Profile for scottishfi > Reviews

Content by scottishfi

scottishfi "Fiona" (Perthshire, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BLACK+DECKER FSMP20 Steam Mop Replacement Pads - Pack of 2
BLACK+DECKER FSMP20 Steam Mop Replacement Pads - Pack of 2
Offered by VacMagic

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, 14 Dec. 2015
These aren't B&D products which it is listed as. They're cheap "made in China" versions, produced by Vivo.

TECHGEAR® Apple iPad Mini 3, Mini 2 & Mini GLASS Edition Genuine Tempered Glass Screen Protector Guard Cover
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Packaging fine but the protector was smashed. A few reviews like this now so I'm going to try a different brand!, 11 May 2015
Smashed

Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband  - Black, Large
Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband - Black, Large
Offered by SupremeDealsEU

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun to use, but inaccurate, 26 Feb. 2015
Have been using this for 2 weeks now. I prefer it to my Polar HRM which came with an annoying band you had to wrap around your chest before a workout. The heart rate on the Fitbit is relatively accurate - within around 5bpm according to the treadmill I use. However the distance is not at all accurate when it comes to running. Perhaps it's just not as accurate on treadmills - maybe it'll work better on road running, but on a short 3.5km treadmill run, the Fitbit has been out by 0.8K one day, and 1.0K yesterday, which is really disappointing. So I need to take the distance stats with a pinch (or bottle) of salt.
I also wonder how robust it's going to be in the long run. Within the first 24 hours I had to reset the Fitbit as the display stopped working. A few days later I had to reset it as it had stopped syncing with my iphone. It has been fine for the past 10 days though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I guess I'm still happy with my purchase and I'll still keep using it (it cost £120 after all!). Perhaps I was expecting too much!

Diono Stuff 'n Scuff Car Seat Back Protector (Black)
Diono Stuff 'n Scuff Car Seat Back Protector (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite flimsy and easily ripped by a toddler, 18 Sept. 2014
Bought this 6-8 months ago. Was working ok, apart from the clips at the bottom of the protector coming loose quite often, which was annoying. It now has a terminal injury...my 2 year old grabbed at the top edge of it and has managed to rip it, so the thin material is all frayed, and the edge of it is warped, so I now need to shop for a different style which is more hard wearing :(

The Bedtime Bear: A Pop-up Book for Bedtime (Tom and Bear)
The Bedtime Bear: A Pop-up Book for Bedtime (Tom and Bear)
by Ian Whybrow
Edition: Flexibound

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, 2 Mar. 2014
My 17 month old son loves this book but I hate it! Poetry is awful. Illustrations are good though. We've had it 4 months and it's now headed for the recycling bin as the flaps are wrecked. I'm glad. It means I no longer have to read it out to him and can hopefully find a better book!

Baby Travel Changing Mat with Head Rest Ideal for home or changing bag
Baby Travel Changing Mat with Head Rest Ideal for home or changing bag
Offered by N&star

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a newborn, 3 Nov. 2013
Bought this to replace a worn out changing mat. Have to say this one is only suitable for a newborn to 6 month old. It's too tiny for a 12 month old which is a pity. I almost laughed when I unwrapped it.

Wilton Decorating Triangle (Discontinued USE 417-1154)
Wilton Decorating Triangle (Discontinued USE 417-1154)
Offered by Toy Zany

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 1 Jun. 2013
Excellent. Good quality. Does the job perfectly. Super cheap and not sure how they can make any money out of selling it and posting this!

Red Kite Baby Go Round Vroom Baby Zo
Red Kite Baby Go Round Vroom Baby Zo
Offered by Deal_Buyer

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 1 Jun. 2013
Didn't buy this from amazon, but at a recent Asda baby event week - for a very cheap £15. Anyway after 5 days of use I had to restitch one of the seams as it had come apart! Today I've just had to restitch the main seam in the crotch area of the baby seat!!! Really poorly made. I would have thought it would have been made sturdy enough to handle a baby, but obviously not. At £15 I got a bargain but I'm still annoyed at the workmanship. Also one other bugbear - the on/off switch for the music is underneath the panel which clips in and it's impossible to switch it off once the panel is in place.

Good Night, Gorilla
Good Night, Gorilla
by Peggy Rathmann

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this version!!, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Good Night, Gorilla (Paperback)
I bought this for part of a new baby present. I bought a different copy of this book (also from Amazon) for my baby 4-5 months ago, which was printed by Puffin books in the USA. I had no idea there would be such a difference in the print of the book. This version, which is printed by Egmont Press (printed & bound in Singapore) is simply awful. The Puffin version has a white border around each page, and the colours are bright but very pleasant. This version looks like they scanned in another copy of the book, slightly enlarged it and also got the colours well and truly wrong. It's hideous. I would normally return it, but I need the present tomorrow so am hoping the new mum finds it ok.
Don't get me wrong, I recommend the book - just don't buy this printed version. Look for the Puffin one.

Splash About Kids' Reusable Swim Happy Nappy - Navy/White Stripe, Medium (3 - 8 Months)

5.0 out of 5 stars V happy, 13 Feb. 2013
Bought these for my 4 month old son to take to his Water Babies class. They're easy to put on and keep everything contained! I use it in conjunction with Huggies swimming nappies which fit fine underneath it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3