Profile for Granniefae > Reviews

Content by Granniefae

Granniefae

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Merrell Womens Azura Mid Gore-Tex Trekking and Hiking Shoes J24314 Castle Rock/Purple 5 UK, 38 EU
Offered by Springfield Camping Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars ... found that the Merrell last suits my feet much better than any other brand, 22 Feb. 2015
I have always found that the Merrell last suits my feet much better than any other brand, but this won't be the same for everyone. Te boots fit well and are very comfortable. The only criticism I have of the boots is about the soles. As my son has found with his Merrell shoes, woe betide you if you walk over metal manhole covers when they are wet. There is absolutely no traction at all. I slipped, one foot after the other, on one about a fortnight ago, and landed on my kneecaps. Fortunately, no lasting damage was done in this instance, but BEWARE, if you plan to wear these boots anywhere other than in the countryside.

Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller

4.0 out of 5 stars and was recommended this repeller by a colleague of one of my ..., 15 Nov. 2014
I have tried in vain, with various powders, to ward off the nuisance cats, and was recommended this repeller by a colleague of one of my sons. I bought two, one each for back and front and, miraculously I have only had to remove a maximum of two unwelcome piles, and repositioning seems to have sorted that (the little area of grass under the front room window is a funny shape, so it is difficult to enable the repeller to fully scan. It is very easy to assemble.

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy
The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy

4.0 out of 5 stars it was a wonderful read. It is another example of how human ..., 22 Oct. 2014
A captivating read. I wished that I had had The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry alongside so that I could refer back properly to what happened during each stage his postcards were referring to, but , nevertheless, it was a wonderful read. It is another example of how human beings can be transformed by, or can show their true personalities when faced with , the needs of other human beings. Miss Queenie Hennessy has to live with the mistakes she makes in her earlier life, which is bound up with Harold Fry's, but, eventually, she is able to 'rest in peace and rise to life eternal'. Such a powerful ending, too.

Is the Vicar in, Pet?: From the Pit to the Pulpit - My Childhood in a Geordie Vicarage
by Barbara Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this little book, 9 Sept. 2014
I enjoyed this little book. It's good light reading. I had a particular interest as it was my family who moved into Seaton Hirst vicarage after the Goftons moved to their next parish. Anyone who remembers Ashington from those days, or who has an interest in things north-eastern, will read this with affection.

Severin Titanium Jug Kettle, 1.2 Litre, Black
Severin Titanium Jug Kettle, 1.2 Litre, Black
Offered by diy-applianceparts

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my purchase, 7 Aug. 2014
I now live on my own, so didn't need to use the cumbersome 1.6 litre kettle, in use before. i'm good at putting in just over the amount of water needed, which still only slightly fills this kettle, but it is so much lighter to use and is stylish to look at. Yes, it does take a while to boil up, which is why I haven't given it a 5, but, to me, the advantages far outweigh that slight disadvantage. The other advantage is that it is independent of the power supply, unlike a travel jug.

Juliana Silverplated 4 x 6 Inch Double Photo Frame
Juliana Silverplated 4 x 6 Inch Double Photo Frame
Offered by The Emporium Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014
exactly what I wanted. smooth surfaces to match the ones I already had.

HP Print Plugin
HP Print Plugin

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked straightaway, 26 May 2014
This review is from: HP Print Plugin (App)
I'm not technosavvy, and my husband isn't here to help me any more, so I was a bit anxious about being able to use this plug-in to enable my kindle fire to command the printer to print. No problem........

Tefal Minipro Multi-Function Chopper - 500 Watt
Tefal Minipro Multi-Function Chopper - 500 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and efficient, and worth every penny., 23 Feb. 2014
I have found this easy to operate and to clean, though you do have to watch out when you're washing up as the blades are extremely sharp. At least the blades and the post can be removed completely, so the bowl part can be thoroughly cleared of food, unlike my liquidiser. There are two different settings...coarse and fine, which proved ideal for re-introducing my husband's stomach to anything with more substance than a mousse, as he was making progress following palliative chemo for an oesophago-gastric tumour. Form his point of view, it is almost redundant now, but it is here if we need to use it again for him in the future. Of course, it's available for other things as well!

Windows 8.1 for Seniors For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Windows 8.1 for Seniors For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
by Peter Weverka

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 23 Feb. 2014
We have both just acquired new computers, both with Windows 8, which is quite different from Vista and Windows 7, and were having huge problems. My husband has found this book, with its step-by-step approach, extremely informative and helpful. I'm lagging behind, because I'm lazy, and still rely on my iPad, but I have also referred to it and found it easy to follow successfully.

Minding Frankie
Minding Frankie

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Minding Frankie (Kindle Edition)
Magee Binchy has, once again written a novel full of characters whose lives become inextricably woven together. She always manages to keep the flow going in the main story, whilst fleshing out all the individual characteristics of each person. She obviously has great affection for all her subjects. I was really eager to return to the book to see the next development, and was kept in suspense with the unexpected twist, awaiting the outcome.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4