Profile for Archie Grimwald > Reviews

Content by Archie Grimwald

Archie Grimwald "Sad old git!" (Essex UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Zyliss E13075 Onion Chopper
Zyliss E13075 Onion Chopper
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars The easy rider of all choppers, 24 Sept. 2016
This thing is the culinary 'bomb'! if your knife skills are a bit lacking. It basically works like a stapler which pushes veg through a cutting grid into an integral container. Two cutting grids provide coarse or fine chopping.Yes it is slightly fiddly to clean but comes with a little 'comb' to assist with this.It also appears so far to be dishwasher safe.Simply peel your vegetables and get them into reasonable sized 'lumps' ready for cubing/slicing and away you go. A genuine time saving device which means you can get your hard vegetables softening in the pan and gradually add others as your recipe requires. I have successfully tried onions,shallots, courgette,carrots, peppers, pickled mustard leaves and celery.I see no reason why it wouldn't work with tomatoes providing they are reasonably firm. There is a need to consider what way you stand the vegetables on the cutting surface(e.g vertical segments of celery, courgette) but this thing appears to be strong enough to wack it down on most veg with no problem.
Buy one - it will provide you with a very quick way to produce a meal using proper fresh, healthy vegetables.

Sobetter TV Antenna Long Range HDTV Antenna Indoor Premium Materials TV Aerial for Technology Performance Digital Antenna for TV with 9.8 Feet Coax Cable with F to IEC type - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Will be good for scraping ice off car windscreen., 24 Sept. 2016
Sorry to disagree with others but I got no signal out of this thing whatsoever. I live in a low signal area but either analogue or digital made no difference- zilch channels so I dispute the 'long range' in its title.
Product looks okay but did not solve my problem which was to get an aerial signal to my spare Sky box in a bedroom. I also tried scanning with it directly plugged into TV. For me -useless

Kingsman - The Secret Service
Kingsman - The Secret Service

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive cast can't save this script, 18 July 2016
I can usually forgive a bit of dramatic licence in the name of action entertainment but this silly slice of 'Bondesque' nonsense really is ridiculous to the point of being annoying.Yes, I understand it is meant to be a bit tongue in cheek and humorous in parts but contrast that to the extreme violence and I understand why others have found it confusing. Sadly this appears to have been popular enough to warrant a sequel- The Golden Circle
Do yourself a favour and just watch the trailer and save yourself the bother of enduring all of it.

This Is Where I Live
This Is Where I Live
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars This is where I became a genuine fan, 16 July 2016
This review is from: This Is Where I Live (Audio CD)
Yes a bit of nostalgia with Mr. Bell back on the STAX label but there is much on offer here that delivers a lesson in writing, producing and singing simple soulful music done extremely well. Mr. Bell has been making music since the early sixties. Mature in years he may be but if he can still deliver then I for one will welcome a lesson from a master which was certainly the case when I saw his recent concert in London. Memories of which will stay with me for a very long time.In all those years his voice has not changed and he can still hit some impressive notes.
Grammy winning producer/arranger John Leventhal has done a superb job in creating an authentic Memphis soul style sound in a New York City studio. A balance of beautiful ballads is punctuated by some more uptempo blues songs; all of which are listenable. Mr. Bell sings in a semi-crooner style; smooth and confident with a God given tone that means he can pretty much sing anything and sound good without ever straining or overstating his point. As a listener I find the lyrics are quickly branded on my memory and it is difficult to resist not straining these old pipes and singing along in the car.
Difficult to pick out any favourites but of the ballads "The House Always Wins", "I Will Take Care of You", "All Your Stories" and "All The Things You Can Remember" are immediately stand out songs.For a quality mid tempo pop song check out "People Want To Go Home". For some blues I would recommend "Born Under A Bad Sign" and "Mississippi Arkansas Bridge" but to be honest to split up this collection of songs would be a bit of a shame. Do yourself a favour and witness some songs that actually tell stories with meaning and are delivered in a heartfelt, sincere manner with no thrills or gimmicks. Essential for all ages and still very, very much needed in 2016.This album genuinely deserves more success than it will probably achieve.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2016 8:42 PM GMT

Dub
Dub

5.0 out of 5 stars D-U-B! All you need to know, 27 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Dub (Audio CD)
Not much to add to tech-Sergeant's comprehensive appraisal of this collection. A seriously good quality and value dub excursion especially if you are new to the genre and have a lot of catching up to do! The digital reproduction is extremely impressive.
PS Got this in local supermarket for £4. A no brainer even though i already have most tracks

Jurassic World
Jurassic World

2.0 out of 5 stars Jurassic repeat, 27 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Jurassic World (Blu-ray)
I thought this film sucked. It may be better on a big screen but I doubt it as I have a 50" tv. It tries so hard to pay homage to Spielberg it is virtually the same as the original movie. Even the CGI shows little improvement.A few monster chase sequences in a lame script are not enough thrills to rescue this film. Probably okay if you haven't seen any of the others..

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Life on Mars?, 27 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Martian (DVD)
Best film I have seen for ages. Well acted, produced and written. The tension and desperation bubbles whilst the film delivers a intelligent social message. Quite a long fuilm but so good I didn't notice. Truly recommended, great entertainment.

I Am Wrath
I Am Wrath

4.0 out of 5 stars I Am for Travolta fans, 27 Jun. 2016
This review is from: I Am Wrath (DVD)
Travolta's Taken 2.5.
A no-brainer revenge movie which ticks along fast enough to hold your interest. You can take a nap, go to the loo or make a cup of tea during this film and still keep up with it on your return.Simply put a bit of violent action.movie entertainment. Nothing else to say about it.

Does Led Zeppelin II
Does Led Zeppelin II

3.0 out of 5 stars Missed the stop and woke at the end of the line, 24 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Does Led Zeppelin II (Audio CD)
Got to agree with the other reviews here.
The concept of Train (who I am no big fan of) doing a Led Zep cover sounds quite interesting but this well produced and played recreation of LZ II sadly shows no originality or any from of artistic interpretation whatsoever. Notably it is a charitable concept but ultimately this disappoints.I would love to hear the Easy Star All-Stars do a 'Dread Zeppelin' album- now that would be some originality I would really look forward to hearing.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT Sam dees, 24 Jun. 2016
This is a broadway soundtrack of show tunes which has absolutely nothing to do with Sam Dees. Soul fans please avoid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20