Profile for BD > Reviews

MRA-Vario Touring Screen Tiger 1050, 07- smoke
MRA-Vario Touring Screen Tiger 1050, 07- smoke
Offered by Motokay SCP

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Value..., 30 Jun. 2012
I am a biker with experience spanning over three decades, who has owned a wide range of machines from road going adventure/enduro's, sports tourers, litre sports bikes and cruisers.

I purchased a MRA-Vario screen for my Triumph Tiger in an attempt to improve the wind blast.

Quality 5/5 - A well engineered product. Spoiler mechanism impressive and well made. Never moved during use. Plastic felt like it would stand up to road debris well. Instructions clear too.

Fitment 4/5 - Overall easy to fit and lined up well with the standard holes, no extra drilling required. The holes nearest the headlights were a bit fiddly to line up and get right though.

Operation 3/5 - Disappointed to be honest. I don't think it improved the wind flow. Maybe at 6ft 3ins I am too tall for the screen to work on the Triumph Tiger. I found with the spoiler in fully extended position, the airflow generated a lot of low frequency vibration on my visor which actually began to blur my vision. I found the only position that worked ok was with the spoiler in its lowest position and then it was only the same as the standard screen. I tried lowering the seat to see if this would help, but this had little noticeable effect.

Summary - After using the MRA for a couple of months I decided it wasn't working for me, and I removed it and put the standard screen back on. In my experience, I think the MRA-Vario is a bit overpriced for something with little improvement. I know some riders swear by them, but for me and my Tiger it didn't work.

MRA-Vario Touring Screen Tiger 1050, 07- clear

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited effectiveness..., 30 Jun. 2012

Pinlock Replacement Lens CX1/CX1V Amber 000001
Pinlock Replacement Lens CX1/CX1V Amber 000001
Offered by North West Motorcycles Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit a Pinlock visor and say goodbye to fogging 100%, 30 Jun. 2012
I am a biker with experience spanning over three decades, who has owned a wide range of lids including AGV, Arai, Caberg, Shoei, Dainese, HJC, OGK and KBC riding in all weathers.

I have tried many visor anti fog treatments and spray products over the years and most of them are a complete waste of money, but I am happy to report that is not the case with the Pinlock system.

Provided you have a Pinlock insert compatible visor, carefully install one these inserts to form a seal on the inside as per the instructions and you are done, with no further adjustment needed. I had a Pinlock insert and Visor fitted to my own lid for over 6 years and not once did the product let me down in any weather conditions. No leakage, no fogging, no problems. I decided to fit a light tint insert which takes the glare away in bright sunshine but still leaves good visibility for darker light conditions and evening riding. This also removes the need to carry a separate visor, and keeps plod happy too! I am so convinced of the Pinlock system that I think all helmet manufacturers should fit their lids with 'Pinlock ready' visors as standard.

Don't waste your money on a series of cheap products that claim to deal with visor fogging, such as sprays and wipes, invest in the pinlock system, and your initial outlay will soon pay for itself, compared to buying lots of cheap products which basically do not work.

Shoei Pinlock Antifog Visor Insert Dark Smoke XR1100 Xspirit2 Qwest
Shoei Pinlock Antifog Visor Insert Dark Smoke XR1100 Xspirit2 Qwest
Offered by MSG Bike Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pinlock system is foolproof and it works 100%, 30 Jun. 2012

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 1:12 PM GMT

Nitro G-Mac Syko Takachi Swift DARK SMOKE Anti Fog Helmet Pinlock Insert
Nitro G-Mac Syko Takachi Swift DARK SMOKE Anti Fog Helmet Pinlock Insert
Offered by Martial Arts direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit a Pinlock visor and insert and eliminate fogging 100%, 30 Jun. 2012

Pinlock Race Universal High Def-Yellow CX1V 000024
Pinlock Race Universal High Def-Yellow CX1V 000024

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word, brilliant., 30 Jun. 2012

Shoei Pinlock Anti fog Visor Insert Dark Smoke Replacement CX1 CX-1V
Shoei Pinlock Anti fog Visor Insert Dark Smoke Replacement CX1 CX-1V

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pinlock system works, it is that simple, 30 Jun. 2012

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited effectiveness in UK weather, 30 Jun. 2012
I am a biker with experience spanning over three decades, who has ridden in all weathers across the northern hemisphere, and I have tried many visor anti fog treatments and products over the years and most of them are a waste of money, which sadly in my humble opinion includes this one.

I acknowledge at one point the Bob Heath spray was considered a market leader, but compared to more recently developed anti fog visor products, it has very limited effectiveness especially in muggy wet UK weather. One deep breath outwards and I couldn't see a thing and I found myself having to ride with a slit open at the bottom of the visor letting in cold air and rain which defeats the object really.

My advice is to invest in the pinlock visor system or get a fog city insert, and your initial outlay will soon pay for itself, especially compared to buying lots of average products which do not live up to their claims.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20