Profile for M. L. Hobson > Reviews

Content by M. L. Hobson

M. L. Hobson "book lover" (Sheffield UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Trixie Exercise Wheel, 28 cm Dia (colours may vary)
Trixie Exercise Wheel, 28 cm Dia (colours may vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy hamster!, 18 Aug. 2017
I hadn't realised how big a wheel needs to be in relation to the hamster and feel bad for my previous hammies. It was thanks to a reviewer on here that I now know so thank you-when this arrived I laughed thinking oh no I've ordered the wrong size it's big enough for a cat! However I put in his his cage and he's gone mad for itvand hasn't come off yet! With him inside it isn't big for his size-he's a large Syrian.
Luckily we have a very large cage and this is really big in terms of space but of it's the right size for his back then I'm happy and he loves it. This is the third wheeel I've tired the first was the one hat came with the cage and in hindsight now realise with roboroski size...then I got the flying saucer one which he never touched and then this which is a huge it!

Modern House Sign Personalised For Your Door and Home | Unique Matt black or white acrylic perspex address yard street plaque | Beautiful traditional digitally UV printed panel, any digits, number and/or text not cheap vinyl | Made in the UK | Weatherproof house name plate | Fully personalized custom front door number signage | Stylish design can be used for businesses | Fixings included | Fast delivery | Choose from a selection of fonts (Black)
Offered by UK Sign Shop

Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars The best things do come in small packages :0), 21 Jun. 2015
We have 3 cats, one black haired cavalier, a 14 month old toddler, 3 floored terrace, slate kitchen floor, vinyl dining room floor and the rest of the house is deep pile carpet.
I had an upright dyson many years ago but changed it for a German make cat and dog which I've always been happy with but bags are expensive and its so heavy to lug about, store and carry up and down 3 levels of steep stairs.
Since having a baby I suffer with back and pelvis problems and hoovering was painful so my search commenced for a lightweight vacuum.
I read lots of reviews and had two shortlisted, this and the other one beginning with a G. The latter got dismissed on its long pile carpet reviews so I opted for this, and had lots of raving reviews from friends who said this had "changed their life"
I love it! Simply love it! It's so lightweight I don't have any physical problems hoovering as before. It's very powerful and what comes out of our carpets is unbelievable! I like the simplicity of it and the fact that's it's cordless is makes me smile that bit more.
I never Hoover the whole house as once so doing each floor in sections works for me, also I'm constantly hoovering bits so this is great for me, no more dread of going in the cellar head, lugging it out, plugging it in and putting it all back. We've put the charging station on the wall in our living room behind the sofa so I can just grab and go and this is lifesaving for me.
Hoovering is no longer a chore.
I do agree with other reviews about the peer switc requiring you to have your finger on it constantly but if there was a constant switch I don't think it would be as effective as its be another switch you have to turn on and off, as it is it's instant and for me moving things, picking them up etc you just stop and go instantly-I like this. It is expensive and I try to forget how much we've paid for a Hoover but our brief is a long one and it rocks all our boxes and its power on our long pile carpet (that we thought was clean!) is astondounding and after only one Hoover our carpets look so much better.

Cat Mate 4 Way Locking Cat Flap with Door Liner to 50mm - White
Cat Mate 4 Way Locking Cat Flap with Door Liner to 50mm - White
Offered by Pettec

5.0 out of 5 stars Draught free, streamline cat flap-best we have had, 6 Oct. 2014
Very happy with this cat flap. Had been looking for a long time for a 'draught free' one as our cat flap makes for a breasy kitchen. Bought this due to the positive reviews and it hadn't disappointed, it's very streamline and fits flush to the door unlike some other bulky ones so looks neat. Best of all it stays closed and stops draughts which is what we wanted.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy head pillow for changing mat, 6 Oct. 2014
This has been great for Little boys head whilst in his changing mat. Only negative is that I chose blue and pink arrived

Qualtex Dust Bags For Miele Cat & Dog TT Vacuum Cleaners Pack of 10
Qualtex Dust Bags For Miele Cat & Dog TT Vacuum Cleaners Pack of 10
Offered by First4Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Meile dust bags at half the price, 6 Oct. 2014
We now buy these instead of the meile ones as they do exactly the same job at half the price, great value for money.

