Profile for Pattybee > Reviews

Pattybee

Vax S2 Steam Mop Upright Hard Floor Master
Vax S2 Steam Mop Upright Hard Floor Master

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than hands and knees, by far!, 31 May 2015
This steam mop is a recent purchase- I should have bought one years ago. It does a very good job and the only downside is that it leaves the floor wetter than I expected, but that is a small thing compared to having to get down on hands and knees which I have been doing for years. All in all I am very pleased with it.

Jack Of Diamonds
Jack Of Diamonds

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Jack Of Diamonds (Kindle Edition)
Very good read up to the usual Bryce Courtney standard. It flows well and the storyline is very believable.

Lonely Planet Sicily (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Sicily (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars which is good. The recommendations for restaurants in the two cities ..., 22 July 2014
This guide followed the usual format for Lonely Planet, which is good. The recommendations for restaurants in the two cities we visited were spot on, Mama Rosanna in Trattoria di De Fi Fiore Catania is a real character. There were several locals in when we went, always a good sign. The other place we visited was Syracuse and, as we stayed in a hotel very near the Jonico-a Rutta 'e ciauli we ate there several times. Both of those establishments were to be highly recommended for good, tasty. Sicilian food.The only thing missing in this guide was the 'top end', 'mid range' and 'budget' sections for hotels.

Berlitz: Budapest Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Budapest Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars Off in a while, 19 April 2014
We are off to Budapest in a while for a four night trip and this handy little guide will go with us . Useful size and packed with info. Delivery was very speedy. P Belmore

Berlitz: Sicily Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Sicily Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, 19 April 2014
These books are just what we expect. Small enough to get into pocket or handbag and full of useful information. P Belmore

Berlitz: Cuba Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)
Berlitz: Cuba Pocket Guide (Berlitz Pocket Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of three...., 19 April 2014
This is one of three travel guides I bought for different countries and they are all very good and have helped us decide the place for our next holiday.
P.belmore

Kärcher K2 Compact Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
Kärcher K2 Compact Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good job done quickly, 19 April 2014
Does the job very well well and I got the very dirty patio clean in a couple of hours. It would be a real plus if the car brush was included, then I could have given five stars.
P.Belmore

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park

3.0 out of 5 stars a good light romantic novel, 27 Mar. 2014
I found this book interesting because I am an older woman and could relate to many of the situations which Hilary Boyd was able to describe so well. I look forward to reading more of her novels.

The Poacher's Daughter
The Poacher's Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 8 Nov. 2012
This book had an interesting and fascinating theme. The characters were well and fully portrayed with the background to the story being authentic. It showed the contrasts between the hardships of the poor people and the quite superior attitudes of the rich at the time with many twists and turns and, of course, the love interest is always a plus for me.

I look forward to reading another of Mary Nichols' novels.