Profile for mostlyharmless > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lisa Leather Velcro Fastening Ladies Sandal 8 / 42 Virginia Tan
Lisa Leather Velcro Fastening Ladies Sandal 8 / 42 Virginia Tan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and hardwearing, 19 July 2017
Another pair of comfortable Josef Seibel sandals to wear all day. Easily adjustable with the two Velcro straps. Good for walking distances and stable on fairly rough ground. I think these are my fourth pair over the last few years. I wear them all summer and they still look good at the end of the season. A brilliant buy.

Curcumin 95 + Bioperine® by LLS | Highest Quality Turmeric Extract containing ONLY CURCUMIN (the active component of Turmeric) with 95% Curcuminoids and Bioperine® (black pepper extract) for Greatly Increased Bioavailability | 500mg x 60 Veg Capsules | Made in UK under GMP License
Offered by Love Life Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective natural substitute for anti-inflammatories., 10 July 2017
I've been using curcumin daily for nearly a year. I managed to stop using Ibuprofen after twenty years use and curcumin is just as effective at managing my arthritis. I also feel better all round. It may have other benefits, such as anti-oxidant, but I can't be sure of that. I just know it works for my arthritis.
This love life supplements version (curcumin 95 with bioperine) is the best brand I've tried. It has a good level of curcumin (my husband, a food chemist, checks the amount of curcumin very carefully) but doesn't make me itch like some other brands. I've been using this LLS version for over six months and am very impressed by it and the service offered by LLS. Ordered one day delivered the next.

Josef Seibel Tonga 25, Women's Sandals, Red (815 350 Red), 8 UK (42 EU)
Josef Seibel Tonga 25, Women's Sandals, Red (815 350 Red), 8 UK (42 EU)
Offered by Bells Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and comfortable, 4 May 2017
These sandals have three Velcro straps to adjust for a perfect fit. They have a different footbed (higher and a different material) than my other Josef Seibel sandals - more like Birkenstocks footbed. I love the colour (red). They look more stylish than other JS styles. Very comfortable. Expensive but worth it for the comfort and the way they last several years.

Turmeric Curcumin 600mg with BioPerine® 180 Vegetarian Vegan Capsules Optimum Strength High Absorption, by Rite Flex
Offered by PharmEthicals Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and very effective for arthritis., 17 Jan. 2017
Curcumin seems to be an effective anti-inflammatory. After 20 years of taking ibuprofen I have been able to give it up and rely on curcumin instead. Arthritis in my knee feels a lot better. My hands are no longer painful and stiff and I have recovered strength in my hands. I take two capsules a day. I found that another brand with a lot more bioperine in made me feel itchy. I cannot comment on other supposed benefits of curcumin such as anti-oxidants. I have also decided for the moment to rely on curcumin for its blood thinning properties rather than take the anti-coagulants and statins prescribed, but talk to your GP about that. No side effects problems with Rite-Flex. Good value too. Recommended.

Ludo - Ludo Board Game Set 12" - Luxury Wooden Pieces - Jaques of London
Ludo - Ludo Board Game Set 12" - Luxury Wooden Pieces - Jaques of London
Offered by Jaques of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional wooden pieces, 25 Nov. 2016
Bought for young children, I thought this board with its chunky wooden pieces, would be easier to manage than the usual slippery little plastic counters. As its a Christmas present I haven't opened the game up yet but it looks really good quality. A bag to store the pieces is useful too. A traditional version of the game, quality pieces and board, at a good price.

Addis Metallic Spray Mop
Addis Metallic Spray Mop

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible and easy to use, 12 May 2016
Flexible mop can be used dry or wet. Easy to use and can be used on all hard floors. Effective without chemicals. Only downside is that it doesn't adjust for height. Easy to wash mop head - a spare is useful.

Trail of Broken Wings
Trail of Broken Wings

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark secrets in an apparently perfect family, 4 Mar. 2016
Trail of Broken wings is a beautifully written story about uncovering dark secrets in a close family. The characters are damaged, complex and multi-layered. You can't tell where the story is going with twists and turns. But, despite the subject matter, there is beauty in the book. It would make a good film. Highly recommended.

The Lady in the Van
The Lady in the Van

4.0 out of 5 stars Comedy or tragedy?, 13 Feb. 2016
Short book based on Alan Bennett's diary jottings about his unusual tenant. He allowed her to park her ancient, barely roadworthy, van on his drive temporarily and she stayed for fifteen years! As it is based on diary entries, the story doesn't really flow as well as it might. Nevertheless it's an enjoyable read.

Puff, the Magic Dragon: Book and CD Pack
Puff, the Magic Dragon: Book and CD Pack
by Peter Yarrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical illustrated song, 13 Feb. 2016
Beautifully illustrated book based on the lyrics of the song Puff the Magic Dragon. Comes with a CD with two other children's songs. The granddaughters soon learnt the words and sing it often.

Swordfish 'Edge 450' A3 10 Sheet Rotary Paper Trimmer/Guillotine Ref: 42014x
Swordfish 'Edge 450' A3 10 Sheet Rotary Paper Trimmer/Guillotine Ref: 42014x

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient paper cutter, 8 Dec. 2015
This paper cutter seems to work well on several pieces of paper at once. It cuts cleanly and accurately and it feels sturdy. I found the cutting guides and measurements on the cutter base very useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3