Profile for M. Hall > Reviews

M. Hall (Watford - UK)

Alcatel ONETOUCH IDOL 3 (4.7) SIM-Free Smartphone - Dark Grey
Alcatel ONETOUCH IDOL 3 (4.7) SIM-Free Smartphone - Dark Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Caution, only 8gb Internal Storage!, 25 April 2016
This version of the phone has only 8gb of internal storage, there is a micro SD slot but only a few apps are movable to this. Every time I wanted to download a new app there was not enough internal storage left so I had to delete something else to make room. It's a nice little phone if you only use a few apps, but it wasn't good for my needs so I returned it and bought the 5.5" version, this has 16gb so much better. I cannot speak highly enough of Amazon's returns procedure though, they could not have made it much easier for me.

Casio Collection - Men's Digital Watch with Resin Strap - W-735H-1AVEF
Casio Collection - Men's Digital Watch with Resin Strap - W-735H-1AVEF

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but no snooze function, 12 Jan. 2015
Very good for the price - I bought this watch solely to wake me in the morning without disturbing my partner. So far it seems to be doing the job although I thought initially that the intensity and duration of the vibration wouldn't be enough - it is. My only disappointment is that only one alarm can be set and there is no snooze function. I have always snoozed so it's hard to break the habit, I still set my phone alarm 10 minutes later in case I fall back to sleep.

WORX WG307E 600W Jawsaw Safety Chainsaw
WORX WG307E 600W Jawsaw Safety Chainsaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Item returned, 17 Jan. 2014
I bought this for someone as Christmas present being torn between safety and practicality. Unfortunately the 10cm maximum cut felt like too much of a restriction in the end so I returned the item unused.

Lindo LDG-BF Electro-Acoustic Guitar with Active Pre-amp, Digital Tuner, XLR/Jack and Carry Case - Black Fire

3.0 out of 5 stars Pre-amp didn't work, 29 Dec. 2013
The guitar itself was fine although it did need retuning more often than my Yamaha and didn't sound or feel quite as good. However, I bought this a couple of weeks before my guitar club's scheduled open mic night so that I had time to get used to it. Unfortunately, when I plugged it into an amp nothing came out! Tried three different jack leads without success then had to borrow a guitar from someone else to do my set. It's also worth noting that a black shiny anything looks really nice but will show up every little mark. Returned for refund and now considering paying a little extra for another Yamaha.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2014 4:38 PM GMT

Signs & Signifiers
Signs & Signifiers

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Signs & Signifiers (Audio CD)
This guy was recommended to me by a colleague who saw him perform live at the Rhythm Riot in Camber Sands, I'm so glad he did!

I feel like someone who has just discovered Rock n Roll for the very first time. It just sounds somehow so fresh and new, there's something magic about this album, the first thing that hits you is his superb voice, and the sound is just perfect. If he can continue turning out stuff like this, he's gonna be massive! I feel like taking up jiving lessons now so I can dance to it :)

BLACK 6FT SUPER KING SIZE Headboard CROWN FAUX LEATHER WITH STRUTS
BLACK 6FT SUPER KING SIZE Headboard CROWN FAUX LEATHER WITH STRUTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item at good price, 18 Mar. 2011
Very impressed with this headboard in terms of quality, price, and shipping speed. So impressed infact that I ordered a single bed version too. I would recommend Mr Sleeps Beds to anyone and would definitely buy from them again.

A Real Mother for Ya
A Real Mother for Ya
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 8 Jan. 2010
This review is from: A Real Mother for Ya (Audio CD)
One of those albums I had on tape for years but never got the CD, glad I have now! JGW at his best!

Braun Oral-B Professional Care Deep Clean 8000 Rechargeable Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B Professional Care Deep Clean 8000 Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars All of the above!, 8 Jan. 2009
If you just want a nice powerful toothbrush without any fancy expensive gimics, then this is what you're looking for. Make sure that you get a shaver adaptor to go with it (if you do not have an outlet in the bathroom).

My only problem was that I later found it £10 cheaper on the High Street, Superdrug £23, I wasn't expecting that but never mind, I'm happy.

Love
Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Beatles fan? - check this out and you will be!!, 16 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Love (Audio CD)
Virgin Radio's Geoff Show played the complete album prior to release and I must say I was very impressed! Re-mastered and mixed superbly, it's much better than I expected. However, it must have been difficult to decide which tracks not to include from the massive back catalogue, and there must be scope for further albums here. My only criticism would be that a couple of early tracks "I want to hold your hand" and "Help" didn't quite blend well (for me) with the rest of the selection. This Beatles album is a brilliant introduction to those too young to know the material, and a great reminder for those of us who forgot just how good they were!