Profile for Timo > Reviews

Content by Timo

Timo

Page: 1 | 2
Sega Megadrive Arcade Ultimate Portable (Electronic Games)
Sega Megadrive Arcade Ultimate Portable (Electronic Games)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough!, 11 Mar. 2016
Screen is pretty bad, the sound is very distorted and does not sound like the original Mega Drive.

Shiny Chrome Space Pen with Matching Clip
Shiny Chrome Space Pen with Matching Clip
Offered by Creston

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good pens which last for ages!, 11 Mar. 2016
Great pens, I have one without the clip and I have to say that I prefer the clip pen, it is a very smooth writing action and the ink lasts for ages, great size and the added coolness of being used by the Apollo astronauts, now I just gotta get into orbit to try it in zero-g!

Fisher Bullet Space Pen - Chrome
Fisher Bullet Space Pen - Chrome
Offered by Buying & Saving

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice pens and look great!, 11 Mar. 2016
Great pen, writes anywhere and was used by the astronauts on the Apollo missions, what more could a wanna be astronaut want!

Carrying the Fire: An Astronaut's Journeys
Carrying the Fire: An Astronaut's Journeys
by Michael Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to put down, a real joy to read!, 11 Mar. 2016
I dreamt of being an astronaut when I was younger and even applied to the program but my meagre grades and not studying a science subject stopped me early on so whenever there is a book written by an astronaut I am on the edge of my seat ready to read it. The first thing that comes across with the book is how much of a down to earth, pardon the pun, guy Michael Collins. He does not come across arrogant and seems a really great person to get to know. He puts in a lot of detail about his previous Gemini flight and the training, along with all the Apollo training and final mission. This book was very hard to put down and I was carrying it with me everywhere so when I had any chance to relax I would read his book. If you are interested in the Apollo 11 mission then this is an essential book for your collection.

Riding Rockets: The Outrageous Tales of a Space Shuttle Astronaut
Riding Rockets: The Outrageous Tales of a Space Shuttle Astronaut
by Mike Mullane

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential read for those interested in the Space Shuttle era., 11 Mar. 2016
A wonderful read about the NASA Space Shuttle program in the 80s and what the astronauts at that time were going through. It is a nice read as it does not cover the Apollo side which there are so many good books around already. The author is very entertaining and made me laugh out loud at a couple of times in the book, he also very honest in his opinion of how NASA was being run at the time. A great fun read for those of us interested in the Space Shuttle era.

Moon [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Moon [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Sam Rockwell

5.0 out of 5 stars A film of incredible thought and emotion that brought me to tears., 11 Mar. 2016
Rarely do you get the honour to see such a masterpiece of science fiction, the story is so well written and the perfect acting adds to the whole package of the film. I have not been moved to tears before in a science fiction movie and it makes the film so much more poignant, I felt so sad and happy at the end of the film and will be watching it again. I wish I was more eloquent in my words to describe how incredible this film is, the way how it makes you think and draws you into the film`s world.

Futurama - Season 1-8 [DVD] [1999]
Futurama - Season 1-8 [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Peter Avanzino

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant show!, 23 Sept. 2015
If you love Futurama then this is the set to get, I always enjoyed Futurama more than the Simpsons and it is great to go back to the older episodes, they never get boring and there is some other joke that I missed the first time round. The box is the same as the Office but I do not mind as it is nice to have all the DVDs together in one place. Classic show for adults and children.

The Office: An American Workplace - Season 1-9 Complete [DVD] [2014]
The Office: An American Workplace - Season 1-9 Complete [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Rainn Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal and a wonderful show worth re-watching!, 23 Sept. 2015
I really enjoyed the original UK series and was a bit hesitant about the US remake, I still remember the awful job they did with Red Dwarf US but after season two the show really gets into it`s own groove. My wife and I both enjoy the US version greatly, the characters and situations they get put into are always a laugh, it is a real joy to relax in the evening to watch an episode though it is very easy to say "Just one more ... " and before you know it, it`s 1 a.m. and you have to sleep. The boxset is great value and I am sure that once it is not available it will go up in price like other complete boxsets, the cardboard box is a bit flimsy however I have not managed to tear it yet but I did have to be careful. In conclusion this is a wonderful series that needs to be watched and though not every episode is a classic it still manages to to be very watchable. 5 stars for the amazing job that the actors have done in bringing the Scranton Dunder Mifflin office to life!

Singstar: Ultimate Party (PS4)
Singstar: Ultimate Party (PS4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Singstar you know and love, avoid for the moment!, 7 Nov. 2014
I was really hoping this version would live up to the previous iteration on the PS3, my wife and friends really enjoyed the game but this time they really have dropped the ball. As so many others have already said the microphone level is set too low, so you cannot hear your voice, it only picks it it up as a low muffle. Considering this is a karaoke game it is is pretty shocking to see how they let this slip by. While the new UI looks good it is slower and they have taken a lot of features away such as saving names, battle and pass the mic. Then when you get to the store there is so few songs that it is hard to believe you are playing the same game. This should have been a great product and it seems that like the trend for many things on the PS4, things are broken and there is no excuse for selling this type of product. Seriously guys, you should ashamed trying to sell this tripe to Singstar customers. I really regret having spent money on this.

The Ultimate Guide to Amiga PD Games: The very best Shareware and Public Domain games for the Commodore Amiga

5.0 out of 5 stars The Amiga has so many great games and then there are the PD games, 22 Oct. 2014
The Amiga has so many great games and then there are the PD games, this book is a wonderful ride down memory lane, there were even done games that I had not played yet and decided to download. If you were there then you will thoroughly enjoy this book. It is well written with big screen shots of each game.

Page: 1 | 2