Profile for Andy Bradshaw > Reviews

Content by Andy Bradshaw

Andy Bradshaw

Blackstar ID:Core 100 Stereo · Guitar Amp
Blackstar ID:Core 100 Stereo · Guitar Amp

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round amp, for recording and gigging., 12 Aug. 2017
I bought one of these recently. Was looking at the Boss Katana 100 or the Fender Champion 100 and was favouring the Fender. Until I tried this. I plugged a Telecaster into it and Woooah! that was it. Hooked. It does clean beautifully, it does dirty fantastically and is incredibly precise in terms of how much crunch you want to dial in. You can set it so that without having to change volume on your guitar, you can play clean and then get this lovely overdrive come in when you dig into the guitar a bit. It has a wealth of available sounds, but to be honest, I use a handful, but it's nice knowing I have the reserves there if I ever need them.

Oh, and the stereo wide reverb is AMAZING. This is a 2 x 10 that sounds a hell of a lot bigger than it is. AND, I nearly forgot, it's LIGHT, so it won't kill your back. Really, I can't recommend this enough. Top work Blackstar.

Tonerider TRT1 Vintage Plus Telecaster Pickup Set
Tonerider TRT1 Vintage Plus Telecaster Pickup Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them. Just buy them., 29 April 2017
These pick-ups are astonishing.

They give you that classic Telecaster sound, lots of snap and bite, and dirty, they really crunch.

Absolutely no hesitation whatsoever recommending these, they are incredible - and at under £60, frankly they're a steal. Buy them, you would have to spend a hell of a lot of money to get better pick-ups than these.

Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce 148 ml
Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce 148 ml
Offered by ChilliBugs Hot Sauces Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars An Ultra Hot Rite Of Passage For Chilli Lovers, 4 Oct. 2016
I remember the first time I tried this about three years ago. I was so used to buying chilli sauces that claimed they were "hot" or even "ultra hot" and never thought they were.

So I bought a bottle of this.

I had bought a Tesco tuna pasta bake microwave meal for one the same day. I heated it and then thought I would try some of this Insanity Sauce stuff. I assumed, like all the others that this wouldn't be anything near as hot as it claimed to be. So I splashed it on the rather small pasta portion in front of me in much the same way you might apply Worcester Sauce.

It took around 30 minutes for me to regain feeling in my mouth (yes I did eat the entire portion).

It was brilliant! Loved it, can't wait to try the Ultimate Insanity Sauce next.

The only thing I would say is that this does have its own flavour so will colour the flavour of whatever you add it to, rather than just adding pure heat, so be advised.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and excellent value., 28 July 2014
I have had a pair of these for a year now, so I think I have given them a fair crack of the proverbial whip.

I've done easily a couple of thousand miles plus in my pair and they are still going strong. I've done the Dunwich Dynamo in a pair of these and my feet were absolutely fine at the end (albeit soaking due to rain, but that's my fault I should have brought overshoes).

A year down the line, they were looking extremely grubby so I tried something it didn't say I could do and stuck them in the washing machine on a jeans wash. They came out great! no distortion and apart from a couple of scratches look pretty much as though they've only been worn a few weeks.

A lot has been made about the flexibility of the soles, which is possibly my only criticism of them. Yeah they could be a little firmer but to be honest, as long as you have the cleat position right for your riding style I don't really think it's that noticeable.

I have found these very comfortable and great day-to-day riding shoes. they look good too. Sure, they're not Sidi's but they are outstanding value for money and for 25 quid you can buy, try and forget if need be.

The heel and toe platforms help with walking too.

All in all, would I recommend them? Yes. Would I buy another pair when mine eventually wear out? Yes I think I probably will.

Seiko Prospex Kinetic 200 Meter Dive Men's Automatic Analogue Watch with Black Dial and Stainless Steel Case SKA371P1
Offered by Best Quality Watches

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant Stylish and Solid Watch, 15 April 2013
I've been down the Rolex road in the past and like the classic dive watch look. However, with servicing costs of Submariners becoming prohibitive it really makes you start to think. Secondly subs are just so common they no longer have the cachet they once had - that and the basic black faced stainless steel submariner is one of the most replica'd watches out there if you see someone wearing one the assumption is that it's a fake.

The Seiko SKA371 isn't pretending to be a Rolex, nor an Omega. It's a Seiko, the dial has its own design aspects; the skeleton hands are distinctivel; the bezel is a big chunk of engineering. And it ticks, it doesn' sweep.

This is a proper man's watch. Unpretentious, solid, utilitarian, yet can still be worn and make a style statement whether with a t-shirt or smart suit and shirt - and yes the watch will fit under most but the tightest cuffs.

This is a weighty watch. It feels substantial, like it's been engineered to last. The bracelet is solid linked and well made with a nicely designed diver's extension.

I also like the kinetic movement. A rotor, the same principle as an automatic watch, generates energy from the movement of your wrist, which is converted to electricity stored within a Lithium cell within the watch. All of this means that rather than have the faff of having to need a watch winder for when you choose to wear another watch, it will keep going for up to six months at full charge - which is very handy indeed.

It also means that you have less need to keep adjusting the time which entails undoing the screw down crown. The less you have to do this the less stress you are putting on seals so it's all to the good.

I have absolutely no hesitation in giving this watch five stars. It gives the feeling of quality, style and that it will outlive you.

Great watch. Well done Seiko!