Profile for Ragiggman > Reviews

Content by Ragiggman

Ragiggman

Strontium Nitro 566 X 64 GB MicroSDXC UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter and Card Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 24 Sept. 2015
Works just fine in my Galaxy S3. Considering that you get a USB adapter for free, this has to be a good deal.

Only An Alligator (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Only An Alligator (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Steve Aylett

5.0 out of 5 stars reading this book feels like your brain is standing in a word tunnel, 23 July 2015
Have you ever seen a photo of someone's face when they are standing in a wind tunnel? Well, reading this book feels like your brain is standing in a word tunnel. It is a fizzing, sparkling roller-coaster. At first the fantastic story seems to have aspects of a confused, almost "stream-of-consciousness" style - but once you have discarded any preconceptions then you can relax into it and just enjoy the ride - which is very much worth the effort. The book is filled with literary wit, irony, and some very bizarre touches. I really enjoyed it and will read the sequels.

1 Pair Wiper Blade Rubber Refills 600mm (24") Universal Commercial Accessories
1 Pair Wiper Blade Rubber Refills 600mm (24") Universal Commercial Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product, at a good price, 11 Jun. 2015
An inexpensive way to refill worn wipers. For my car I had to prise apart the wiper blade "claws" a bit to get the refill to fit through, but that's not difficult. A good product, at a good price, well packaged.

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU

4.0 out of 5 stars ... suppliers (that advertise as "Genuine Samsung") and being very disappointed, I was relieved to find that the Anker ..., 5 Dec. 2014
Having tried other suppliers (that advertise as "Genuine Samsung") and being very disappointed, I was relieved to find that the Anker product seems to have significantly extended the battery life of my phone. Now I can again watch a movie on the train, or on a working day expect my battery to last until I get home in the evening without a recharge.

God of Clocks (Deepgate Codex)
God of Clocks (Deepgate Codex)
by Alan Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding, 9 May 2014
A superb and fitting conclusion to the Deepgate trilogy. Absolutely "un-put-downable". If you thought jaw-dropping fantasy was a thing of the past, then think again!

Anthem Of The Sun
Anthem Of The Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem., 9 May 2014
This review is from: Anthem Of The Sun (MP3 Download)
I was too young to experience the Grateful Dead as it was happening, so it is only in later life that I have discovered what a totally unique and amazing sound they had. This was recommended by another reviewer as a good introduction to their music, and I would agree completely. If their strange psychedelic fusion of musical styles confuses you at first, give it time. It's well worth worth it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Using D-Link DCS-932L just for fun, 1 Sept. 2012
The D-Link Wireless Securicam is very reasonably priced, and "does what it says on the tin".

It came well packaged, with instructions on CD-ROM. Set up was quite easy to follow, and it all seemed as automated as it could be. I was a bit confused as why it didn't work right away - until I remembered that I had set my wireless router to only talk to a list of "trusted" MAC addresses (doh!). I added the MAC address of the webcam to my trusted list (it's printed on the back of the unit), then rebooted the router and it worked immediately. The frame rate and resolution are what you expect, and the night-vision mode works just fine. Getting a D-Link account, and accessing the cam from any internet connected device with a browser is very easy. I was delighted to find that my Android smartphone has an app for it - that works great too.

One minor criticism is the ball-and-socket mounting is part metal, part plastic, and even when screwed up to the max was not really up to holding the unit firmly in the chosen position. I solved this by inserting a thin metal "shim" between the ball and socket so allowing the screw to apply just a little more pressure.

Overall, good value - great just for fun, or would make a cheap & effective home surveillance facility.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2012 6:50 PM BST