Profile for Mr. John > Reviews

Mr. John

BLACKJACK!
BLACKJACK!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: BLACKJACK! (App)
I'm slow at figuring out games and have little patience to study what to do but within a minute I felt I got this, fast, fun, self explanatory, suitable for anyone. I downloaded for free but I would happily pay for this.

The Etymologicon: A Circular Stroll through the Hidden Connections of the English Language

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Stunning, Education at its best., 12 April 2014
As an avid reader across a broad range of topics I admire much that is written and the authors responsible. This is the first time in my 45 year life that I can say I am a fan - a fan of Mark Forsyth. I never read so much information, humour and courtesy so cleverly woven together. Roy Pierce

How To Become Fluent In Spanish: Not for Beginners, Not Quick and Easy, but Really Effective (Spanish Books Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Common sense, 24 Mar. 2014
How disappointing. The title seemed so honest and sensible that I imagined a fresh approach to learning with examples of how to learn and organise various aspects of Spanish. Instead it instructed me to learn Spanish words by repetitive writing and localizing of lists of words and don't give up because it takes time. I can't believe I just paid someone to tell me this. If you truly have no idea how to learn a language and think it's a quick and easy process then these few pages may help.

Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope Is Here
Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope Is Here

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 7 Dec. 2013
this book is worth a read. An interesting alternative overview if some aspects o f religious history. Unfortunately, it basically reads as a bigoted, fundamentalist protest against Catholicism, wildly misinterpreting meanings and using FACTS taken out of sensible context. I managed to see around the tiresome and relentless diatribe against Catholicism to appreciate the work and referencing that has gone into this. Read and enjoy with a pinch of salt between each finger.

Rasputin: The Untold Story
Rasputin: The Untold Story

5.0 out of 5 stars A FRESH PERSPECTIVE, 22 Nov. 2013
Having read a fair bit of Russian history around this period I found Joseph Fuhmann's book a breath of fresh air with considered and balanced narrative. I highly recommend this book in every way but it desperately needed a further proof read before release. Some of the grammatical errors meant I had to 're-read' passages and amend personal pronouns to make sense of what was being read. This aside, I believe this to be a defining work in unravelling the enigma that Rasputin was and continues to be.