VonShef Baby Food Maker Combined 2-in-1 Baby Food Steamer and Blender
VonShef Baby Food Maker Combined 2-in-1 Baby Food Steamer and Blender

5.0 out of 5 stars Life's complicated enough with a baby Vonchef makes it that little bit simpler :0), 6 Oct. 2014
I was determined to make my own baby food but buying it is admittedly so much easier! My little boy is 5 months and I made a big batch of varying vegetables. By the end if used all my pans,several containers and a hand blender which was a little messy-what a faff! The consistency wasn't great either as it was quite thick and still had lumps in. To add add indult to injury he didn't like eating it!
I then saw this and read the reviews and bought it. What a wonderful little machine. It's so simple to use. Put chopped veggies in, turn the timer on and carry in with the day. 20-30 mins later perfectly steamed veg. Then just turn to purée and it blends to a lovely creamy purée consistency-no bits! I'm very very happy with this and am now making lots of fresh meals.

Duronic [Black] VC6 /B [ A Class] Bagless Upright Handheld Stick Vac / Vacuum Cleaner - FREE brush Head & Crevice Tool - Convert from Upright to Hand Held in Seconds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness is a Vacuum Cleaner called Duronic, 8 Jan. 2014
I have a Miele as our main vacuum and I love it. I've been looking for so e time for a light, portable handheld one to be able to do a 'quick tidy' rather than having to haul the big one out. This has been even more important recently as I'm pregnant and suffering with a bad back and pelvis making housework painful.
I saw the reviews on the Duronic and the the price and thought it can't be right!? Every review was raving about how great it was and I knew that was the handheld for me.
It arrived today and I'm a guppy bunny, it's lovely and lives up to its reviewed reputation. It's light, easy to set up and use and turns into a hand held with one click. It's so light which is perfect for me in my current position.
We have 2 dogs, 3 cats and lots of shoes in and out and it's picked up loads of dirt and bits today, I was surprised how powerful it was.

Very happy with my purchase.

Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine - Gloss Black
Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine - Gloss Black
Offered by Zob 'n' Saf

5.0 out of 5 stars Your kitchen needs this! :0 ), 25 April 2013
I've had a nescafe docle gusto for years, bought it when they first came on the market and liked it but it had a couple of niggles...tastes slightly artificial and it doesnt pre measure so you have to gauge how much you need of each.
Now the tassimo....love! Brilliant range of drinks, taste lovely, not artifical. It's easy to use and it does it all for you, no wondering how long to hold it down for on each pod. As it measures the bar code of each dirnk you get the perfect measurements every time. A must for all kitchens.

Buy it you will not be dissapointed x

Rena's Promise: Two Sisters in Auschwitz
Rena's Promise: Two Sisters in Auschwitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this and no-one should ever forget, 14 Aug. 2012
I am an avid reader of anything Holocaust/ WW2.
My fascination (I mean that from a historical perspective)started when I visited Anne Frank's house as a 12 year old girl, i'm now 34. From then on I wanted to know more and my interest grew. In 2007 I decided I needed to visit Auschwitz and took my mum. Poland and Krakow are beautiful places and visiting Auschwitz is a surreal experience and one that will stay with me forever. It is like walking round a movie set, sadly so real, and it is very hard to comprehend what happened, you have to keep reminding yourself it is real and millions of people lost their lives here. To see the rooms full from floor to ceiling of suitcases, hair, glasses, teeth, clothing,the ash pits and crematoriums is mind blowing, I cannot find the words to describe. I promised myself I would/will go back as it is too much to take in. I you have the opportunity to go, please visit, I think everyone should see the true horror and scale of Auschwitz.
I still to this day cannot beleive what the Germans did and believe the Holocaust should be taught in today's National Curicculum. Everyone should know what happened and no-one should ever be allowed to forget.
Rena's promise is a wonderfully written but sad story of which I couldn't put down and read in a day. Her courage, endurance, strength of character and will are ones that kept her and her sister alive. I was screaming at her to go into hiding and not given herself in, snd then to see her sister, having done the same! I felt every emotion there is to feel whilst reading this book and no-one can comprehend what it was like or the horrors people saw, felt and lived through. I have read alot of books on this subject but this is the best by far. Thank you for sharting your story Rena.

Other books I would reccomend are; Five chimmneys, The man who broke into Auschwitz, Alicia and Eva's story. 'The Last Album' is a wonderful but sad book of all the photos found in the pocessions at Auschwitz.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4