Profile for Mr. G. W. Griffiths > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. W. Grif...

Mr. G. W. Griffiths "gazzington" (wales)

Hey Venus!
Hey Venus!

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutly brilliant, 29 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Hey Venus! (Audio CD)
I will come clean and state that I am a big fan of this band, but I must admit that I was a little disappointed with this album when I first heard it back in the summer. It did not have any of those rock/techno/dub hybrids that this amazing band have produced in the past (slow life, piccalo snare, Receptacle For The Respectable etc). However after months of listening it has become clear that this is the most perfectly concise album that they have yet produced. There are no tracks that you will want to skip and it flows perfectly. I cannot understand people who complain about the ballads. The band have always written fantastic slow, lush songs so why would they write an album of fast paced rockers?

Anyhow, this for me is the best album of 2007 and everybody should buy it and make this much over looked band more well known.

Sleep / Holiday
Sleep / Holiday
Offered by EHFIGHTBACK

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutly one of the best, 14 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Sleep / Holiday (Audio CD)
When I first listened to this album, I found it pleasent enough but didn't think that I would come back to it that often. However, I found that I eneded up listening to it every day for a couple of months. I suddenly came to the conclusion that it is one of my favourite albums of all time. I must admit that I did like all the other Gorky albums also, but this one took a bit longer to absorb. I know that Euros Childs has a solo album out soon. Have Gorky's split up? I hope not anyhow.

Road To Rouen
Road To Rouen
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars road to victory, 17 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Road To Rouen (Audio CD)
When I first listened to the album, I found it to be a bit of a let down. However, as I listened to it again and again I have found that even though it only has 9 songs; they are all to a high quality. It is rare these days that I will listen to an album from start to finish without skipping any songs, but this album does not have any filler in my view.
Hope they continue to release music well in to the future.