Profile for Jacqueline Caparas > Reviews

Content by Jacqueline Caparas

Jacqueline Caparas

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gravity Is a Mystery (Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science: Stage 2 (Paperback))
Gravity Is a Mystery (Let's-Read-And-Find-Out Science: Stage 2 (Paperback))
by Franklyn Mansfi Branley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as learning supplement!, 24 Jun. 2013
The illustrations and typesetting captivates the kids' attention.

I do not homeschool my kids but, this book is a great learning supplement. I plan to buy the whole series.

What is the World Made of?: All About Solids, Liquids and Gases (Let's Read-&-find-out Science)
by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as learning supplement!, 24 Jun. 2013
The illustrations and typesetting captivates the kids' attention.

I do not homeschool my kids but, this book is a great learning supplement. It teaches the facts without forcing the topic. I plan to buy the whole series.

Let's Go! (Baby Einstein)
Let's Go! (Baby Einstein)
by Julie Aigner-Clark
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a thick and sturdy book with colorful illustrations., 10 Jun. 2013
My 2yr old son likes the colorful pictures. He actually likes to stay in the Cars section and points at the cars.

It is great that this is thick and sturdy which could withstand babies and toddlers' chewing and throwing phase.

Dr. Seuss's Beginner Book Collection
Dr. Seuss's Beginner Book Collection
by Dr Seuss

4.0 out of 5 stars Nonsense but funny!, 10 Jun. 2013
My almost 8yrs old thinks the stories are funny. She said Fox in Socks made her tongue "tired".

Hop on Pop is a great alternative to BOB books for reluctant readers. My almost 5yrs old does not like to read other books aside from her school text books but, she likes Hop on Pop as compared to the BOB books I previously bought for her.

My 2yrs old finds the pictures funny!

Water, Water Everywhere (Baby Einstein (Special Formats))
Water, Water Everywhere (Baby Einstein (Special Formats))
by Julie Aigner-Clark
Edition: Bath Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the child entertained and educated during bath time!, 2 Jun. 2013
My 2 yrs old son enjoys taking his bath especially now that he 'reads' a book during bath time! His older sisters (5 & 7) also read the book and they requested for me to buy more. The story isn't spectacular or classic but, it is good enough for my kids to read an English book (English is our 2nd language) rather than just playing in the tub.

Grammar Tales Box Set: A Rib-Tickling Collection of Read-Aloud Books That Teach 10 Essential Rules of Usage and Mechanics
by Scholastic Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and educational!, 29 May 2013
This box set is recommended to parents who need school supplements which are interesting. My 7yrs old daughter was laughing while I read When Comma Came to Town and Verb for Herb.

Your child will learn grammar while having fun with these books!

Junior Adventures Boxed Set of Kids' Books: Life Lessons with Junior
Junior Adventures Boxed Set of Kids' Books: Life Lessons with Junior
by Dave Ramsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Every families should have this!, 29 May 2013
I am an investor (stocks, mutual funds and real estate) and I would like my kids to be the same. I teach them personal finance concepts but of course since they're still young (2, 4 & 7yrs)I'm sure that these concepts will not sink in to their young minds yet. When I saw this boxed set, I knew that this will be a great starting point for them to get interested in personal finance.

We started with The Super Red Racer: Junior Discover Work and it was a hit with the 4 & 7yrs! The stories are quite long so I paraphrased it a little for our bedtime reading.

Titles:

The Super Red Racer: Junior Discovers Work
The Big Birthday Surprise: Junior Discovers Giving
My Fantastic Fieldtrip: Junior Discovers Saving
Careless at the Carnival: Junior Discovers Spending
A Special Thank You: Junior Discovers Integrity
Battle of the Chores: Junior Discovers Debt

Every families should have this!

Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes: and how she came to tell them
Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes: and how she came to tell them
by Alison Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended to the whole family!, 20 May 2013
My 7yrs old daughter enjoyed reading the book, by herself. On the other hand, my (almost) 5yrs old daughter enjoyed listening to our bedtime reading while my 2yrs old son had fun looking and pointing at the pictures.

This book is recommended to the whole family!

Spelling Workout, Level C
Spelling Workout, Level C
by Modern Curriculum Press

4.0 out of 5 stars Spelling Workout, Level C, 17 May 2013
I bought this for my 7yrs old daughter who has Spelling difficulties with long words. She will be in second grade in September. I do not home school but was looking for a Spelling activity/ supplement to help my daughter improve her spelling skills. I originally bought Spelling Workout, Level A but, I realized that it is better suited to my (almost) 5yrs old daughter hence I ordered Level B. I will wait for Level B to arrive and check if either B or C suits my 7yrs old.

It is commendable that the word lists were arranged by phonics. On another note, it would be better if the illustrations were colorful and if the pages have better paper quality. It would also help if the book comes with a Teacher's Guide.

Word Fun
Word Fun
by Michael Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a funny and educational book!, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Word Fun (Paperback)
My (almost) 5yrs old daughter likes the book's illustrations. On the other hand, my 7yrs old daughter finds the book funny and educational. She already knew nouns, verbs etc but, the book still interests her.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3