Profile for L. Lockwood > Reviews

Content by L. Lockwood

L. Lockwood "lockwoodt1" (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Hannibal - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Hannibal - Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Mads Mikkelsen

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5, 29 July 2014
Not even halfway through this boxset and yet it's easily became my new favourite tv show ever.

Plague of the Cybermen (Doctor Who) (Dr Who)
Plague of the Cybermen (Doctor Who) (Dr Who)
by Justin Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read., 19 July 2014
The Doctor. A temporary companion. A village. Some villagers. Some royals. A castle. Catacombs. The Watchman. The Cybermen.

Don't these convince you enough to buy this?!

Ultraviolence
Ultraviolence
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Shades of Cool, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Ultraviolence (Audio CD)
This album is a musical piece of art. Not usually my thing but I am willing to make an exception for Lana. Every track on here is a masterpiece. The album is kicked off in exquisite fashion with 'Cruel Sea', and crafts the path for many other great tracks such as 'Shades of Cool' (Personal fave), 'Brooklyn Baby', 'Pretty When You Cry' and the hit single 'West Coast'. Ultimately one of the best records put out there in the relatively noisy last 6 months.

Recommend to everyone, even teenagers, men and women, boys and girls alike. Would give it 100* if I could.

Sheezus
Sheezus

5.0 out of 5 stars A 5-Star Studded return!, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Sheezus (Audio CD)
First there was Jeezus.
Next there came Yeezus.
But now, it's time for Sheezus.

Boy, this album sure doesn't disappoint, to sum it up easily, the first-half or so is a bit slow and a change of direction from the Lily we know, but as the album progresses, we get to see the album's character and I can't see why she's so disapponted with it, it's truly fantastic. To be honest, on 'Take My Place' a tear or two were let loose as it shows the real emotions this woman has, I think this is mainly about her miscarriage phase which makes it more emotive.

Higlights:
- 'Hard Out Here'

Sex And Love
Sex And Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, but very safe!, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Sex And Love (Audio CD)
I have streamed the entire album online only the once, and to be honest I haven't found any specific flaws with it. However, saying that, it's pretty clear there is no longer that Enrique we all knew about from 2001, that era has gone and now we are in a new age of endless Pitbull & RedOne collaberations, numerous (but infectious) dance melodies and at sometimes rather cringey innuendo lyrics. All those however, seem to weave this album together and there's no complaining for me. The singles are definitely representative of the LP on a whole so you can easily pre-judge this without actually hearing it in whole beforehand.

'I'm A Freak' is one of my favourite Enrique song of all time, so it is that song that has encouraged me to pick this up.

G I R L
G I R L
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: G I R L (Audio CD)
Just when I thought Pharrells chart-domineering era was over, he goes and released this gem. Honestly, I thought 'Happy' was going to be the best song on the album and there wouldn't be a point releasing a full-length LP.

Every song here has the potential to be a hit single.. And at £8.99, it's a bargain really!

Doctor Who - The Time of the Doctor & Other Eleventh Doctor Christmas Specials [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Value, 20 Jan. 2014
Fantasic episode and a fitting swansong for the 11th Doctor, grandly paving the way for Capaldi's debut in 2014.

The DVD comes with the other 11th doctor xmas specials on a seperate 2nd disc, thats 3 xmas episodes, on one disc, and the 'TIME OF THE DOCTOR' Disc (1) has the main feature and extra materials including a behind the scenes exploring the making of the story, and a BBC America exclusive to this UK Disc about the Doctor. There is also a Matt Smith as the Doctor tribute featurette.

So, since the price for the this would be the price for the single episode alone, there are actually 4 episodes for the price of one! so even if you do own the other specials, its also helpful so theres no flitting between discs AND youre not losing or gaining any money since they are technically free!

Shroud of Sorrow (Doctor Who) (Dr Who)
Shroud of Sorrow (Doctor Who) (Dr Who)
by Tommy Donbavand

5.0 out of 5 stars *SPILER-FREE* A Thrilling Read! (For fans anyway!), 19 Jan. 2014
This was my first Doctor Who novel which i bought on the 21st December 2013, it is now the 19th January 2014 and i am on my 3rd novel, all thanks to this beauty. I loved the historical theme and the characters we meet here are true gems. I cant praise this book enough for its thoroughness and page-turning story. The Shroud are a truly ingenious villain and the critically-rejected clowns add even more craziness to the mixture.

I can tell from some of the reviews left by others that this book is very much like Marmite, either you love it, or you hate it, there is no average.. for me, this is a FanFest of excellence with great tie-ins with the show.

Not gonna spoil anything, But there are references to almost EVERY companion (1963-2012)[previous to Clara]which add a hint of splendour to it.

Love it. Recommend more to 11s fans than anyone else. Buy it. Tommy Donbavand is a genious. I am reading 'Night Of The Humans' at the moment by David Llewellyn (11th doctor & Amy). Well into the novels, All thanks to this.

Regards,
Tom Lockwood.

Tribute [Standard]
Tribute [Standard]
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised!, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Tribute [Standard] (Audio CD)
John has a voice for literally ANY type of song, like you could give him anything to sing, and this is spectacularly demonstrated on this tremendous debut LP. Paying £4.99 for this masterpiece is at the very least a fantastic bargain, also this isn't anything like what else is about at the moment.

When i heard the Rudimental track 'Feel The Love' featuring Newman on vocals, i thought it was some old meiser, and only when i watched the throughly entertaining visual for 'Love Me Again' i saw it was only but a young man.. trust me, i wasn't fond on the song at all at first, but as time progressed, i started to appreciate it little by little everytime i heard it.. but on a record like this, there is absolutely no flaws whatsoever.

FANTASTIC. BUY NOW. RECOMMEND TO ALL AGES. I AM A 15 YEAR OLD LAD USING HIS MOTHERS ACCOUNT TO REVIEW THIS. BRAVO.

Bangerz
Bangerz

5.0 out of 5 stars Bangerz: Where Every Track Is A Banger!, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bangerz (Audio CD)
'I think Every track on the record has the potential to be a single' - Miley Cyrus

'I want it to be a record that still gets enjoyed years on, like MJ's 'Bad''- Miley Cyrus

Basically... Miley Cyrus knows what she's talking about.

This LP is truly star-studded brilliance. I never was a fan of the golden girl of old but since the premiere of 'We Cant Stop' I must admit I am very much a huge fan of her recently, even though all the controversties surrounding Cyrus, I always find everything she does intriguing and I enjoy it... what's the fuss about people? She's a 20 year old girl living her life!

Bangerz acts very much in the same style as Rihanna's latest effort 'Unapologetic' but I am not comparing her to anything like Rihanna, Miley is her own person. However the I like the fact that MC is delivering this album like its her debut, and no wonder as this is a future-classic.

The Tracks are:
- Adore You (8/10)
- We Can't Stop (10/10)
- SMS (Bangerz)[Feat. Britney Spears] (8/10)
- 4X4 [Feat. Nelly] (9/10)
- My Darlin' [Feat. Future] (7/10)
- Wrecking Ball (10/10)
- Love, Money, PartY (9/10)
- #GETITRIGHT (8/10)
- Drive (10/10)
- FU (Feat. French Montanna)[10/10]
- Do My Thang (9/10)
- Maybe You're Right (10/10)
- Someone Else (10/10)

Fantastic and every single song is a banger in its own respect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5