Profile for Ms. D. Samwell > Reviews

Content by Ms. D. Samwell

Ms. D. Samwell "Little Miss Muffet" (Northampton, England)

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle): 1
The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle): 1
by Patrick Rothfuss

5.0 out of 5 stars If you haven't read this yet you might well consider ..., 1 Sept. 2014
If you haven't read this yet you might well consider yourself a fool. This is exactly the kind of story which evokes your own imagination into an Oscar worthy film. I will find, torture and maim anyone, in an Abercrombie style duel from the North, if they ever tried.

This tale sings it's own song.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Samsung Quality, 1 Sept. 2014
I've had my tab for 24 hours now, I've named it Ekxyy. I am unbelievably pleased with my shiny new toy, it's almost maternal.

What I have before me, it's a slick, sexy splendid bit of kit. Not only is it easy on the eye, but also smooth in function and has an easy, simple to use interface. I am familiar with Samsung, I've had a low end smart phone manufacturerd by them, a camera, blu-ray player to use and have also used products by Apple. I have always used P'S with a Windows operating system. I'm not a technologically advanced user, but I've had my fair share of exposure to devices.

What I want to say is this, if you are deliberating the choices of tablets that are currently available on the market, I would recommend you consider a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I gave this a 5 out of 5 star review for a reason, I don't see the point in doing so unless I truly believe something good is worth that accolade.

Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Purple S Curve Gel Skin Case / Cover PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose!, 5 Oct. 2012
This is a well designed cover for the Galaxy Ace. I totally agree with many of the other reviews; it fits well, looks good (the colour is great), and makes the phone easier to handle. I would recommend this to other Ace users. I might suggest that for an extra £1, throwing in a screen protector would be a super fantastic idea!

Talking Bagpuss
Talking Bagpuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss, 5 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Talking Bagpuss (Toy)
This item was bought as a birthday gift for a 31 year old boy, and he loves it. Bagpuss does look like the original toy, the overall design and manufacture is very accurate. He's also a lovely soft toy to cuddle up with. And that's all without the fact that he sings a little song... And yawns!! That but is awesome. So, thank you for selling this great gift, I've enjoyed it just as much as the recipient.
The only, very minor downside is that, according to a previously posted review, the battery doesn't last forever (nothing does). This probably makes it a better gift for kidults than actual children.

Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 1)
Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant - book 1)
by Derek Landy

5.0 out of 5 stars A positive role model if ever there was one... dead or alive!, 19 Jun. 2007
Since childhood I've always enjoyed a good read that enlivens the imagination and makes me smile. I was after a new read, something along the dark and twisted road with a morbid sense of humour; who would have thought it would be found in a "childrens" book?

I read reviews on Amazon about this book and was pleasantly surprised by the number of "adults" who too like to venture into their deepest imagination, and who better to do it with than Skulduggery? It was the number of warm and encouraging reviews that pursueded me to buy this adventure.

I loved every word of it. The characters and plot are well developed and rounded with interesting and strangely believable backstories. Derek Landy has touched on the single most important point that leads to the spectacular success of this book, we all want to believe in magic and so we are compelled to agree with Stephanie in her pursuit of her uncle's mysterious death. She encounters trouble and problems in everyway imaginable, both in her old normal life and in her new mysterious, magical and dangerous one.

I for one can't wait until my newly pre-ordered copy of Skulduggery Pleasant: 2 drops through my letterbox! Bravo!

Hamlet [VHS] [1997]
Hamlet [VHS] [1997]
VHS
Offered by auczobe

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply: Excellent!, 6 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Hamlet [VHS] [1997] (VHS Tape)
Kenneth Brannagh is with very little doubt one the the best directors and actors of Shakespeare's texts. His ability to clarify meanigs of the play through precise interpretation is beautifully exemplified in this production of Hamlet. It is clear to any observer that Brannagh understands Shakespeare with ease. This enables the observer to understand the words and story beter themselves. If any one has any qualms or difficulties with understanding Shakespeare then just buy this; it is enjoyable for all and easily understandable.