Profile for Jagger > Reviews

Content by Jagger

Jagger

Virtue's Last Reward (Nintendo 3DS)
Virtue's Last Reward (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE GAME EXPERIENCE, 11 Dec. 2012
I pre-ordered this for my 18 years old daughter so here is her review:

--- PLAYING 999 BEFORE VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD ---

I played 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors this summer and since then, I have been so excited waiting for this release. 999 and Virtue's Last Reward are two of my favourite DS/3DS games (maybe the best games I have ever played).
After 35 hours, I have reached the end and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND PLAYING 999 BEFORE PLAYING VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD. It is not necessary but in my opinion, you enjoy more the game and 999 can be bought here on Amazon too.

--- MY NO EXPERIENCE WITH THE FAMOUS BUG ---

After this, I have to say that I HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED THE FAMOUS BUG that corrupts your files everyone talks about. I have been very careful every time I had to save the game and I have always done it when I was in Novel parts (never inside an Escape part). My game only froze when I was in the Archive Room playing a Die puzzle. Fortunately, all I had to do was turn off my 3DS, turn it on again and continue the game from my last saved point. I don't know if my saving advice will be useful but in my case it was (or I was very lucky). I really hope you won't experience the bug either.

--- GAME CONTENT REVIEW ---

About the storyline, there haven't enough words to describe it, IT IS JUST INCREDIBLE. It hasn't deceived me in any aspect. There are many mysteries and you are so excited about finishing the game that you can't stop playing it. The end is epic and every minute dedicated to get it was worth it. You have to replay the game again and again but, if something has been read before, you can skip it (or make jumps on the Flow chart) so you never get bored.
Anyway, I think it is not a plot for everyone. There are many deaths and hard situations and you have to be prepared to assume them. Furthermore, quantum physics and complicated topics are habitual. But well, if it doesn't matter to you (since you played 999 I suppose), it will be ok. I enjoyed all the conversations a lot and I think they are necessary in the game.
Another topic is the interactive part. The puzzles are very interesting. Some of them are easy but usually you have to think if you can't beat them. I am sure that if you like puzzle games, you will have a very nice time solving them. Moreover, you have to make a lot of choices that take you to different endings.

--- I WILL RECOMMEND IT TO... ---

I will recommend the game to anyone who loves reading (and almost living) thrilling stories, and enjoyed games like Another Code, Hotel Dusk, the Phoenix Wright saga or the Professor Layton games.
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward are THE BEST INTERACTIVE NOVELS I have played. I hope this review helped, and I hope you will buy and enjoy this game too.