Profile for Steven Malloy > Reviews

Steven Malloy

Sony MDR1RNC Noise Cancelling Prestige Headphones - Black
Sony MDR1RNC Noise Cancelling Prestige Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously satisfied and zero complaints, 17 Nov. 2013
I got these for my recent birthday to replace a 10 year old cheap (but quite adequate) Maxell noise cancelling headphones. I do have a lot of sony products (TVs, surround sound, cameras, camcorders, playstations, etc.) one can always trust they just make a well thought out, well designed system. The headphones are extremely comfortable around the ear. Ergonomics, check! As a hobbyiest musician, sound has always been of the utmost importance to me. The speakers are neutral and transient and do not incorrectly color any type of music I have listened to (everything except house, techno and heavy/thrash metal). I have yet to try the noise cancelling on a plane, but will do so a transatlantic flight in a few weeks when I will get back to this review. In short. seriously satisfied and zero complaints.

Sennheiser HD280pro Closed Monitoring Headphones
Sennheiser HD280pro Closed Monitoring Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid performer, 19 May 2012
I have had these for 3 years now and they are simply solid. I play guitar (connected to iPad or iPhone using Amplitude) and they are very satisfying. Clear, crisp, and full bottom end. Closed back headphones are really the only way to go in my opinion to really isolate sound and they do this excellently as I am mowing my yard listening to tunes. I will definitely consider another Sennheiser headphone set with noise cancellation for plane travel as my old cheap Maxell's have finally died after nearly 10 years service.