Profile for Captain Nemo > Reviews

Bosch TWK7601GB Village Collection Kettle, 1.7 L - White
Bosch TWK7601GB Village Collection Kettle, 1.7 L - White
Offered by Unity J Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrid Plasticy Taste, 24 July 2015
Having discovered that most English electic kettles are now made in China, where they use very low-grade plastic that makes any drink made from that kettle taste 'plasticy', I thought I'd try a German kettle. I mistakenly believed that the Germans took pride in their work. Unfortunately this kettle is as bad as the English one I'd previously bought.

I don't know what to do. The French are supposed to be a nation of gourmets - does anyone know what French kettles are like?

If You Want to Write: A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit
If You Want to Write: A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit
by Brenda Ueland

3.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful edition, 23 Sept. 2010
I'm not commenting on the book - just this particular edition by BN publishing. I've never encountered so many typos in one book in my life. I can't believe it was proof-read - unless the proofreader was dyslexic. There are countless blank lines interrupting the flow of the text.

Here are some examples of the errors I've found:
Chapter 7 - Be carless... should read 'Be careless'.
Chapter 12 - Art is inflection ... should read 'Art is infection'.

There is no information about either the book or the author. From Wikipedia I find that Brenda Euland was born October 24, 1891 and wrote this book in 1938. The only date I can find in this edition is "Copyright 2008 - BN Publishing".

If you want to buy this book, fine - just look for another edition, like the Graywolf Press maybe.