. This is definitely one to read if you're working on developing language in a children's picturebook, Bine-Stock identifies clever use of language in classic picturebooks and ways to apply this knowledge to your own writing.

How to Write a Children's Picture Book Volume II: Word, Sentence, Scene, Story: Learning from Leo the Late Bloomer, Harry the Dirty Dog, Lilly's Purpl: 2
by Eve Heidi Heidi Bine-Stock

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide for practical techniques, 6 Aug. 2013
I really like this series of books by Eve Heidi Bine-Stock. She works through well-known picturebooks and shows how the authors have used different techniques to achieve certain results in their writing. All of her advice is very practical and she gives examples of each thing that she discusses. This is very helpful when working on an idea or working through drafts of a piece of writing.

The Adventures of Augie March (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Adventures of Augie March (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Saul Bellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic story, 27 May 2013
There's something about this story that stays with you even though I can't put my finger on it. It's a very interesting journey back in time to the contemporary times of the story. The characters are very strong.

Kisses [DVD] [2008]
Kisses [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Kelly O'Neill
Offered by figswigs

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Kisses [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
It's a sweet story about two inner city Dublin kids. I liked the dialogue and the approach to the story. .

The Eyes Have It
The Eyes Have It
by Philip K Dick

3.0 out of 5 stars Good edition, didn't like the story, 27 May 2013
This review is from: The Eyes Have It (Paperback)
I thought the story itself was a bit silly and not really what I expected. I bought it for my Dad for his birthday as he is a Sci-Fi fan but it was more like a quirky story, which is fine, just it wasn't what I was looking for.

Page: 1 | 2