Profile for BD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Oxford X50 Lifetime Panniers
Oxford X50 Lifetime Panniers
Price: £124.49 - £141.96

5.0 out of 5 stars You can trust Oxford to deliver a quality product..., 4 July 2012
I am a biker with experience spanning over three decades, who has owned a wide range of machines from road going adventure/enduro's, sports tourers, litre sports bikes and cruisers.

I have put my faith in Oxford Panniers on countless occasions on many tours, and I have never, not once been disappointed. I have strapped them onto (amongst others) a Bandit 1200/600, Triumph Daytona, Triumph Tiger, Yamaha Diversion 600 and a YZF600R, and an ER5.

Quality 4.5/5 - Overall a well designed and engineered product. A strong standard of manufacture which lasts and compared to some soft luggage panniers you can buy, do not detract from the looks of the bike too much. I also found that aerodynamically only the Triumph Daytona seemed affected by them with a slight weave developing in certain conditions. Other than this, the zips looked great on day one and still do, and none have ever broken or failed. No stitching or edging has ever failed either. The supplied waterproof covers have elasticated edges which are only partially successful. I found for them to stay snug at motorway speeds, I used a bungee chord wrapped around them helped them stay on otherwise they flap about at the back of the bike. Speaking of bungee chords, I experienced a couple of bungee chord failures with the ones supplied with the panniers. I replaced them with non oxford items which are still in use to this day, but they lose a mark for this and the waterproof covers. I also found depending on the shape of the rear body work of your bike, even though the panniers have got a soft backing pad on them, it is worth putting something between the panels and the pannier backs to prevent these panels being marked up a little bit where the panniers might 'rub'..

Fitment 4/5 - Overall easy to mount to your bike. I would recommend mounting them empty first and then filling them up, otherwise you will end up having to balance two panniers on each side, full up and heavy, and try to attach the three velcro straps to each other at the same time! Also it is worth mentioning that you are supposed to mount them with the thinner end of the pannier at the rear of the bike in a majority of cases. I put one pair of velcro straps underneath the seat and the other two above the seat. My only slight niggle is that on some bikes they are not long enough to meet across the bike and when not in use, there is no way of keeping the unused velcro straps out of the way. Also as these panniers are not a permanent fixture, you might have to jiggle them about in order to clear indicators and exhausts, but when you have done it a couple of times, it becomes second nature how best to fit them to your own bike.

Operation 5/5 - Once fitted the panniers always stayed put, and didn't wobble about or move on the bike. The Zips are good quality and have never got stuck or broken. They were also good enough to keep contents dry during a light shower and moderate rain, but above this I recommend the waterproof covers. Edges and seams continue to stay intact and durable and strong water resistance, and after many years use, no sign of any fabric fraying or splitting. I have never had to go back to a dealer with a warranty issue. Perhaps Oxford made them too well because I have no intention of replacing them any time soon!

Summary 4.5/5 - After using these across several bikes from different manufacturer, I was never disappointed. I used them in all weathers and experienced no problems or let downs and they proved durable. Oxford have a good reputation within the soft luggage market, and based upon my own ownership experiences, it is fully deserved, you can buy Oxford panniers (and their other soft luggage products too for that matter!) with 100% confidence.

OXFORD LIFETIME MOTORCYCLE LUGGAGE X60 PANNIERS, RED

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good design..., 4 July 2012

OXFORD X50 LIFETIME MOTORCYCLE LUGGAGE - PANNIERS, ANTHRACITE
OXFORD X50 LIFETIME MOTORCYCLE LUGGAGE - PANNIERS, ANTHRACITE
Offered by MSG Bike Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars I have used Oxford panniers for almost two decades so lifetime, does mean lifetime..., 4 July 2012

OXFORD LIFETIME MOTORCYCLE LUGGAGE X60 PANNIERS, BLUE

WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
WURTH BRAKE AND CHAIN CLEANER 500MLS MOTORCYCLES
Offered by RBM Industrial Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product..., 4 July 2012

I bought this as my Tiger failed its MOT with a partially seized rear caliper, so after removal i cleaned the caliper down with this stuff and the muck came off so easily it was effortless. It revealed the seals had gone on the pots, so I was able order the parts and get my bike through the MOT no problem.

Every biker should have this in their toolbox.

BIKEIT TANK PAD CARBON SPINE: TANK PADS
BIKEIT TANK PAD CARBON SPINE: TANK PADS
Offered by arwmotorcycles

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good design..., 4 July 2012
I am a biker with experience spanning over three decades, who has owned a wide range of machines from road going adventure/enduro's, sports tourers, litre sports bikes and cruisers, and toured all over the northern hemisphere. I whole heartedly agree with the previous reviewer. I bought one for a sports bike I used to own and I found the item easy to apply, effective in use and unlike some 'carbon' products, the finish on this was great and looked good. Easily recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20