Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer
Helpful Votes: 2070

Amazon Customer (somewhere in west europe)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food
Sophie Grigson's Sunshine Food
by Sophie Grigson

5.0 out of 5 stars her best book, 9 Oct. 2013
I have EVERY SINGLE ONE of Sophie Grigson's book, and believe me, this is her best. It is the only one I come back to again and again. The recipes are (mostly) gorgeous. There are some truly stunning dishes, ones that I keep on returning to. And they all seem so HEALTHY too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2014 4:16 PM BST

Classic Words Plus
Classic Words Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, great fun, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Classic Words Plus (App)
An excellent game that keeps me busy. You have to work very hard to beat it at the hardest level, but you can do it, and the rush you get is fantastic.

ADD: I love the modification in the updated version of the app that allows you to see the best move that the computer would've done. But beware, sometimes this can prompt you in your next move, using the computer's suggestion. However, overall, this modification DOES encourage you to think about your next move - it's always nice to be told that you have done the best move and the computer couldn't find a better move.

Breaking Bad - Season 1 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect viewing, 20 Aug. 2013
If there is one thing that makes Netflix a force to be reckoned with it's this. This is perfect TV. The plot, the acting, the editing, the cinematography ... they all combine to make something hilarious, insightful, painful, cringe-worthy ... in each single episode. Perfect. I WANT MORE!

House of Cards - Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
House of Cards - Season 1 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars riveting, 17 Aug. 2013
This series is absolutely riveting stuff, from start to finish. It's impossible to watch one episode alone - you will need to watch the next, and the next, and the next. Spacey is perfection. Wright, his wife, is inspired casting - the hard-faced cow you manage to empathise with. But it's odd how Netflix, who produced this, also managed to barf up "Hemlock Grove", a mess of a series that is the complete opposite of "House of Cards".

Blindsighted: (Grant County series 1)
Blindsighted: (Grant County series 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars good and bad points, 29 July 2013
I really, really wanted to like this book, but I just didn't. For a start I didn't believe the dialogue; I just couldn't imagine actual people saying this stuff. Secondly, there are clues and red herrings and plot pointers. They were all just there, set up and waiting. The most obvious was the ridiculous chat about swimming ability whilst owning a boat. Believe me, that wasn't a spoiler.

However, there are good points to this book. The author DOES have a way with words and a nice turn of phrase. I haven't read any of her other books but I am willing to give her a second chance. And I did like that some of the characters are just plan unlikeable. That's rare, when most writers feel that you have to empathise with their creations.

The trouble, though, is that I just didn't enjoy this book. I didn't like the plot. There wasn't enough death. It WAS her first after all, but for me it was unfinishable.

The seed is definitely there, and I am hoping it flourishes.

Razor Blades, Little Pills, Big Pianos
Razor Blades, Little Pills, Big Pianos

5.0 out of 5 stars all round excellent, 26 July 2013
Great selection, beautifully performed, extremely well recorded. An excellent album. And these are the extra words I need in order to publish.

Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version
Microsoft Windows 8 Standard 64 bit OEM, WN7-00403, English Version

1.0 out of 5 stars i wish i could give this a minus number, 15 July 2013
Window 7 was good. Windows 8 is rubbish.

To be more specific, Windows 8 is just Windows 7 with lots of counterintuitive screens you are forced to navigate through in order to get to Windows 7. Don't let anyone tell you it's anything different. It isn't.

I absolutely HATE Windows 8. When Microsoft "upgraded" Windows 7 they actually downgraded it, making it harder to use, not suitable for non-touchscreen PCs or laptops, troublesome, counterintuitive (as I've said) and almost like working with TWO SEPARATE operating systems.

Avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2013 8:35 PM BST

Beau Soir
Beau Soir

4.0 out of 5 stars nice album, great choices but TOO MUCH BREATH, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Beau Soir (Audio CD)
A lovely album. The music selection is gorgeous, the playing is gorgeous. The only problem is the recording. I CAN HEAR EVER SINGLE BREATH THE VIOLINIST TAKES! It becomes distracting to the point that I'm worried if I don't hear her.

Vibrator = beautiful + wide + slow = perfect.

Good +++

well worth dollars.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Jeremy Renner

4.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly entertaining, 25 Jun. 2013
Okay, so I hadn't been tracking what films LoveFilm would send out, and was surprised when this arrived on my doorstep. But what a film. Surprisingly watchable. Disappointingly short. The witches were fantastic, actually quite believable. The plot complete and utter nonsense, but engaging and attractive despite this. The lead characters - inspired casting. The music score - always my biggest concern - only so-so. Hans Zimmer was supposably some sort of "consultant" in this. BUT!!! The 3-D effects!!! Absolutely perfect. I actually ducked down a few times. You know what I mean.

Would I watch again? YES, and I want to. A good film. Watch it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2013 1:22 PM BST

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters [DVD]
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Renner
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly entertaining, 25 Jun. 2013

Would I watch again? YES, and I want to. A good film. Watch it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20