Profile for Mewsyke > Reviews

Content by Mewsyke

Mewsyke

Page: 1 | 2
Rico Royal 2.0 Strength Reeds for Bb Clarinet (Pack of 3)
Rico Royal 2.0 Strength Reeds for Bb Clarinet (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in good time., 1 Dec. 2014
Good buy! Value for money!

D'Addario Helicore 4/4 Scale Light Tension Cello String Set
D'Addario Helicore 4/4 Scale Light Tension Cello String Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality strings for the cello - a must., 10 Nov. 2014
I love these strings!! True to the Helicore range, the strings are thinner and the "Light Tension" edition is lighter under the fingers, giving the cellist an advantage especially where it's such strenuous work to play the instrument as a kick-off. Despite the light tension there is no loss of tone, but plenty of response.
As a violinist and violist I've always used Helicore (for the same reasons) but the lightness of touch on the cello seems more distinct somehow, which makes the instrument more of a partner than a lion to be tamed.
Can thoroughly recommend them. Reasonably priced as a bonus!!

Victorian Kitchen Garden Suite (cl/pno)
Victorian Kitchen Garden Suite (cl/pno)
by Paul Reade
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming collection with considerable challenge for the clarinetist., 10 Nov. 2014
Lovely collection - a great addition to the "real repertoire" (ie not arranged) of clarinet music.
Excellent trader, music arrives well ahead of schedule.

Play Latin: (Clarinet and Piano) (Clarinet Piano) (Faber Edition: Play Latin)
Play Latin: (Clarinet and Piano) (Clarinet Piano) (Faber Edition: Play Latin)
by Alan Gout

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album of very popular Latin Tunes - not difficult ..., 27 Aug. 2014
Great album of very popular Latin Tunes - not difficult but immensely fun. If you're a fan of Latin music then this album is a must.

Gbos - Nokia Lumia 520 Black Leather Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Mini Touch Stylus Pen Black
Offered by GB Online Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design and value for money, 26 Oct. 2013
Very handy. But I the mini pen is no good for inserting in the earphone socket as it cuts off all sound. An improvement to this design would be this - put a little holder for the mini pen in the inside fold of the case, and if possible put the magnet clip to secure the other way, ie put it in the front flap so that when it closes it covers the camera lens too. and when you open the case to speak into the phone the case clip won't tickle your ear!!!

I'd but it any tme if these improvements are made.

Gbos Nokia Lumia 520 Black Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Touch Stylus Pen - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but not very practical, 26 Oct. 2013
I can't fault the quality or the value for money, but it's not good for what I want it for. it's like putting a booklet to your ear to speak on the phone - not very easy to hold. But you can fold it back, although this would make it rather clumsy to hold.
Here's a good tip. It's a good place to keep your driving photocard licence. But do NOT keep your credit cards with your drivers licence. - for obvious security reasons.

An Introduction to Career Learning & Development 11-19: Perspectives, Practice and Possibilities
by Anthony Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 26 Oct. 2013
Great for anybody involved in this kind of work..I've made this book one of my core texts for my current research.

I was a little disappointed that the first part of the book did not go into more detail about varying theories drawn in from psychology, and one gets the impression this is more of a practice than academic book. However, it gives lots of material for any school to develop career friendly enhancements to their curricula.

It gave me a few new ideas to try.

The best thing about this book I think is the plethora of references and resource materials, including websites etc.

Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern
Massive MüNCHEN Down Wall Lantern
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful lamp - so homely, 26 Oct. 2013
Certainly enhances our back door,as well as makes it convenient for lighting. Pity though that they don't do a PIR version.

Kanlux ZONA White PIR Motion / Movement Sensor 360 deg 220-240V 1200W IP Rating 20
Offered by Lighting DIY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little gadget, 26 Oct. 2013
I put it in the kitchen extension so that when we come in it turns on automatically. Also it is good for security because whenever our cat activates it it looks like there are are people moving around inside. I also have one in the bathroom because our cord switch makes such a loud noise that it wakes people up in the bedroom beside the bathroom.

The only little gripe I have with it is that when it switches on it can make quite a loud click,especially at night when it's quite. but it's only a little matter. The sensitivity screws are great too, and you can set the time lapse and darkness sensitivity to your liking. So I have different sensitivity settings in the bathroom and kitchen.

Casio AQ-230A-1DMQYES Small Unisex Combi Bracelet Watch
Casio AQ-230A-1DMQYES Small Unisex Combi Bracelet Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous elegant reliable and durable watch, 1 Jun. 2013
I first came across this watch in the early 80's when a friend bought and wore it, and I admired it jealously then. However I had a Seiko combi watch that went on forever. About 6 years ago when my Seiko went defunct (after over 20 years) I was delighted to find this watch still available and had no hesitation buying it. And I absolutely loved it - my favourite watch of all time.

I have quite small wrists for a man and being also a violinist I am aware of the slightest weight differences on my (left) wrist and hand (I wear my wedding ring on my right hand). This lightweight watch is almost unnoticeable weightwise and looks fabulous and the black face even goes well with my black dinner suit (the white face looks a bit plasticky I think, which was why I chose this one).

Apart from its good clean looks, the watch sports some great features in its digital display: stopwatch, second time zone, alarm, date and of course primary time zone, which can be in 12 or 24 hour format. So you could have the analogue display the primary time, while your digital could display any of these features. Often when I've needed a stopwatch, as in my work, and found I've not brought one, this watch had been ready at hand (literally) to save the day!!

There are however, just two little features I would've liked which this watch doesn't have - (1) no backlight/illumination and (2) altering the time can only be done forwards. The first is only a small gripe, as in the dark you can see the time on your mobile phone, but the second is just a little inconvenient if you travel a lot like I do. However, it's a small sacrifice for such a wonderful watch, which is classic, elegant, handsome and highly efficient.

Page: 1 | 2