Profile for Hannah C > Reviews

Content by Hannah C

Hannah C

PetSafe Funkitty Egg-Cersizer Cat Toy
PetSafe Funkitty Egg-Cersizer Cat Toy

2.0 out of 5 stars The holes are not complex enough - they are either ..., 17 Feb. 2017
The holes are not complex enough - they are either too big so the treat falls straight out or are too small so the treat doesn't come out at all.

The Step-Parents' Parachute: The Four Cornerstones of Good Step-parenting
The Step-Parents' Parachute: The Four Cornerstones of Good Step-parenting
by Flora McEvedy
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars It made me feel there was little hope, 13 Jan. 2013
I ordered this book when I was feeling overwhelmed and low. I was feeling all the pressures of being in a relationship with a man with a child and needed some guidance. There were many things, from many sources, that were getting on top of me but I'm afraid that this book only made me feel worse. I found the constant reminding of my secondclass status unhelpful and felt I needed to focus in a more positive way on the impact I could have as a step-parent. I didn't finish it because I felt it's approach was so negative. I can understand that if my circumstances were different, especially if I was having a difficult time in my relationship with my step-daughter particularly, perhaps my feelings towards it would have been different.

How to be a Happy Stepmum
How to be a Happy Stepmum
by Dr Lisa Doodson

5.0 out of 5 stars So positive, 13 Jan. 2013
I am so pleased I bought this book, it has been such a wonderful help and support. I read the whole thing cover to cover in a very short time and have since refered back to it at any difficult time. I had tried others and found them either to be too negative or too sugary. This one is full of practical advice remaining positive all the while about your relationship with your stepchildren, however difficult that might be and whatever the level of involvement, for whatever reason. I am very grateful to the author for producing it!